My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Aeriosa

I keep being afraid that I'm going to derail a thread because I want to talk about ponies. So, new thread! Yay!

There seems to be a lot of pony fans on here. So many pony avatars! It makes me happy.

Favorite Mane Six pony: Fluttershy, because she is so many kinds of adorable and awesome.

Second Favorite: Twilight. I relate to her more than any other pony. Dorky, bookish, and kind of socially awkward.

Background pony: Doctor Whooves

Non-pony: Tie between Spike and Discord

And so, without further adieu:

Ponies%20Everywhere.png?1316908172

[i found another pony thread from like July and I wasn't sure if I should post there or just make another. Sorry if I guessed wrong!]

Honestly I've only seen one episode of MLP:FiM (Surprising with how much I keep playing with the pony creator. LOL), because I don't watch a lot of television. It seems like a pretty fun, show, though! :lol: It's not your typical 'kid's show. Doesn't treat the kids watching like they have no brain. (The reason why I can't stand Dora)

LiteralNovice

Favourite Mane Six pony: Either Pinkie Pie or Applejack. Dunno why I like Pinkie, she's just cute in an awkward kind of way. And as for Applejack, I like the idea of the down-to-earth honest girl who's concern is getting her job done, whilst being as kind as she can.

Minor pony: Zecora. Sure she's a target for Fantastic Racism (TvTropes) but I just find her character unique and mysterious. I kinda like her appearance in other episodes too.

Background pony: I like Bon-Bon, mainly because of her changing voice. ("AIE DIHENT POOT DOSE IN MAI BEHG") Also Derpy who's adorable in a weird way like Pinkie.

Non-pony: Like Aeriosa, Discord, but Spike comes really close.

It's awesome to see some bronies here on AVEN.

The Chaos Heart

Favorite Main Six pony: Pinkie Pie

Second Favorite: Although she's not part of the main six, Princess Luna. She's my all time favorite pony.

Background pony: Derpy

Non-pony: DISCORD!!!!!!!

Favorite Main Six pony: Rainbow Dash

Second Favorite: Fluttershy

Background pony: Derpy Hooves

Non-pony: Tank

I don't know why I like the show so much, but it's pretty much the only TV show I still watch, and I actually spend the week looking forward to it.

Favorite Main Six pony: Rainbow Dash

Second Favorite: Everypony

Background pony: DJ Pon-3

Non-pony: Dicord

My friend found this show and really liked it, so he showed it to our group of friends expecting everyone to hate it. Next thing you know, we have routine pony nights when a new episode comes out.

One of my friends convinced me to watch it, and then another friend, the Discord-like guy, made a Pony reference I don't think he thought anyone was going to get. That resulted in me giggling for like ten minutes and everyone else people completely confused. We're the only two in our close friends that are really into it. That does result in us occasionally watching Ponies together, so I'm fine with that.

Pinkie Pie would probably be my third favorite. If I am most similar to Twilight, my sister is most similar to Pinkie Pie. Energetic, silly, loves cupcakes, and secretly crazy.

We're planning on dressing up for Emerald City Comicon this year. The hardest costume to get together will be a Discord one. It's gonna be so worth it, though!

Does anyone ship any ponies? I find it to be a little weird, at least when shipped in a sexual way. I've seen pictures of Rainbow Dash and AJ snuggling and it's super cute. Anything beyond that is just... blegh >.<

Princess Flufflebutt

Favorite Main Six: Fluttershy with Rainbow Dash coming close second.

Background Pony: Octavia.

Non-pony: Either Discord or the sea serpent. I can't decide.

Great Thief Yatagarasu

PONIES, MOTHERFUCKER, PONIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!

If I hadn't already firmly established my name and avatar as Kay Faraday, then I'd change my avatar to Pinkie Pie - THE most fabulous pony - in a flash.

Favorite Main Six: Rainbow Dash

Minor: Luna

Background Pony: Lyra or Dr Whooves. Or Dj Pony.

Non-pony: Discord

I don't ship ponies. I like the fact that MLP avoids the romance business most of the time.

Princess Flufflebutt

Does anyone ship any ponies? I find it to be a little weird, at least when shipped in a sexual way. I've seen pictures of Rainbow Dash and AJ snuggling and it's super cute. Anything beyond that is just... blegh >.<

I don't know about Applejack and Rainbow Dash. Knowing Rainbow, they will be finished in ten seconds flat, anyway.

Great Thief Yatagarasu

I don't know about Applejack and Rainbow Dash. Knowing Rainbow, they will be finished in ten seconds flat, anyway.

ZING!!!

