PM an AVEN member you've not PM'd before

Interests would be animation, books, music, video games, and webcomics, in descending order from most knowledgeable about, although I can pretty much talk about anything else.

People can PM me if they're looking for awkward conversation about stuff. There is no guarantee that I'll be able to talk about it, though.

List of people willing to be PM'ed, and some of their interests and possible discussion topics:

(Click their name to PM them)

• 4Psychiatrists - Video games (esp. retro, collecting), comic books, horror, animation, F1, sci-fi, general geekery, anything
  • Aloren
  • Anath - Music, anime/manga, video games, books, Doctor Who
  • Averillo Armadillo
  • BamBLERDled - {Warning: "Kind of a bitch", self-proclaimed}
  • Birdwing {20s, American} - Music (esp. rock), civil engineering, architecture, travel, sci-fi, occult, asexual and gray-A Q&A
  • biromanticseniorgal - {Sexagenarian asexual} - Vegan, animals, liberal, atheism, music, psychology
  • CallOfAComa
  • Capt. Reid R. Darkgreen
  • clarity262 - {Young ace}
  • Disco+ - Computers, games, pretty much any hobby that can be self-taught. Does not watch TV or films.
  • Doppel - most things
  • DracoBorealis - Music, gym/fitness, martial arts, canicross, cats & dogs, science, mythology, history, foreign cultures, astronomy/astrophysics, tea
  • EditorofAceNews - Anything except gossip (celebrity or otherwise)
  • Esoteric - Comics, writing, art, gender, motorcycles, music (post rock, alternative, ambient, soundtracks, folk, jazz, etc), real life, anything
  • Faelights
  • FrozenCherry - Dogs, studying, handicrafts, sporting, day hiking, nature, writing, weddings
  • Gambist
  • God's Wolf - Music (especially classical, Celtic, and jazz), wolves, nature, learning
  • Gylfie - New concepts/ideals/philosophies, games, literature, philosophy, astronomy, outdoors, music, art, design
  • Hermione {Australian teenager} - Medicine, politics, steampunk, body mod (especially corsets), 80s metal
  • Kelsea - Marriage, sexual abuse, mental health issues
  • leeleewolf
  • Moon Thief - anything
  • NevadaWolf
  • Overlord Tentakira the II
  • Pastlea7x - Music (esp. metal), console gaming, random conversation, Pokemon, giving opinions & advice
  • Philip027 - {Open book, "rather boring", and ill-versed in the ways of music, TV, movies, pop culture} - Video games
  • PiF - {Ask permission in chat or these forums before PMing or will be put on permanent block}
  • Questionably Sane
  • Qutenkuddly
  • ratherdrinktea - MLP, music, television, politics, religion, animals, pretty much anything
  • Redbeard - Videogame collecting, travel, stereo photography, software engineering
  • ReiZK - Problem solving, positive thinking, math, sci-fi, cupcakes, puzzles, industrial music
  • rowan_tree - Travel, DIY crafts, music (rock, alternative, indie, Celtic, shoegaze, folk), Celtic and world folklore, literature, Otherkin, religion, politics
  • skenasis {Longtime member} - Pokemon, crafts, video games, body modification, TV (not animation or Doctor Who)
  • slippydooz- {In 30s}, anything
  • Soccer Maniac
  • Sorites
  • ~Stephanie
  • Stormharrier - Warhammer 40K, video games (playing or making), reading/writing fiction, anything a bit bizarre or nerdy
  • tantopat - animation (esp. history, adult), Havemercy book series, prog rock, musical theatre, slash fiction, Tron, cross-stitch, fanvids
  • TheLunarAvenger - Software engineering, poi/juggling, creative writing, arena-style video gaming, ANIMU, philosophy
  • Torraed
  • Unitard - Music, sharing experiences, whatever else you want
  • Urban_Sidhe - Anime, costumes, video games, steampunk, discussing random invented scenarios (ie, giraffe apocalypse)
  • vampyremage - Body modification, metal, tabletop roleplaying, pro wrestling, otherkin, gender, anything
  • WhatGhost
  • Wineblood
  • Wozzeck - Classical music, guitars, Pokemon, tea, things not known already (loves to learn)
  • YouAreYummy

*If you don't say something like "I'm open to PMs" I will assume you are just discussing and not add you to the list.

*Mention a few major interests and I'll add them to the list by your name.

---I would add these in myself (from your profile), but I'd rather have you say which things are most important to you.

*If you're the sort who changes your username a lot...I'm not going to keep up with that.

---The link will use the username you post your post with requesting to be PMed.

---The link will still work regardless of what you change it to, since it uses member ID and not username.

*If you want to be removed from the list or change something ever, post here and I'll see it.

-------------------------------

Also...*pokes orange part of own signature* Every post I make has that link in it, so if you ever see me around and feel the urge to PM me, go for it. I always reply. I'm on daily (at the absolute least...usually multiple times a day for at least a few hours each :redface: ). Talk about whatever. Say one word and I will make it into a ridiculous conversation. :)

That's quite the database you're assembling! O.O

{40s Canadian} My favourite topics include: art, anthropology, folklore, martial arts, photography, social commentary, and spirituality (especially paganism).

