On the Cusp?

Quill Pen Gentleman

Quill Pen Gentleman

In regarding my sexuality, I prefer to think of myself on the cusp of black and gray. Like really dark gray merging into black.

My reasoning for this is that I don't experience sexual attraction towards people, and when I do it only lasts for five seconds or it's very very vague. I am at times sexually attracted to cartoon/anime characters, and this is also infrequent. I also sometimes, on rare ocaisions have a slight longing for sex (usually a female cartoon/anime character).

I know of another AVENite who's like this, and there are probably more, but I was wondering what you would call someone who's on the cusp of gray and black?

I know how you feel. I have no idea what to call myself. I usually end up calling myself "asexual" because, honestly, many "grays" experience sexual attraction orders of magnitude higher than me, giving the gray label a connotation I don't want to associate with since I feel that applying it to myself would be dishonest.

Sometimes I think that I'm just kidding myself by using the gray label. Perhaps I really am an asexual who experienced a hiccup in my levels of sexual attraction a couple years back. And other times, I think I'm kidding myself by aligning myself with grays or asexuals. Sometimes I can't help but think of sexual attraction as Pandora's Box-- no matter how many years have passed since I last experienced sexual attraction, the box can never be closed. In this case, maybe I really am a sexual... perhaps a suppressed sexual?

In other words, I really have no idea what to call myself. The main reason I end up calling myself asexual is because it's a convenient label to use. Of all the labels available, it fits the closest. But I know it's hardly a perfect fit.

And so, I call myself an asexual but try to bring it up as little as possible. I never plan on "coming out" as asexual for this reason. I never disagree with anyone who wants to call me asexual, gray, or sexual, since there's truth in applying any one of these labels to me.

im at around the same place as you. i think about sexualish stuff sometimes, but thats mainly because of the people i hang out with :P also, i feel the physical sensations of arousal, but not very strong. so yeah. i identify as barely grey.

Archived