My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Aeriosa

LiteralNovice

Holy freakin batman, that fanfic! I approve. I may use that to come out to other bronies xD

Edit: adorable fan art

tumblr_lway3hBqVS1qkim2io1_500.jpg

Big Mac is a good big brother <3

Naw. I love how Big Mac just slings the tree over his shoulder whilst Sweetie Belle plays with the chicken (anyone familiar with brony memes will get the joke).

Why did Scootaloo get dubbed a chicken, anyway? And what's with all the Scootabuse? I think the Cutie Mark Crusaders are adorable! I know a lot of people don't, because they take time away from the mane six, but really they're not that bad.

Why did Scootaloo get dubbed a chicken, anyway? And what's with all the Scootabuse? I think the Cutie Mark Crusaders are adorable! I know a lot of people don't, because they take time away from the mane six, but really they're not that bad.

I don't know the origin of Scootabuse nor do I find it at all entertaining.

However, I do know the origin of the chicken stuff. In "Stare Master" the CMC are looking for Fluttershy's escaped chicken and they are trying to figure out how to call out to it. Applebloom decides that: "Scootaloo! Scoot-scootaloo!" is how you call a chicken. From then on, Scootaloo is a chicken in the same way Fluttershy is a Tree.

Ah. Well. I suppose that makes sense, then xD I hope we learn more about Scootaloo. Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom have all had story lines, surely the writers have something in line for her. We don't even know who her family is!

The Chaos Heart

Because Applebloom said so. Don't you remember how to call a chicken? "Scootalooooo? Scootscootaloooooooo?"

LiteralNovice

I don't know the origin of Scootabuse nor do I find it at all entertaining.

However, I do know the origin of the chicken stuff. In "Stare Master" the CMC are looking for Fluttershy's escaped chicken and they are trying to figure out how to call out to it. Applebloom decides that: "Scootaloo! Scoot-scootaloo!" is how you call a chicken. From then on, Scootaloo is a chicken in the same way Fluttershy is a Tree.

And don't forget how Rarity is a marshmallow.

And don't forget how Rarity is a marshmallow.

I'm afraid I can't help you there, LiteralNovice. That is one part of the fanon that I have never received an explanation on... However, Rarity is the best marshmallow.

PartMarshmallow.jpg?1308877630

The Chaos Heart

It's because of the art style. It makes her look kinda like a marshmallow.

Great Thief Yatagarasu

Don't get me wrong, I find the CMC to be adorable too...but I don't like them myself. I think there are a few things that makes me not like them:

Firstly, they've been told several times by several different people that getting your cutie mark is more about taking your time and making a genuine realisation about yourself instead of just trying loads of things to see what would work...and NONE OF THEM EVER LISTEN. They just go "Yawn, boring! Let's go paragliding, maybe that'll give us our cutie mark!"

Secondly, it's painfully obvious to EVERYONE what their special skills are - Applebloom's good at fixing stuff, Sweetie Belle is good at singing, and Scootaloo has her mad scooter skills. And people have told them, TO THEIR FACES, that they've got these natural talents. Again, do they listen? HELL NO. In other words, if they'd have listened to ponies who have their cutie marks already, then they'd have gotten theirs ages ago! Their "crusade" is actually hurting their chances of getting them! It's just really frustrating watching them knowing that they could have gotten their cutie marks a long while ago if they only listened to people.

And thirdly? The entire point of the episode which first focused on them is that it doesn't matter if you don't have you cutie mark yet, because you'll get there eventually - there's no use really obsessing over it, because you'll get it when it's the right time. I liked that message, since I saw it as an allegory for puberty and the idea that even if you're a latebloomer, you'll get there when you get there. Now, why am I so annoyed? Because THEY DON'T LISTEN!!!! Literally as soon as they finish giving us the message, they decide to form the CMC so they could MAKE their cutie marks appear, which just ignores just about everything that happened in the episode itself.

THAT is why I don't like the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Not because they take time away from the Main 6, but because htey never frigging listen when people are actually right.

Princess Flufflebutt

Don't get me wrong, I find the CMC to be adorable too...but I don't like them myself. I think there are a few things that makes me not like them:

Firstly, they've been told several times by several different people that getting your cutie mark is more about taking your time and making a genuine realisation about yourself instead of just trying loads of things to see what would work...and NONE OF THEM EVER LISTEN. They just go "Yawn, boring! Let's go paragliding, maybe that'll give us our cutie mark!"

Secondly, it's painfully obvious to EVERYONE what their special skills are - Applebloom's good at fixing stuff, Sweetie Belle is good at singing, and Scootaloo has her mad scooter skills. And people have told them, TO THEIR FACES, that they've got these natural talents. Again, do they listen? HELL NO. In other words, if they'd have listened to ponies who have their cutie marks already, then they'd have gotten theirs ages ago! Their "crusade" is actually hurting their chances of getting them! It's just really frustrating watching them knowing that they could have gotten their cutie marks a long while ago if they only listened to people.