Favorite Mane Six Pony: Pinkie Pie

Second Favorite: Either Sweetie Belle or fannon Trixie

Background Pony: Berry Punch!!

Non-pony: Spike

OPPP.jpg

Berry Punch kicks so much flank.

LiteralNovice

OPPP.jpg

Berry Punch is awesome. And so is her

OPPP.jpg

Love that song. BP puts the 'amore' in my Raspberry di Amore. :wub:

OPPP.jpg

That was awesome xD I heard that they wanted to have an episode in which Berry Punch drank too much or something like that but, being that it's a kids show, it didn't get made.

I really wish they had kept Discord around longer. They could have taught him the meaning and magic of friendship! And they could be best friends. Think of the shenanigans he and Pinkie Pie could have caused! It could have been great.

LiteralNovice

OPPP.jpg

That was awesome xD I heard that they wanted to have an episode in which Berry Punch drank too much or something like that but, being that it's a kids show, it didn't get made.

I really wish they had kept Discord around longer. They could have taught him the meaning and magic of friendship! And they could be best friends. Think of the shenanigans he and Pinkie Pie could have caused! It could have been great.

Whoa, really? Well they could make her drunk on something else. I mean they got away with a horse drunk off salt licks. XD

Anyway, when you said "teaching Discord the magic of friendship", I instantly thought of this:

you_will_be_pretty_by_celestiathegreatest-d4hveh3.png

I think that would be interesting to see but part of me just seems to like Discord as a villain that was at least threatening in a way. However, it would be funny if he lies about being cured by the magic of friendship. That's just how I would see it ending. XD

The Chaos Heart

I don't see it working honestly. Discord is the god of chaos and disharmony. The exact opposing force to friendship. Everything he does just causes chaos. I'm not so sue he can be taught how to be peaceable. It's just in his nature.

Whoa, really? Well they could make her drunk on something else. I mean they got away with a horse drunk off salt licks. XD

Anyway, when you said "teaching Discord the magic of friendship", I instantly thought of this:

you_will_be_pretty_by_celestiathegreatest-d4hveh3.png

I think that would be interesting to see but part of me just seems to like Discord as a villain that was at least threatening in a way. However, it would be funny if he lies about being cured by the magic of friendship. That's just how I would see it ending. XD

Ha, that picture is great xD I love he has a Tom Baker scarf on.

I don't see it working honestly. Discord is the god of chaos and disharmony. The exact opposing force to friendship. Everything he does just causes chaos. I'm not so sue he can be taught how to be peaceable. It's just in his nature.

Those are good points. I think one can be chaotic without being evil, though. Look at Pinkie Pie! The Girls would cure the Disharmony part of him. He would just end up being even more like Q xD

Really though, I just want to see some cannon Pinkie Pie and Discord Shenanigans. And interactions between he and Twilight. "Oh Twilight, you simply must come see what Pinkie and I have done today!" "Discord, I'm trying to r... Wait, what did you two do?"

They covered the town in frosting.

The Chaos Heart

fluttershy is awesome and i will kill anyone who sexualises my little ponies. she is so kind.

My_little_pony_ass.jpg

LiteralNovice

fluttershy is awesome and i will kill anyone who sexualises my little ponies. she is so kind.

There is actually a fanfic where Fluttershy is written as asexual/aromantic; though, the other ponies are not.

The story is G rated. My apologies if it's been posted here before.

D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Though really it makes sense for Fluttershy to be aromantic/asexual. At least in my opinion.

There is actually a fanfic where Fluttershy is written as asexual/aromantic; though, the other ponies are not.

The story is G rated. My apologies if it's been posted here before.

D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Though really it makes sense for Fluttershy to be aromantic/asexual. At least in my opinion.

Is there anything in canon which points to the opposite, anyway...?

Holy freakin batman, that fanfic! I approve. I may use that to come out to other bronies xD

Edit: adorable fan art

tumblr_lway3hBqVS1qkim2io1_500.jpg

Big Mac is a good big brother <3

blackwingsblackheart

Favorite Mane Six: Twilight Sparkle, because she's a bookish geek like me, and she lives in a library which I'd love to do

Minor pony: Zecora, because she's a poet and a witch, also like me (Big Mac is a close second)

Background pony: Doctor Whooves, natch <points at avatar>

Non-pony: hadn't thought about it. Discord, probably

I was introduced to MLP:FiM by a good friend of mine, a very big bisexual guy with tattoos, facial piercings and a shaved head (and, incidentally, a black belt), whose favorite character is Pinkie Pie. Go on, insult his taste in viewing material! :lol:

Archived