My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Aeriosa

LiteralNovice

We've got digs at not only War Horse and My Little Pony, but also Tintin. This is actually a pretty funny video.
Quill Pen Gentleman

I Love Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. Fluttershy is so adorable. :wub::wub::wub: I can't really choose between the two.

Rarity would be my second favorite, and I don't really know too many other characters that aren't part of the mane six.

Does anyone else find Pinkie Pie slightly terrifying? Like in the latest episode? I felt so sorry for Doodle!

LiteralNovice

Does anyone else find Pinkie Pie slightly terrifying? Like in the latest episode? I felt so sorry for Doodle!

You know, it's almost like Pinkie wants to think of the worst way to help someone. Like how she stands up and gets a megaphone saying that Doodle is really, really bald before asking for a toupee. No wonder everypony laughed!

But "Smile, Smile, Smile" just makes it too hard to hate her. Doesn't mean she's not terrifying. Hell, I think "One Way Or Another" by Blondie should be her actual theme song. She will find you.

Haha, ponies :D I love this show, and some people actually think I'm a pedophile, which doesn't make any sense at all, so I convinced them to actually watch it and they all began to love them, mwahaha.

I don't know why nobody ever seems to notice AppleJack, she's by far my favourite character. But I'm a huge fan of the U.S. south, the accent, the rednecks, so it's quite obvious. Plus she's cool. Also Spike.

LiteralNovice

Haha, ponies :D I love this show, and some people actually think I'm a pedophile, which doesn't make any sense at all, so I convinced them to actually watch it and they all began to love them, mwahaha.

I don't know why nobody ever seems to notice AppleJack, she's by far my favourite character. But I'm a huge fan of the U.S. south, the accent, the rednecks, so it's quite obvious. Plus she's cool. Also Spike.

Actually Applejack's pretty cool. She was the first pony I ever considered to be a favourite. Hell I don't even remember why now.

LiteralNovice

Does anyone ship any ponies? I find it to be a little weird, at least when shipped in a sexual way. I've seen pictures of Rainbow Dash and AJ snuggling and it's super cute. Anything beyond that is just... blegh >.<

I don't know about Applejack and Rainbow Dash. Knowing Rainbow, they will be finished in ten seconds flat, anyway.

ZING!!!

I have to say, now you got me thinking about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM4NYdv_JLQ

Twilight: Now, tell me all about your issues with Applejack.

RD: Well the issue here is that she always wants to be on top.

AJ: Nuh-uh! The REAL issue is that you finish in "10 seconds flat".

I love that image. *saves*

Bwahahahahaha!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

LiteralNovice

bronies.jpg

My word. This is great. I haven't seen much of Star Trek:TNG to be honest, but I've seen an episode or two. Mainly involving Q. (rhyme!) Regardless, this image is very funny. It's brilliant.

Also,

's The Raven read by John De Lancie. Just close your eyes and think of Q Discord Q Discord Q Q whichever you think is best.
The Evil Cashew

I just wanted to take a moment to gloat that I have the autograph of the voice of fluttershy/pinkie pie on a nice poster signed to me.

Thank you.

(i also like pinkie pie and rainbow dash. i like spike and don't really have a fav minor/bg pony. there are several amusing ones)

LiteralNovice

I just wanted to take a moment to gloat that I have the autograph of the voice of fluttershy/pinkie pie on a nice poster signed to me.

Thank you.

(i also like pinkie pie and rainbow dash. i like spike and don't really have a fav minor/bg pony. there are several amusing ones)

Awwwwww, lucky you!

A random question, has anyone heard of any music by Hey Ocean? It's a band involving Ashleigh Ball (the voice of AJ and RD). Here's a PMV involving one of their songs.

Princess Flufflebutt

Say... Who else here absolutely loved the newest episode? I did.

LiteralNovice

Say... Who else here absolutely loved the newest episode? I did.

It was really great.

SPOILERS AHOY

I liked the small sense of continuity as "assertive"!Fluttershy is very reminiscent of Flutterbitch from the season 2 opener. Proof that Discord's influence will never go away. It kinda sucked how nearly every pony at the mall was a total ass to her. Guess you'd want to get back at them after being a doormat all your life. The jokes were really good, the references that Iron Will made were good, and I loved how in the end, Fluttershy demonstrated true assertiveness by standing up for herself. Plus the reference to the Flutterstare (from Stare Master) was the icing on the cake. All in all, really awesome.

Also, "...nopony else gives a flying feather about." I feel like I'll be using that in more conversations.

