What is the difference between sexual and asexual reproduction?

marypiercey

in details?

a male genitalia gets inside a female genitalia and ejects sperm which finds the egg into the female body and then sperm and egg after 9 mines make a baby

:ph34r:

*noms on :cake: while trying to find the differences*

Please tell me in details.....

How detailed? There's a very long aside into haplodiploid sex determination, for example, that could take a while.

I hope I understand what your asking. I have always wanted kids and a family. I didn't grow up with much of one. Maybe thats part of what drove this for me? Sex was and is not an interest, but how else do you have them. I hope that is what your looking for, thats all I have. :cake:

Asexuals simply don't experience sexual attraction. But that doesn't mean that their reproductive systems work any differently. Because that would be weird. But I like what tedie wrote-- asexuals can still have sex for various reasons despite the fact that they don't experience sexual attraction.

Slightly off-topic:

asexual-division2.jpg

Slightly off-topic:

asexual-division2.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: this is brilliant :D

You see, when two people love each other very much... they go to a doctor, and the doctor does some sciency things, and then, nine months later, they have a baby.

In all honesty though, biologically speaking, asexual and sexual reproduction is exactly the same. We do not randomly split in half and grow a new person, we do not get found under cabbage leaves, we do not mysteriously fall from the sky.

If not serious we could get some entertaining answers as evidenced by Caspian.

In seriousness, placental mammals pretty much reproduce the exact same way. Male sperm fertilizes female egg, badabing badaboom, you get a baby!

Now, being able to randomly produce a clone of myself would be extremely cool! I know exactly where I'd send her too! Hehehehe

Sexual reproduction:

You stick male pointy thingy in female hole thingy then rock back and forth for a while ‘til the man’s pointy thingy spits out some white goo. Then wait nine months…

Inside the female hole thingy there’s an egg and for a few days each month that egg gains the ability to become a baby.

I know more details but I prefer to keep it simple.

Asexual reproduction:

What your cells do all the time. See pic:

amoeba-fission-big.jpg

When a parent cell and a parent cell are very much in love, they get certain chemical urges, so they go their separate ways and each split into two cells via mitosis to create a duplicate of themselves.

And then they have a kinky foursome.

:lol: There are some rather funny answers.

Asexual humans can have babies via IVF, sperm/egg donation etc. Of course, infertile sexual couples also have these options as well, but yeah...

Archived