What do heteroromantic and homoromantic mean?

kriptotem

Dont think that i'm blaming anyone. I'm just asking and i wanna know.

I dont understand feeling as homoromantic or heteroromantic if someone is asexual.

If that person not interested in sexual or hormonal stuffs, why can feel herself/himself/ as a man/woman/ and searching for love in a man/woman. Dont the sexual things shows us woman or man? and if we're asexual, why this is that much important? Arent we all just human? Why love should be stuck on genders?

i'm repeating, i'm not blaming anyone. i'm just querying something about life.

Romance isn't always sexual. Romantic & sexual attraction can happen independent of each other. Most, not all, asexuals experience romantic attraction to one or more genders, hence romantic orientations (heteromantic, homoromantic, etc). The one thing all asexuals have in common is that we are not sexually attracted to anyone, not even those we're romantically attracted to (unless you're demisexual or something).

Some of us are gender-blind, and call ourselves pan/omniromantic (like me). Even if someone doesn't feel sexual attraction, they may still feel themselves drawn to desiring an emotional, loving bond with a specific gender. I've never been straight (before I knew about asexuality as an option) or heteroromantic, so I can't speak to it directly, but I do understand that gender matters to a lot of people (not WHY, just that it does).

Also, have some :cake:

In the strictest sense, sexual attraction is "I'm attracted to (person) and I want to sleep with them" while romantic attraction is "I'm attracted to (person) and I want to develop a romantic connection." However, our brains don't always spell these things out so clearly to us (at least my brain doesn't). Sometimes I just know that I'm attracted to someone and I don't know what type of attraction it is.... so I've just decided to call it "attraction" without bothering to figure out what kind of attraction it is.

A heteroromantic is one who experiences romantic attraction to the opposite sex. I'm heteromantic because I experience romantic attraction toward females, I'm also heterosexual since I experience sexual attraction. Because I experience both, I don't bother to distinguish one from the other. However, those who experience one without the other find it helpful to distinguish the two.

Some of us are gender-blind, and call ourselves pan/omniromantic (like me). Even if someone doesn't feel sexual attraction, they may still feel themselves drawn to desiring an emotional, loving bond with a specific gender. I've never been straight (before I knew about asexuality as an option) or heteroromantic, so I can't speak to it directly, but I do understand that gender matters to a lot of people (not WHY, just that it does).

Also, have some :cake:

Oh, i've heard the word "panromantic" before but havent heard "omniromantic". Are they the same?

And i agree with you about the sentence you write "so I can't speak to it directly, but I do understand that gender matters to a lot of people (not WHY, just that it does)." But i want to know why. I'm asking myself why, why, why? But theres no answer. For example if you love a color, you know WHY you love it. But if someone is hetero or homoromantic, does that someone know WHY?

And i want to ask you one more thing. To being a pan/omniromantic, do you feel like a man or woman? If it is not, i guess i am like that.

Even though i look like a woman, i dont feel that way. But it doesnt mean that i feel like a man. I'm just what i am. And if someone wants me to describe it, i tell them i am queergender. I hope i'm not wrong with it.

But i want to know why. I'm asking myself why, why, why? But theres no answer. For example if you love a color, you know WHY you love it.

Really? I'm not sure why I like the color pink. I just do. I thought it was common to like something & not really have a reason for it. You like it because...you like it.

As for why somebody is ___romantic....same reason somebody is ___sexual I guess. That's just how their wiring is.

But i want to know why. I'm asking myself why, why, why? But theres no answer. For example if you love a color, you know WHY you love it.

Really? I'm not sure why I like the color pink. I just do.

Oh, really? Maybe you can read the book "Concerning the Spiritual In Art" from Kandinsky. ;) :cake:

Great Thief Yatagarasu

I'm romantic because I can't control the fact that I fall in love with boys (and, on the rare occasion, girls). I feel romantic love for them, but it's not sexual. That's all there is to it.

Asexual = lack of sexual attraction not lack of romantic feelings , dear :blush:

OP romantic attraction and sexual attraction are 2 different things.

I can't explain it well but romantic seems to be more of an emotional connection while sex is a physical connection.

Also no one can control who they have feelings for or their lack of feelings for (as in aromantic sense not in a psychopathic sense )

Archived