Favorite Mane Six: Twilight Sparkle

Minor pony: Princess Luna

Background pony: Derpy

Non-pony: Discord

Favorite Mane Six: Toss-up between Rarity and Rainbow Dash, but I really relate to all of them except Fluttershy.

Minor Pony: Granny Smith

Background Pony: The dirty stallion with the trash can cutie mark

Non-Pony: Spike

WoodwindWhistler

Overall, though, I'm going with Big Mac. I think I've got a brush on him. I've always had a thing for draft horses.

Brush? What is this new terminology? :-D I have a pretty good idea of what a squish, a squash, and a zucchini are, but "brush"? Enlighten me!

And yes, draft horses are awesome.

I'm still looking for a good grimdark with a psychotic fluttershy. If it's done right then can go to very high levels of insanity without any of the other ponies noticing.

Too bad I'm too lazy to write it myself :lol:

Are you saying none of the other ponies would notice because Fluttershy keeps to herself a lot?

I always thought that a grimdark fanfiction involving a psychotic!Fluttershy would have (a) Angel as an anti-conscience, "devil on her shoulder" type, and (b) her starting off by killing carnivorous animals. After all, how is it fair that the wittle veggie-eating creatures have to die? And in MLP, I feel it's hinted that the ponies are actually omnivores, like us (and recent IRL evidence suggests that horses can and do eat meat, like hippos) so Flutter would become sort of an enviro-terrorist. If you wanted to involve Cupcakes!Pinkamena, too, they could be arch-nemeses. Can't you just picture a scene where, before attempting to murder the crocodilian Gummy, Fluttershy goes all "holier-than-thou," berating Pinkie for having no reason or cause behind her violence? (of course, in my head, Cupcakes!Pinkamena does have a solid reason for her actions . . .)

. . . Also, somewhere on this thread I remember reading "flying feather" as a euphemism for the less tasteful original. It reminds me of a fanfiction I wrote where the main character swears by saying "Severed feathers," ("Severs," for short) seeing as she's (kind of) a griffin, and they are in dire straits when they lose too many of their magic feathers! Another place I saw something like this was Avatar: The Last Airbender, where Aang swears by saying, (think "Mother F-") "Monkey Feathers!" an indication of the hybrid animals indigenous to that world.

Princess Flufflebutt

Okay, wow. I had a dream where Derpy baked muffins for us because it was Cheerilee's birthday. They had scraps of paper in them, but they pretty good regardless.

Batman's Ace

Overall, though, I'm going with Big Mac. I think I've got a brush on him. I've always had a thing for draft horses.

Brush? What is this new terminology? :-D I have a pretty good idea of what a squish, a squash, and a zucchini are, but "brush"? Enlighten me!

And yes, draft horses are awesome.

Heh. I thought it would be an appropriately pony term. I just want to curry him. All day long. And feed him carrots and sugar and stroke his nose and comb his mane and brush him 'til his coat shines and just enjoy spending loads of time with him.

I'm streaming the new episode online for the first time (and I can't seem to stop telling everypony). It's so exciting waiting for it to start!

LiteralNovice

Spoiler alert

My response to the subplot: Whoa Spike, you eat all that icecream you're gonna get a wicked bad tummy ache.

This week's wasn't their best, I thought. Even though a lot of them are predictable, I thought this one was -too- predictable, on all fronts.

I can't wait for the finale, though.

I really want to see what Twilight's brother looks like!

Did anyone else snag any McDonalds pony toys yet? I picked up Rarity and Pinkie yesterday.

If you want we already know his name, what he looks like, and they have previewed a toy set with him in it. Its only been recently that we know who he really is...

If you want we already know his name, what he looks like, and they have previewed a toy set with him in it. Its only been recently that we know who he really is...

I already know his name. Is the appearance and toy set new news?

I already know his name. Is the appearance and toy set new news?

We first saw a picture of him and his bride on a poster at HUB's or Hasbro's headquarter back in January or earlier. The toy got revealed in late January. Also, at an expo, Zecora, a White Celestia, Nightmare Moon, the Great and Powerful Trixie, and DJ-Pon3 toys were revealed.

This week's wasn't their best, I thought. Even though a lot of them are predictable, I thought this one was -too- predictable, on all fronts.

Did anyone else snag any McDonalds pony toys yet? I picked up Rarity and Pinkie yesterday.

I was also a bit disappointed.

I thought the disaster would be to do with Spike's stomach ache and when it turned out to be nothing at all... Meh. It was fairly obvious that there wouldn't be any disaster at all early on, but I was still hoping they'd pull a fast one and Spike would become the disaster.

Archived