Do any of you women wear men's jeans?

alto

I wear men's jeans just I have to wear a smaller size than I would with women's jeans.

I thought I already commented on this topic, but apparently not. Anyway, no I don't. They'd be too big on me, that they'd droop even if I wore a belt.

I haven't tried yet and really want to. The biggest thing that's keeping me is figuring out how to translate the sizes. I really, REALLY want bigger, REAL pockets. :|

blackwingsblackheart

I recently bought a pair of men's cargo pants on clearance to see how I liked them, since men's clothes are so much cheaper and more durable than women's. The ones that fit my hips/butt are too big in the waist by at least 2 inches, but I can probably live with it, especially if I can dig out my stupid belt from wherever it's hiding. The looser legs felt odd at first, but they're starting to grow on me, and I LOVE the nice deep pockets! I'm going to shop around for jeans as soon as I have some money. I might not be able to wear men's pants to work, since they might not fit well enough for a professional setting, but for everyday, this could very well be a thing.

blackwingsblackheart

I haven't tried yet and really want to. The biggest thing that's keeping me is figuring out how to translate the sizes. I really, REALLY want bigger, REAL pockets. :|

I'm not sure what you mean by translating the sizes. So far as I know (in the US, at least), men's pants are sized by waist and inseam measurements. A pair labeled 34x32 have a 34 inch waist and a 32 inch inseam. So, a woman who had 36" hips would buy men's pants with a 36" waist. I hear you about the pockets. I will never buy a coat from the women's department again, that's for sure!

Women's sizes have only one number attached to them. Men's sizes have two. I'm an 8 in women's, but I guess there's no direct way to convert the way you can with shoes.

I've been wearing men's (well, boys') shorts since I was a teen and my brother slimmed out of his. They've always fit me well. I recently bought men's jeans and dress pants, and I like the look, but wearing them is a bit awkward: because the hips are so narrow, female-bodied people have to buy sizes so the waist size is closer to their hip measurement, and I frequently have to adjust them when I want to take longer strides. It's not a big deal, but it's something you don't run into when your pants are cut for female hips.

Archived