PM an AVEN member you've not PM'd before

Hey people! I'm Tara, a 20 yr old female, would love to get to know new people here :D I'm willing to talk about anything really :D 

• Like 1
On 10/23/2017 at 3:56 PM, Celticdruid said:

Is there a chat room here?

Yup, it can be opened by the arrow in the lower right corner of the screen on a computer. Not sure about mobile.

Also, just sticking my head in the door here again to say hi. I like talking about videogames (wide variety of genres), books (fantasy, sci-fi, and historical fiction especially), making puns, TV (Firefly, West Wing, West World, and Breaking Bad were some of my favorites), science (just about every field), making puns, Aikido, animals, a dash of philosophy, and making puns, among other things. Oh, and I make a lot of puns.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Zectarash said:

Yup, it can be opened by the arrow in the lower right corner of the screen on a computer. Not sure about mobile.

Also, just sticking my head in the door here again to say hi. I like talking about videogames (wide variety of genres), books (fantasy, sci-fi, and historical fiction especially), making puns, TV (Firefly, West Wing, West World, and Breaking Bad were some of my favorites), science (just about every field), making puns, Aikido, animals, a dash of philosophy, and making puns, among other things. Oh, and I make a lot of puns.

thank you....found it on my laptop but not my phone

Happy giraffe

I'm lazy to find the mod on this sub-forum but do peeps want to set up a Slack instance so chatting is easier? 

• Like 1

I like to chat a lot. I'm from England, South East Coast and I'm very into art, illustration and media - though my day job is in frontline medicine and teaching. Chat me up if you like wildlife, animal rights, the paranormal, witchcraft, gaming (mostly action/fantasy/horror rpgs), weight lifting, fitness, horrors, fantasy and sci -fi movies and books or sassing your elders.

• Like 1
On 8/14/2011 at 9:48 PM, slippydooz said:

The title says it all. I was reading in another thread how some of us are hesitant to start a PM conversation to get to know someone new, just because of how awkward it can be. I have been guilty of that myself. So this is a thread for members who are open to receiving PM's.

Post a reply if you want to participate. Just do it, no need to feel weird about it. Also, be sure to send messages and not just receive.

That's it. Have fun! 8)

Hey! I'm totally up for a chat :)

I'm up for all conversations! I'm a 21 year old female from the UK. My passions are history, animals (especially rabbits), walking, painting (terribly) and just enjoying the simple things in life. I can't promise instant replies and it may take a day to reply but I'd love to make some online friends :)

• Like 1
paperbackreader

*small wave* Hello AVEN... 

I'm based in the UK though I'm originally from the far east. 

I often joke that I am a child of globalization. Close friends in 6 / 7 continents, and family in 4.

I speak 2 dialects + 2 languages, and have a touristy working knowledge of 3 others in varying degrees of success. 

I'm bad at keeping time between messages because I do get really busy at work, but get me on a spiel and I will just 'go off on one'... 

I'm interested in most 'practical' subjects (physics, psychology, sociology, morality, languages, law, architecture, social enterprises, futurism, technology, net neutrality, policy, making things, good governance, nature, ecology, interesting food, coding, design, engineering, maths, material science, DIY,...), some whimsy (philosophy, economics, art, surrealism) and a lot of hobbies (travelling, making music, photography, making art, puzzles, 3D modelling / prototyping, gardening, cooking, building things, making websites, designing systems). 

My sense of boundaries may sometimes appear strange to other people. 

I'm very open minded about most things, and try hard to accept everyone's point of view as being as valid as my own. 

I enjoy finding out about how other people think and live their lives, and relating it back to my experiences. 

In my spare time I have reached out to people from other countries that don't speak English; but also racists, homophobes, suicidal people, sexual deviants,... in an effort to try and better understand different peoples' worlds / points of view.

I often think how interesting it would be to meet Hitler - because those views are so alien to me and I would like to have a better understanding of how he came to hold views that allowed him to tear apart so many lives and families and greatly alter the course of history. 

