Do any of you women wear men's jeans?

alto

Dear fellow AVENites,

Do any of you women wear men's jeans? If so, do they look good on women? I've seen women wear men's shorts and pull them off well, but was wondering if the same could be done for jeans. If so, how do you convert women's sizes to men's sizes? Or, how do you measure yourself for men's jeans?

If any of you women wear men's jeans, why? I'm just curious, and have nothing against it. It'd be interesting to hear your stories on the topic.

Thanks!

Men's jeans are measured in waist size and inseam in inches (in the US. Maybe in metric elsewhere?). Not sure if you'd have to adjust for women's hips? I guess it might depend on how curvy the woman was. Maybe you could find somewhere to try them on? Many places that sell men's jeans are department stores or have women's sections, too. So you could probably get away with grabbing some jeans from the men's side and taking them to a dressing room closer to the women's department. I doubt most people would take any notice. Especially since lots of women buy clothes for boys/men in their family. You could take along some women's items, too, if need be.

There's a difference??? When I was growing up, my mom made me wear jeans from my sister. :unsure:

Sorry for this off-topic post. You may ignore me now :).

I wear boys' shorts & have been considering switching to men's jeans as well, since it is SO hard to find women's jeans that fit me. Men's jeans are sized by measurement, not an ambiguous "size," so if you know your measurements it will be easy to find your size. The first number is the waist size (inches around the waist), and the second number is the inseam (length). When you measure the waist, I think you go around the hips, not above the hips. Not sure, though. Probably depends on how baggy you want them.

As for why, women's jeans just don't fit me comfortably. If I want circulation in my legs, the pants are going to fall off of my hips. Or the new fad now is for the waist to be really low, and I just don't want to show off my underwear. So next time I buy pants I'm trying men's.

I'm also pear-shaped. Even women's jeans don't fit me right. I have a very small waist, but large hips (and a booty that ma mamma gave me). It's pretty inconvenient. I can't imagine wearing men's jeans. They'd look AWFUL, no doubt.

I wear men's simply because its so easy to find the right size vs some random vanity number the manufacturer makes up.

Plus 29 1/2 inseam is almost nonexistant in womens..

Do they look good? :shrugs: they fit, allow me maneuverability to boulder hop or scramble around in my truck, and allow me to tuck in my shirt without being too tight.

Guess the look is entirely what your opinion is. Try them on and look in the mirror or ask the sales associate (who i've often found to be a woman and doesn't mind helping us shop in the guys half of the store.)

Are they meant to be worn differently as well or is that person preference? I've noticed that I wear mine around my hips where my mum and sister both wear them higher, around their waist. I just know that, as a male, wearing them higher makes it quite uncomfortable, but it seems females can do either.

Sockstealingnome

The closest I've come is boyfriend style jeans but those still aren't cut exactly the same as men's jeans, however, I'm curious to try them. They seem comfier than women's jeans. I'm also a pear shape but on the small side, and I'm starting to find that my thighs are getting bigger than my hips, so women's jeans aren't fitting right anymore.

Nalle Neversure

Oh, yes. I loove men's jeans (female bodytype here, I identify as a girl). :D

They are comfier and look nicer (in my opinion). Plus I like having pockets that are big enough for something. :P Most of the current "fashion" jeans for women don't fit me or I don't like the way they look (and shops only sell what's fashionable... <_< ).

I've only even bought men's jeans that have had measurements in inches so no problem thre. Thre's nothing weird in seeing women in men's section. No cashier has ever blinked when I've paid for my men's jeans, not even if they have seen me coming out from the dressing room with them.

I don't care where my clothes come from as long as I like them. I've received many compliments for my jeans and I proudly tell where I bought them, if asked. :lol:

May I assume that by 'women' you mean 'females'? - (not all biological females consider themselves 'women')...

Anyway, yes - I am female and yes, I very often wear jeans designed for males. I have a skinny, androgynous figure, so much of the time jeans that have been cut for male bodies actually fit me far better than ones cut for female ones. Often when I try and wear the latter, I'm left with surplus fabric around the hips :huh:

I don't wear jeans that much at all actually... when it comes to clothing I just pick what I like, regardless of what gender it is usually associated to. Most of my wardrobe is filled with unisex clothing, generally casual or sportswear. I hardly ever wear feminine things. :P

never odd or even

i'm a mens shorts and (T-)shirts wearer :)

because of my hourglass figure it makes it hard to find clothes that fit that i'm comfortable with full stop. gender does have a role to play in that though..

mens trousers are made to be narrower than womens at the hip, often fitting at the waist instead, despite the hipster fashion. also have looser leg room...

so i've had some trouble fitting mens trousers cause i have a bum that i wasnt even aware of.... apparently my hourglass is from front to back, not side to side! however, its just a question of playing around with different stlyes and measurements till you get it right...

Oh yes, men's jeans ftw. I don't think I've ever even considered wearing women's jeans, since the last time I've looked at them in a store (some ten years ago), they were all meant to be skintight and had sparkles on them. There may be other kinds of women's jeans, but I'm sure I'll never know.

