My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Aeriosa

I was also a bit disappointed.

I thought the disaster would be to do with Spike's stomach ache and when it turned out to be nothing at all... Meh. It was fairly obvious that there wouldn't be any disaster at all early on, but I was still hoping they'd pull a fast one and Spike would become the disaster.

THAT would have actually been interesting! This wasn't the first episode where it was exclusively written without Lauren Faust, was it?

LiteralNovice

Here's what I think of the episode itself.

For me, I felt like the writing of the last episode was more for a younger audience than normally, which is a shame, because I like a lot of M.A. Larson's episodes such as The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 and Secrets Of My Excess. The conflict was anticlimatic and could be solved easily (of course they didn't to keep the plot going), the jokes weren't that great (the subplot was good, I wish they expanded on that), and the closest thing I could consider to be cool is town puns such as Las Pegasus and Baltimare. The episode seemed a bit like a rehash of Lesson Zero, but not executed as well. However, it's not as bad as I make it out to be, and I can watch it quite a few times over, if only for the interesting subplot and the fact that Pinkie is now a gypsy (Friendship Is Witchcraft, anyone?) So yeah, just a run-of-the-mill episode for me.

WoodwindWhistler

Overall, though, I'm going with Big Mac. I think I've got a brush on him. I've always had a thing for draft horses.

Brush? What is this new terminology? :-D I have a pretty good idea of what a squish, a squash, and a zucchini are, but "brush"? Enlighten me!

And yes, draft horses are awesome.

Heh. I thought it would be an appropriately pony term. I just want to curry him. All day long. And feed him carrots and sugar and stroke his nose and comb his mane and brush him 'til his coat shines and just enjoy spending loads of time with him.

Awwww, I see. :) That would be so much fun. And I love the term coinage! XDD

Guest member25959

They must have the world's largest MLP:FIM thread over at FAF, and now there's a not-as-large-but-still-pretty-large-thread on AVEN too?? @_@

Anyways, I think I watched like, one episode before I couldn't bare OD'ing on cute anymore.

They must have the world's largest MLP:FIM thread over at FAF, and now there's a not-as-large-but-still-pretty-large-thread on AVEN too?? @_@

Anyways, I think I watched like, one episode before I couldn't bare OD'ing on cute anymore.

We're planning to take over the world, one forum at a time. I'm assuming FAF is a furry based forum? It makes sense it'd be popular there.

Personally, I'd suggest season 2 episode 1 and 2 as good starting points, seeing as the first few episodes of season 1 are pilots and don't quite capture (at least for me) what makes it enjoyable.

We're planning to take over the world, one forum at a time. I'm assuming FAF is a furry based forum? It makes sense it'd be popular there.

Personally, I'd suggest season 2 episode 1 and 2 as good starting points, seeing as the first few episodes of season 1 are pilots and don't quite capture (at least for me) what makes it enjoyable.

Ooooh yes...those are excellent ^_^

Batman's Ace

I, too, thought the latest episode wasn't exactly top stuff.

Only my problem was that I started wondering, what in Equestria happened to start the whole loop? There had to be something. I was hoping that at the very least she'd hallucinated the whole thing 'cause she wasn't getting enough sleep. Since there wasn't anything that actually happened, my brain muddle won't go away and the episode is illogical.

Is it me, or is Twilight perpetually on the brink of a mental breakdown?

Oops, I didn't notice this topic until now.

I watched the first season eventually after some friends recommended it, but as I don't even have basic cable at home and have been really busy of late. I haven't seen anymore.

It's a pretty nice show.

I, too, thought the latest episode wasn't exactly top stuff.

Only my problem was that I started wondering, what in Equestria happened to start the whole loop? There had to be something. I was hoping that at the very least she'd hallucinated the whole thing 'cause she wasn't getting enough sleep. Since there wasn't anything that actually happened, my brain muddle won't go away and the episode is illogical.

Is it me, or is Twilight perpetually on the brink of a mental breakdown?

Basically everything in the spoiler is what I feel about that episode

And of course she's not on the brink of mental breakdown, she's just addicted to coffee

Oops, I didn't notice this topic until now.

I watched the first season eventually after some friends recommended it, but as I don't even have basic cable at home and have been really busy of late. I haven't seen anymore.

It's a pretty nice show.

If you want to watch the rest, every episode is on Youtube somewhere. Hasbro puts more into their toy line than their TV shows. They don't seem to care as much as most companies when people post the episodes--if anything, it's given them an insanely large peripheral demographic.

Ok let me first say I'm probably addicted to everything MLP/Brony related. I've proudly shook hands with Ashliegh Ball, Andrea Libman AND Nichole Oliver. So psyched I found this thread on this forum. I've been on other brony forums, but every now and there some R34-ers ruin the fun and I just abandon the thread. (For example, Spitfire use to be my favorite BG pony, but then there was a need to sexualize her as some sort of Wonderbolt Pinup girl in fanart. Killed it for me. I wanted badass Spitfire back) The reason why I love MLPFIM is the very fact that its innocent, and I'll love pretty much any fanon so long as they continue that asexual innocence. Someone else mentioned here how they enjoy shipping so long as its pretty low key, nothing too....in detail. I agree, while I will usually avoid shipping tags most often to play it safe :P

So let me just join this fun:

Favorite: Rainbow Dash

Best: Rarity

Favorite background: LYRA!!!!