It also amuses me to understand what assumptions people make about other people (and myself), and the reasons for those.

I enjoy thought experiments. 

I mention potentially being slow to respond from time to time, my tendency to over-elaborate on certain things, and issues around boundaries earlier. Other things I may be bad at : directing, judging on a call when to speak, conformity, understanding some types of emotions (e.g. jealousy, 'tribal' behaviour, e.g. supporting a particular team in sports), not getting angry at unapologetic, deliberate, blatant selfishness - though I'm very forgiving if it arises out of ignorance. I may sometimes come across as being aloof / inappropriate / uncaring. I like it when people point it out to me because most of the time I genuinely don't know (I think I'm on the spectrum but I am undiagnosed). 

Some other plus points besides open-mindedness : I'm honest, I work best when you're direct and tell me exactly what you think / want and I will reciprocate with the same respect and acceptance. (It is really hard for other people to insult me. No, this is not a challenge) 

So...

Anyone that has read to the end of this windy spiel and is willing to practice my really bad Spanish with me, or wanting a mental sparring partner or new acquaintance / friend / buddy on the terms above, you are more than welcome to PM me! 

• Like 3

Hello there! My name is Tom I’m 33 from Yorkshire in England. I’m new to this site and it seems I have a lot of reading and thinking to do!

My interests are Going to the cinema, watching tv love comedy and crime drama’s, bowling, football and most of all DOGS! 

Happy to receive messages and talk to others. Hope to hear from you soon x

• Like 2
On 13/11/2017 at 10:39 PM, Nattie_Rivers said:

I'm up for all conversations! I'm a 21 year old female from the UK. My passions are history, animals (especially rabbits), walking, painting (terribly) and just enjoying the simple things in life. I can't promise instant replies and it may take a day to reply but I'd love to make some online friends :)

Have you got any paintings online? 

MostliiGhostii

Open to PMs

Glad to recieve from anyone! I love deep conversations and connecting. Love to learn as well<3

some interests:

-Superheros (doctor strange, captain america, etc)

-Nature

-philosophy

-psychology

-zodiacs

-history

-talking about sexualities/ romantic identities

-talking about gender

-and much more

• Like 1

Looking to meet more people, so feel free to send me a PM!

A sampling of what I like:

- Science

- Wildlife

- Outdoor activities (Hiking, kayaking, camping, etc.)

- Animated shows (Voltron, Star vs, Bojack, MLP, etc.)

- Movies (Pretty much all genres except for horror.) 

- Star Wars

- Reading (Cheesy YA novels are my weakness...) 

• Like 2

I really need some ace friends! Feel free to pm me

I'm interested in:

- Music (pop-punk, indie, rock, alternative... Some of my favourite bands are the likes of Pvris, (Old school) Paramore, Tonight Alive, Catfish and the Bottlemen, etc.)

- Sports (predominantly football/soccer)

- Science (everything from biology to psychology, I enjoy learning new things)

- Tv (British comedies, Rupaul's Drag Race, Archer, Marvel...)

- Films (I don't watch them as often as I should, so I'm looking for recommendations)

- Life generally; I'm happy to learn about whatever is going on in life.

• Like 3
WeCanBeHeroes

Hi all,

I'm also new, so just finding my feet!

I'm early thirties in the London area. Have loads of odd hobbies that I pick up and put down depending on my mood at the time;

drawing

guitar (fairly amateur)

sewing/knitting

paper crafts - origami, quilling etc.

love music - pretty much anything - if I had to choose one, it'd be rock,

TV/film/cinema - classic British comedy to sci-fi, horror, documentaries

Reading - massive Stephen King fan, but will give try anything -just  started the series by Benedict Jacka - that's not too bad. Have a few too many on the go at the minute.

