My Grey Story

etzy

I'll try to keep this short and sweet, but I have a tendency to ramble.

I'm terribly romantic. "True love" and all that, waiting for The One, etc. And I thought I met him. We were together for 3.5 years, and eventually engaged, so naturally things... progressed. The desire for intimacy couldn't be denied. I thought sex was the answer.

I never told him I didn't like sex; I just assumed I was new to it and would "get used to it." But I felt nothing toward it at all. I neither liked nor disliked it. And he was an overly sexual person, so this was kind of an issue.

We eventually broke up for other reasons, but that's neither here nor there.

It wasn't until recently, when a friend was researching her own asexuality, that it piqued my interest and I read up on it. And I could swear the Grey definition was written just for me.

I'm still a hopeless romantic, and a die-hard cuddle addict. That's my form of intimacy. And maybe one day, I'll find someone that feels the same way. Let's hope, right?

Hey, you know another asexual? That´s cool! So it´s not so impossible to find asexual partner. You´re lucky to have that asexual rl friend. ;)

Well that one in particular is online, but I do have a friend IRL as well. It's kind of cool. I mean, even though we live hours apart and don't talk that often, it's comforting to know a fellow ace in real life.

Archived