And thirdly? The entire point of the episode which first focused on them is that it doesn't matter if you don't have you cutie mark yet, because you'll get there eventually - there's no use really obsessing over it, because you'll get it when it's the right time. I liked that message, since I saw it as an allegory for puberty and the idea that even if you're a latebloomer, you'll get there when you get there. Now, why am I so annoyed? Because THEY DON'T LISTEN!!!! Literally as soon as they finish giving us the message, they decide to form the CMC so they could MAKE their cutie marks appear, which just ignores just about everything that happened in the episode itself.

THAT is why I don't like the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Not because they take time away from the Main 6, but because htey never frigging listen when people are actually right.

sad-apple-bloom_thumb.jpg

...yeah, you got a point.

I got one of my friends a Fluttershy hat for Christmas. This one, in fact:

il_570xN.263754888.jpg

He loves it.

He couldn't figure out what to get me for Christmas, so as a late present I asked him to find me a plush Spike toy.

Princess Flufflebutt

I gave my friend a Fluttershy. He still hasn't opened the package yet.

Princess Flufflebutt

Shameless double post because you have to catch all those Scootaloos!

I caught 994. 54% accuracy :( I can't help but wonder what happened to all the Scootaloos I missed...

Fate worse than death.

LiteralNovice

At least you didn't get him Pinkie Pie. That would just jump out at you when you walk a foot too close to them.

Princess Flufflebutt

At least you didn't get him Pinkie Pie. That would just jump out at you when you walk a foot too close to them.

I should have given him a Pinkie Pie. That would have been hilarious.

I got one of my friends a Fluttershy hat for Christmas. This one, in fact:

il_570xN.263754888.jpg

He loves it.

He couldn't figure out what to get me for Christmas, so as a late present I asked him to find me a plush Spike toy.

I want that hat :(

Just search my Mr Little Pony Hats on etsy. They have the whole mane six. I plan on getting the Twilight one eventually, and Pinkie Pie for my sister :)

I keep being afraid that I'm going to derail a thread because I want to talk about ponies. So, new thread! Yay!

There seems to be a lot of pony fans on here. So many pony avatars! It makes me happy.

Favorite Mane Six pony: Fluttershy, because she is so many kinds of adorable and awesome.

Second Favorite: Twilight. I relate to her more than any other pony. Dorky, bookish, and kind of socially awkward.

Background pony: Doctor Whooves

Non-pony: Tie between Spike and Discord

And so, without further adieu:

Ponies%20Everywhere.png?1316908172

[i found another pony thread from like July and I wasn't sure if I should post there or just make another. Sorry if I guessed wrong!]

I just realized I never answered these questions *facehoof*

Favorite Mane Six: Fluttershy because she basically...is me. It's kind of scary

Second Favorite: I think I'd go with Rainbow Dash

Background Pony: Bonbon

Non-pony: Angel

Favourite Mane Six: ...all of them? How could I possibly choose.

Second favourite: N/A

Favourite background pony: Noteworthy

Favourite Non-Pony: SPIKE

tumblr_lvvbl7Vym71r19504o1_400.jpg

LiteralNovice

Favourite Mane Six: ...all of them? How could I possibly choose.

Second favourite: N/A

Favourite background pony: Noteworthy

Favourite Non-Pony: SPIKE

tumblr_lvvbl7Vym71r19504o1_400.jpg

He'll tell you when he's had enough.

wmies7.png

EternalSnowflake

Broniiiies~! I too had seen a few other pony avatars here, so I was determined to find this thread eventually! I'm using my pony-self, on the Pony Creator. I spent almost a whole day just making ponies on that thing, it's freaking addictive.

Favorite of Mane Six: Fluttershy. Yay~

Second Fave: Rainbow Dash. For the AWESOME.

Fave Background Pony: Derpy. She just makes me smile every time I spot her derp face.

Fave Non-Pony: Gonna have to say Discord. He made the season 2 opening eps amazing.

Fav of Mane Six: Rarity!!! She is so *fabulous*. And such a drama queen!

Fav minor pony: Photo Finish

Fav background pony: Doctor Whooves

Fav non-pony: SPIKE hells yeah

n4FnI.gif

D'aawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

(I'm not shipping, I just think they're adorable)

LiteralNovice

Photo Finish is awesome too. Even herr magicks are grecefuhl.

And aw, that pic of Spike and Rarity is adorable. I'm not a shipper either, but I think it's a bit cute maybe in the way he treats her, and I like how "Secrets Of My Excess" gave some form of closure to the whole scenario.

Archived