Always open to recommendations for new things to try so feel free to pm, 

• Like 1
AceTrainerTiny

I'm totally up for a talk! I really want to find some ace friends to talk to 

I'll talk about just about anything, so long as it isn't sexual in nature, well as far as I know. Feel free to try me

• Like 1

I'm up for a talk with anybody, about any subject. Warning: I like memes and puns quite a lot.

For people looking for people to talk to about specific interests, my interests / common activities are:

- Travel (I love going to places I've never been to!)

- Memes

- Video games (I study Game Development :D)

- Thinking about life in general

- Languages

• Like 2
Chaotic_Kitten

PM if you would like. I am 32 yr old Grey-A Female, married to a sexual male. I would be happy to encourage or answer any questions you may have.  I would be happy to talk about anything. 

• Like 1

Can I be added to the list? I would love to speak to others that feel the same way that I do! Thank you!

heartsandbones

Hi, I'd be open to chat with anyone, although replies may be sporadic. I'm a 20-something living in BC, Canada. I've dipped my toe into lots of different crafty projects, from basic wood working to painting/drawing. Like music, mostly classic rock. Sci-fi and fantasy books/movies. Mostly books. Anything to do with the outdoors and nature.   

• Like 1

Been lurking here. Given this is a subject (asexuality) that no one I know actually understands, I could definitely use some people to talk to in general who are nonjudgmental. I'm a 31 y/o, ace biromantic female. I promise I'm pretty chill/easygoing, so don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you want someone to chat with about whatever (as long as it's not sexual, although talking about asexuality is totally fine, obviously). I always respond to people if I'm around. I have Skype or can use another communication medium if preferable. Some of my interests include the following:

• Video games: I've been gaming since I was three years old. My preferred genres include RPGs (e.g., Bioware's games and some JRPGs), survival horror, 4X strategy, FPS (although I prefer horror-FPS games as opposed to stuff like CoD), and other types of strategy games. If it's Star Wars, I've probably played it, too. I occasionally play MMOs as well.
  • Sci-fi: Always willing to look at new sci-fi shows/novels. Star Wars, BSG, and Star Trek are among my favorites in the film department.
  • Reading: As noted above, I enjoy reading science fiction and not just watching it. I also read many other materials, including fiction and non-fiction. I enjoy getting new reading suggestions. Dune is up next on my list.
  • Movies: Aside from Star Wars and science fiction, I also like horror films and classic films.
  • Working out: I'm not hardcore, but I try to stay in shape and enjoy trading tips in this area. Jogging is one of my favorite activities.
  • Tech: I'm in graduate school and on track to finish my second master's degree (software engineering), so I geek out over discussing programming and other tech subjects in general.
  • Animals: I like all animals, but I have a preference for cats and dogs and have several rescues.
  • Writing: I enjoy writing fiction, although I doubt I'll ever publish anything. It's just a hobby.
  • Music: 80s rock or punk all the way. That said, I like many different genres.
  • Cooking: I'm a horrible cook, but I'm trying to improve in this area. Haha.
  • Like 1

Hello, I’m open to chat about mostly anything really. 

Interests: 

-music 

-art 

-books

-fencing (the sport) 

-MBTI 

-enneagram 

-life 

-asexual topics 

have a a good day! :cake:

• Like 1

I'm also open for PM!

I enjoy having talks about everything and anything :)

My interests are horses, fantasy books, japanese animation movies, music and singing and playing instruments, writing, animals, traveling... but feel free to talk to me about anything you find interesting!!

• Like 1
On 11/16/2017 at 7:00 PM, paperbackreader said:

finding out about how other people think and live their lives, and relating it back to my experiences. 

In my spare time I have reached out to people from other countries that don't speak English; but also racists, homophobes, suicidal people, sexual deviants,... in an effort to try and better understand different peoples' worlds / points of view.

DUDE YAS I’m still kinda new and I am figuring out the PM thing and I’m using the mobile too but I would love a convo on this subject.

• Like 1