Favorite secondary/one shot role: Trixie :3

Fun Facts: Biggest unrelated MLP thread I've ever seen --> There's one that's about to break 2000 pages over on Battlefield 3's Battlelog

LiteralNovice

There was so much testosterone in this episode. I was looking at it thinking "Is this My Little Pony?" Cause it's full of dragons and fiery phoenixes and so on. It was awesome though. It would probably take me a while to formulate an actual opinion, but I would definitely watch it again.

was this shared already in here? I honestly didn't check the whole thread XD

If it was, i beg your pardon and ask to erase it ;)

LiteralNovice

I had to share this after spotting it on Deviantart. It belongs to tigressmin.c1f271d70ccda1cb7f44026d50a938b4-d4e5ubl.png

I like this picture despite the fact that it sort of insinuates that Rainbow Dash's streaks were indicative of her being a lesbian. It's still pretty cool.

was this shared already in here? I honestly didn't check the whole thread XD

If it was, i beg your pardon and ask to erase it ;)

It amuses me to no end that he's trying to find scientific inaccuracies in a show about magical talking horses!

Prince Shadari

PONIES! Ponies ponies ponies ponies ponies ponies ponies ponies ponies... ok I'll stop.

First, start off with introduction things.

Favourite Pony: Octavia over all, Scootaloo for characters with Personality, Rarity for Mane 6.

Favourite Episode: May the Best Pet Win

Best Pony: Twilight Sparkle (Only because my friend has a character in TOR called Twilight Sparkle with the Best Pony Legacy. Otherwise I'd have to argue Rarity.)

Ship Pair: All of them (SHIP ALL THE PONIES!)

Strange Head-canon: Twilight is an unrealized Ace

Role in Pony Community: Occasional Fan-fiction author, artist, aspiring musician.

Name in Pony Community: H.P. Lovecolt

Yay ponies~ I'll definitely keep an eye on this thread.

Side note: I don't remember where I found the picture in my avatar, Probably Ponibooru, and I don't know if the image was posted in here before. Still, I just about choked myself to death laughing when I found it on my computer.

Batman's Ace

It's amazing how much crossover stuff there is...

105036%20-%20Dalek%20doctor_who%20its_magic_I_don%27t_have_to_explain_shit%20pony_vs_dalek%20twilight_sparkle.png

My favorite pony is... Big Macintosh. Of the main cast though I really like Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

... I hate Pinky Pie >> You guys are allowed to resent me for it, but I can't stand her!

LiteralNovice

My favorite pony is... Big Macintosh. Of the main cast though I really like Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

... I hate Pinky Pie >> You guys are allowed to resent me for it, but I can't stand her!

That's cool. Though the one that people will resent you for hating is Fluttershy. Me, I think she's honestly overrated and at a lot of points kind of rude, but saying this in public would earn me a flogging. jk

Prince Shadari

That's cool. Though the one that people will resent you for hating is Fluttershy. Me, I think she's honestly overrated and at a lot of points kind of rude, but saying this in public would earn me a flogging. jk

Don't worry, I don't like Rainbow Dash all that much. Somewhat ironic as I like Scootaloo, but there's something about RD that I don't like. Then there's the fans of RD who also ship her with everything. That story in this thread earlier? The one with Fluttershy? I'd much more be interested in a story with an Asexual Rainbow Dash. Hell, Aromantic even. That'd be fascinating to see someone with her personality come to terms with it as opposed to having the Ace necessarily be some shy recluse who either never really thought about it before, or is never the less comfortable about it.

LiteralNovice

I made this just after seeing the newest episode to beat everyone to the punch.

WoodwindWhistler

I won't hate you, but just to facilitate some understanding, here's what primarily rescued Pinkie Pie for me:

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=luna+studies+pinkie+pie#/d4d14vr

(That, and I at first suspected her of wanting to get revenge on Gilda, only to find out she's such a good-natured soul she proved me very wrong. >.<)

I definitely didn't like her at first, though. D-:

So I just watched the last 2 seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (I watched the first 5 a couple of years ago and never got around to finishing the series), and as great a show as it is (except for that last season...yeesh), it made me realize why I like MLP so much; You just don't have to deal with shit like death, characters leaving and...just bad things happening in general like you do in pretty much any "adult" show. Yay!

Wow...I didn't mean for that to be all one sentence XD

I know someone who hates her too...I don't understand how that's possible though(Although to be fair, I dislike when she shows that she is able to act like a relatively normal pony (à la 'Baby Cakes'). Her regular personality is just so ridiculous I find her 'normal' personality a bit uncomfortable. If that makes sense.)

Batman's Ace

I'm scared of Pinkie Pie. And I dislike Rarity and Rainbow Dash. The latest episode is the first I've seen where Rainbow Dash wasn't grating on me every time she opened her mouth.

I like Big Mac, too!

I made this just after seeing the newest episode to beat everyone to the punch.

What they did there, I see it.

• 3 weeks later...
Princess Flufflebutt

*Zaps back to life with magic*

Archived