Retiring as Admin

Shockwave

Due to some personal issues that are difficult to explain I will not be able to spend as much time on AVEN as before so I am retiring as administrator. Since Cate Perfect was next in the election poll I have handed the responsibilities to her.

This also means that the two forums she is moderating will need new mods. What is the best way to find a replacement?

Live R Perfect

I'm sorry to hear that you won't be spending so much time here Jeremy. I thought you were doing a grand job as admin - it can be a very tough position to be in at times, I know.

I completely support your decision to hand power over to Cate.

It seems daft, however, to hold an election every time a mod changes. Did any of the nominees from the last election NOT become mods after? If so, then they could take the position if they are willing. Otherwise I am quite happy to volunteer my services, if no-one objects.

Perhaps we should keep a constant list of people who want to be admins and/or mods who spend enough time here to justify it...

then each time someone has to leave, open up a poll for a day or two, and the whole process (theoretically) takes two days from "I need to leave" until "The new moderator(s) will be..."

And liver: I doubt anyone would object (-:รพ you're a cool guy....

Just so nobody worries I'm just busy with other projects right now. I'll still be around, just not contributing as much.

I looked at the polls from before for mods and everyone who was elected already had two forums each--or else I would have just given them the positions and pmed them privately.

I think Karl would be a good mod, myself.

Cate

Live R Perfect
Just so nobody worries I'm just busy with other projects right now. I'll still be around, just not contributing as much.

Oh good! :) I hope one of those projects is Amoebaville :wink::wink:

I will happily support Karl as a mod!

(just adding my 2 cents' worth)

-Greybird

I'm sorry to hear you step down.

Cate/admin, Karl/mod sounds great to me too.

But you's best keep in touch, yo, or I'll have teh Cheat all up ons and after yo' skinny ass. Or something like that :D

Archived