Do you prefer male or female singers?

corvalis

1. 1. Do you prefer male or female singers?

• Male
    • Female
    • Doesn't matter

I don't know why, but I've always preferred male singers. There are a few female singers that I like, but it's very few.

Radioactive Goat

It really doesn't matter to me, as long as the vocals are decent enough and not terrible.

I don't know whether it's the style, subject matter, or deeper voice, but definitely males. Also, males seem to have "rougher", less "streamlined" voices, which is cool. And the rock/metal scenes are dominated by men.

Male. I myself sound like a mixture of both, but I actually like male voices better.

Some of my favorite artists are women as well, though.

Female singers are okay so long as they're not too whiny or Glee-esque *voms*

I tend to like female singers with unique voices, like Emilie Autumn, Bjork, Lisa Gerrard and Elizabeth Fraser, but I do prefer male voices - particularly, deep, plangent, mournful ones, like those of Peter Steele (RIP) and Ville Valo. Having said that - (though I don't like his band that much) - Lauri Ylönen of The Rasmus has a beautiful voice.

I don't think I have much of a preference xD Thinking of my most played tracks, it's probably roughly split 50/50.

SorryNotSorry

Either one, as long as their voice is good. I can't imagine anyone disliking Julie London's rendition of "Fly Me To The Moon" or Andy Williams' "Where Do I Begin".

Probably the only voice I absolutely don't like is Joey Ramone's. I always thought he sounded like a stereotypical high school stoner (and I think his crush, Maria Bartiromo, looks strangely froglike).

hollowed out feeling

It depends. My favorite singer is male, but I don't mind female singers. I love Lady Gaga and Adele. What I don't like are female rock bands. I dunno why. I mean, I'm not really into rock bands to begin with, but when they're female I just refuse to listen :mellow:

Glaw Scriven

I guess it has more to do with mood, and style of music, as well as whether or not the singer's voice is pleasant to the ear, male or female. I certainly haven't found any male singers who have songs like Vienna Teng's Recessional, for when I've hit a spell of depressed mood. I also don't think there are as many female singers that can pull off a satisfying alto-tenor range belt.

and of course, there are both male and female voices that I can't stand after a while, because they actually give me a headache.

It really depends.

I have a really weird taste in music, I love listening to guys with high pitches xP Sleeping with Sirens<333 And I don't know if you could consider his voice high anymore but I've always been a fan of Never Shout Never :3

When lookin at my collection I see a distinct pattern of Male vocals.

I prefer metall and most metal singers are male, but I do on occasion like to listen to male sopranos and they're amazing.

I usually don't like female voices or rather the way females preform they tend to put too much "Sexy" in their voices, but there are good female singer out there too of course.

• 2 weeks later...

voted for female

I have a soft spot for female artists in general I dont know why but I always like female artists more than males :ph34r:

Used to be obsessed with Celine Dion, then went on to Joni Mitchell. Now I like all sorts including the Divine Comedy, Magnetic Fields, Owl City, and I'm currently going through a big Paul Gross phase, but I tend to like songs rather than artists. Doesn't matter really whether they're male or female, as long as they write good songs :D

Hopefully this hasn't been asked yet...!

Anyway, I like male singers a lot better. Not to say there aren't female singers I like--I think Ofra Haza has an amazing voice, for instance--but I think male voices generally sound considerably more pleasing. Everyone I've talked to about this offline seems to vehemently disagree with me, though :(

I think it depends on what kind of music you are listening to. For example, some of my favorite R&B singers/groups are males, though there are some females that I like. When it comes to rap, there are male rappers that I like and female rappers that I like; but I know it's harder for women to break into the "Rap game" so I probably have more favorite male rappers. I have been listening to much underground music lately, predominantly R&B, Rap and some electronica, and most of those artists that I consider favorites are women. So, I think it depends on the music you are talking about.

I generally prefer male vocals, irrespective of the genre of music that I'm listening to. I can also appreciate female singers, but most of the time my playlist is dominated by male vocalists.

I've noticed the same preference on the rare occasions that I listen to audiobooks. Not sure if there's a correlation here.

I prefer Female singers, but I love Male and Femalie singers alike

It's just that I love music like Enya and music like that is usually done by women..so yeah

Archived