Demisexual? This sound right?

Alyssum

So I've been identifying as asexual up to this point. I don't think that's fully wrong because everything until last night has seemed very, very fitting for it. But after reading about some of these other terms, I got to thinking. I do have libido, and while normally it only works with random fantasies and not related to sex or other people or anything, there is this one guy who I have an annoyingly huge crush on that I can't do anything about, and I decided that if I was going to experiment with myself then I might as well use it to my advantage. So I gave it a run, at first it didn't really look like it was going anywhere, like it never has before, and I wasn't really into it at all (in retrospect, I probably could've waited until a time when my libido was actually kicking in by itself, but I guess I was impatient :rolleyes:) but then I started trying to imagine it with a lot of real love and passion and foreplay and all this stuff, and after a while when my imagination was starting to kick it into high gear and I was starting to feel like there was the real emotional connection that I actually feel with this guy, then out of nowhere I suddenly got really into it. I started picturing him in a whole new way, one that I can pretty honestly say I've never thought of someone before, and everything kind of made sense. And for the first time in my life, I finished from thinking only about sex, rather than trying to start out with sex, getting bored, and switching to something else. :) It became clear to me pretty quickly that I wouldn't have been able to do it without feeling that passion was there for an extended amount of time and really visualizing lots of sexually romantic things being done once I started getting into it, and that it only would have worked with him. I don't feel anything for regular sex fantasies or towards just anyone normally. That fits the demisexual description, right?

Archived