• Like 1

I'm open to pmming about life, the universe, and everything else, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to be a little more specific. :P

Interests include: music (esp. electronic), some TV and movies, juggling, Star Trek, space, time, life in general, hobbies, travel, anything AVEN-related

What I cannot talk about: Manga or Anime (I dont even know if they are same :lol:, hope that include Pokemon if its not, well I said it now LOL), heavy metal, Dr. Who, gender issues, webcomics, video games, roleplaying, body modification. Geez am I screw? LOL I think this is what almost everybody around likes.

Huh, that's basically all the stuff I do like talking about, except pokemon.

Please add my interests : music, video games, anime, tv, nerdy stuff (science, technology, programming)

test account

So has anyone actually PMed anyone? Speaking for myself, i need to feel i have something particular to say. Because im a surly hermit who hates people :P

test account

What I cannot talk about: Manga or Anime (I dont even know if they are same :lol:, hope that include Pokemon if its not, well I said it now LOL), heavy metal, Dr. Who, gender issues, webcomics, video games, roleplaying, body modification. Geez am I screw? LOL I think this is what almost everybody around likes.

Please add my interests : music, video games, anime, tv, nerdy stuff (science, technology, programming)

I think you two should start PMing as a social experiment--how long can you sustain a conversation where your interests are exactly opposite? They say opposites attract after all......

I think you two should start PMing as a social experiment--how long can you sustain a conversation where your interests are exactly opposite? They say opposites attract after all......

We've talked on skype, it doesn't last that long.

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

errrrrrrrrr... I may lie, but never that much LOL, I can learn about programming if someone want me to talk about it... but not because I pick that as a hobby...

We've talked on skype, it doesn't last that long.

:cake: LOL True! I like science by the way, just saying...

Oh I forgot to add interests!

Digital art, books(any kind but I normally read scf-fi/fantasy and fiction), running(I started last year and would love to talk to any "real" runners!) Audio books, youtube creators/making videos. I am open to talking about anything though and I thrive of learning new things.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't know what to say. Maybe I'd initiate a conversation by PMing someone a photo of my breasts.

PM.....Why not?

I like to talk about anime and manga, music, languages, tv shows, films and less or more nothing else....

The Pixel Monk

Hmmmmmmm...I should probably join just so I interact with people more and quit forgetting to talk to people. Sign me up?

My interests (ripped from my profile and modified):

Reading (Horror [Gothic Fiction, Weird Fiction, Modern Horror], Sci-Fi, and Fantasy predominantly), Writing, Philosophy, Classic Rock, Film/TV (Horror, Sci-fi, Fantasy), Video Games (Strategy and RPGs), Folklore and Mythology, and technically Roleplaying (Play-by-Post and Pen and Paper).

Warning:

I alternate between babbling and making sense. I'm prone to tangents if I don't watch the discussion closely. I don't play by post much anymore, though I always love talking about the hilarious antics that happen in such things. And I tend to be more interested in the fluff of PnP things than playing as I can seldom wrap my mind around making a system work.

--

There. Well, at least there is a list of names, and I don't have to worry about freaking someone out when I randomly PM them or that they stopped talking because of the same reason.

For some reason I'm not getting notifications from this thread and it took off while I was enjoying my three new PM friends. :waves:

I'll add interests in: nature, spirituality (if it jumps to religion I like commenting against that), science fiction, fantasy, outdoorsy stuff, history and archaeology (love love love prehistoric rock art), travel, and um, open to learn about new stuff that you're passionate in!

Yeah I think that works.

I don't mind if anyone wants to PM me. The only thing I'll probably refuse to talk about is History.

Some of my interests include: Harry Potter, video games, psychology, books (fiction), and swimming.

EDIT: Oh, and I hate Math. The only part of math I ever liked was getting a free Sudoku book.

Let's talk! Add me to the PM list! A few of my interests (though I'm open to more) - music, music therapy, birds, travel, animals, books, Christianity. But you can message me about anything.

Everytime I look at this thread, something comes up and diverts my attention from it. I will PM one of you, so beware :P

test account

Everytime I look at this thread, something comes up and diverts my attention from it. I will PM one of you, so beware :P

Everybody lock your doors!! :lol:

Please pick at least one person to PM yourself. Don't just add your name to the list without PMing anyone. The aim is to form a PM community, not a list of people who are ignoring each other.

List of people willing to be PM'ed, and some of their interests and possible discussion topics:

:blink: that is seriously one impressive list on the front page!!

*waves* Haaaaay.

Um. So, the list is going to have to be put on hold for a bit. I'm going through some crap right now (finals, suddenly being forced to move out in 2 weeks with no prior notice) and won't be able to update it soon, so I figure I might as well break it off now while I still have time to let you guys know about it.

I'll still be hanging around AVEN but ignoring the list because I can get on AVEN with my cell phone but I can't type code with it very well.

Sorry, I will get back to it as soon as I can.

Hope you're okay :(