As for how they look... meh. I've never been particularly interested in how my clothes look, and my jeans are no exception. When I was in higher comprehensive, my mother expressed her surprise at my preference, though, since she had thought that only women who "have no ass" like wearing men's jeans. I have something of an hourglass figure, I suppose, and considering how well I've been passing for male (both with and without testosterone treatment), I suppose that loose jeans help me hide that. Or the fact that I've never taken care of my looks at all.

I do have one pair of men's jeans that I kind of consider my "girl jeans", because they're a tighter fit than my other jeans and I feel like they expose my thighs more than the other ones. I stopped wearing them at one time because of this, but now I've started to enjoy the variety.

*sneaks in*

Oddly, I like women's jeans better.

For that matter, some men prefer women's jeans because of their fit. I am not surprised that many women prefer the looser men's jeans.

Anyway, *sneaks away*

*thumbs up* Yup.

I got womens jeans that my mother handed down that fit, but I like wearing mens cargo pants. (I just hate hemming constantly because I'm so short)

DracoBorealis

I do. Mainly because -considering my lack of supermodel figure- 90% of women's jeans have an impossible shape.

If it ain't comfortable, I ain't wearing it. No matter how good it may look.

I have enough problems finding women's jeans small enough to fit me let alone men's jeans. So the answer is no, but that doesn't have much to do with the style between the two.

If it ain't comfortable, I ain't wearing it. No matter how good it may look.

Hear, hear.

I think I'm so reluctant to consider my looks because whenever my mother would dress me up for a party and I said that something feels bad, she'd say, "But it looks good." I still don't get it.

I do. Mainly because -considering my lack of supermodel figure- 90% of women's jeans have an impossible shape.

Oddly enough, my biomale figure fits nearly perfectly into most women's jeans o.O

I would love to wear men's jeans (they're cheaper and are usually made with cotton) but my hips won't let me!

Great Thief Yatagarasu

They feel too baggy to me - they're designed so that a guy can fit ball and a penis in there, so yeah. Too baggy.

AnonymousJedi

Yeah, I wear them sometimes if I can get them to fit right. They fit better sometimes. Manufacturers for men realize that just because they have a large hip size doesn't mean their pants need to go up to their chest! As a plus size gal, I appreciate that. I have getting womens jeans and they go higher and higher up the waist as the size increases. just because I wear a 20 doesn't mean I want them to go up to my tits! I may be soon to to almost exclusively to mens if this skinny tapered leg fad comes back. You know that look that happened back in 1990? Yeah, saw those in the store the other day and wanted to barf. Oh yeah, and others have said, mens dont have vanity sizing! You know your size in mens. I will always be shopping mens tops though, they fit good on me because I have broad shoulders (I fit a mens L or XL and fill the shoulders just right. Girls stuff tends to catch on me half the time) they look better, and are so comfortable!

A sidenote from a bio-male - I dislike typical men's jeans because they are too baggy - I go hiking, mountainbike riding, MANLY things where you don't want a baggy leg to trip you up or get caught in things. The lame thing about women's is their designed-to-rip fabric, so I end up male skinny jeans, which are basically middle-of-the-road.

I do love the giant pockets though. I fit an entire box of chocolates in my pocket once, for a valentine's day thing.

(also, I have nice ass and need to take that into account when getting clothing.)

I've worn men's jeans for a good ol' long time now... I think men's jeans make more sense to me than women's jeans do. Especially the pockets. I don't carry a purse, so I need the pocket space for whatever I'm carrying around...

I recently went on a spree of trying on men's jeans in a department store to see if I could find anything to add to my wardrobe. I am pretty lanky so most of the baggier fits like cargo pants looked straight up ridiculous on me. This is unfortunate because I love cargo pants (pockets!!!) for when I'm working on my bike or active days and the women's ones tend to be composed of cheaper, less durable fabric. Oh well.

Of the men's selection, the best looking pair were men's skinnies. It has just the right fit and were durable and quite maneuverable in. I like the accurate size measuring too- women's jeans sizes cannot be trusted from brand to brand. :wacko:

I wear men's and women's jeans. Generally, womens' jeans have a nicer fit for me but, as they can hug figure, gives me a female shape which (sometimes) I don't want.

Interestingly, the mens' jeans that I tend to choose, such as Cavalli, tend to be visually much more feminine in style than the womens' jeans I opt for which are always plain.

I'm also pear-shaped. Even women's jeans don't fit me right. I have a very small waist, but large hips (and a booty that ma mamma gave me). It's pretty inconvenient. I can't imagine wearing men's jeans. They'd look AWFUL, no doubt.

I'm pear- shaped and fit skinny low- rise men jeans the best. Luckily I have many women's jeans that are the sturdy, button up type (hate zips). I like low- waist, high- hips sort of jeans that are preferably straight legged but can flare slightly.

Most jeans are too long so short men jeans are a blessing. Short women are made for what size 4 women. I'm a size 8 and they don't fit. Hips stick out over the top. Eww.

Archived