Register your interest here!

This thread is for people to express an interest in coming to Worldpride 2012. No actual commitments yet. If you might come or just wish to register your interest in coming, please make a post to this thread.

Here is the interested list so far (though it doesn't necessarily mean attending). (110)

• * ~Alcyone~
    * +Archetype-and-Larien=Scum
    * ageofavalon
    * AKCrystal
    * alexattacks (Australia)
    * Amara_Rose
    * Antihero (USA)
    * A Procrastinating Writer
    * Arca nine Huggles
    * Aylin Elionwy
    * Ayruen (Germany)
    * Azaph
    * BelleSG (Belgium)
    * beyondweird
    * bookwyrnkc (USA)
    * borrowedTime (Belgium)
    * BrassHelix
    * Bristrek
    * Cadi
    * Carmilla DeWinter (Germany)
    * Carried in Bags
    * Cazz333
    * Chrism
    * Cleander (USA)
    * coloratura (USA)
    * cometa
    * Coopchick (USA)
    * Cyrix
    * DarkHorse (France)
    * DexM
    * Disco+
    * Doppel (Australia)
    * Dpade1337 (US)
    * Eamonn (Republic of Ireland)
    * Emilie (Latvia)
    * emsana
    * ExeCUTE
    * Faelights (Canada)
    * Favonus (Norway)
    * FenrisWolf
    * GeekGirl
    * GeekGothHybrid
    * Ginni
    * GreyAdvent (Scotland)
    * GreyAngel
    * Henrik (Finland)
    * Henshin
    * Herr Joseph von Löthing
    * Hexagon
    * HollyF
    * Hugger
    * Ily (USA)
    * Indica
    * ithaca (Italy)
    * Jicragg
    * JJButterworth (Canada)
    * Juniper Tree
    * Kai-Lukas (USA)
    * Kairos Eleos
    * killer-jumper
    * Larien (US)
    * Leit Að Lífi (Wales)
    * LilyT
    * loopytheone
    * lovelyangel (USA)
    * Lycanthrope (Sweden)
    * Merixcil
    * michaeld (+sister)
    * Mikan
    * Mimzee (USA)
    * Mirai19
    * *Moon*
    * Ms Chocolate M. Pie (Canada)
    * Mylittlehazmat (Canada)
    * Neru-tan
    * never odd or even (Ireland)
    * nickbob00 (+friend)
    * NigelFt
    * Ninny
    * Nleseul (USA)
    * noysoffer
    * Nymzie (USA)
    * out_of_step (Wales)
    * Oxalis
    * Pandoren
    * Parley (Sweden)
    * peiagh erbee
    * Poppaea Holmes
    * presoaketxerat
    * rach24
    * RandomDent
    * Rolo
    * rowan_tree (USA)
    * seshat
    * shadowravenwings (USA)
    * Small_Face
    * Spelevinken (Sweden)
    * Squiddable (Australia)
    * Strivna (USA)
    * Suicune❄ (USA)
    * Tadpole Almighty (USA)
    * tanafluk
    * Tankred (Germany)
    * TheOnlyOne2
    * TheSMMG
    * Tigoness (+friend)
    * Trava u doma
    * Urban_Sidhe (USA)
    * Vorpal Bunny (Canada)
    * Wineblood (Belgium)
    * Womble
    * Yolly
    * Zanzibel

Edited by Vorpal Bunny
Updated-ish
  • 1 month later...

I do not usually attend Pride-themed events, but this seems like a fun thing. However, as a member of the lost generation with practically zero chance of gaining employment, it will be highly unlikely that I would be able to secure the necessary funds to participate.

JJButterworth

As with Henrik money would be an issue but I will try to get something together. I would peg my chances about 5 percent right now. Negative factors include: money, not being thrilled about being on a plane for 8 hours and, World Pride is coming to Toronto (my home town) in 2014. Positive factors include: it would be awesome (even beter than Toronto Pride last weekend) and, I have always wanted to go to London. I will try best to get there but I am realstic about it. I will comfirm by April.

Great stuff people! Yes I know committing so far in advance is difficult.

It would be great to make this a world meeting however. If many people are going to come from afar it would be great to hold other events in the surrounding days. But this depends on getting enough interest!

carried in bags

put me down for this...and i won't turn up late this time!

No question about it, I'm gonna be there by any means & will do all I can to help. So that's a great big YES! :-D

put me down for this...and i won't turn up late this time!

Yessss :D

No question about it, I'm gonna be there by any means & will do all I can to help. So that's a great big YES! :-D

Awesome!! *adds to list*

My name doesn't appear to be on the interested list.

You'll need to rectify that, michaeld.

My name doesn't appear to be on the interested list.

You'll need to rectify that, michaeld.

That sounded like an order. What makes you think you're welcome??

Oh all right, just this once...

RandomDent

You forgot me! I'm going!!!

You forgot me! I'm going!!!

Sorry. We're FULL!

Oh, my fingers must have slipped; they appear to be adding you to the list anyway...

Oh, you're full :(

Yeah, but we'll gladly make an exception just for you, Tan ...

Alas, I expect to have neither the time nor the money to trek halfway across the globe for this, as much as I would like to.

However, I would totally be up for helping to put together visibility/promotional stuff like flyers, stickers, pins, etc.

I am an international minor, so I don't think I'll be able to come. I'll ask my parents, but I do not think they'll like the idea too much. I wish ! could though, and send my wished to those that are going!

Alas, that's understandable. A shame too, but understandable.

You can still help out though, come up with ideas, point out things you think are a bit wonky or something.

It would mean the world to me to contribute to visibility in a such a big & fun way. I'd love to meet aces from all over the world too. I'll try my best to plan my trip to London & be a part of this. Looking forward to it! :cake:

*rolls around*

I sorta want to come, if only to meet lots and lots of people... but finances... >_<;;;

Perhaps I could convince my parents to make a trip of it as well, so I feel less pressured to justify it. >_>;;;

I don't know... is there a "vaguely interested" list anywhere?

I'll do my darnedest to come! Somehow the money/time issues will work themselves out in a year, surely.

Guest member31022

I will try my very hardest to be there, and hopefully I won't have my final exams then! I'd offer housespace, but I think certain housemates might murder me, sorry. If anyone's desperate near the time though, I could try :)

I will try my very hardest to be there, and hopefully I won't have my final exams then! I'd offer housespace, but I think certain housemates might murder me, sorry. If anyone's desperate near the time though, I could try :)

Cool!

Er, surely Oxford exams finish before 7 July? I was at the 'other place' as an undergrad and I'm fairly sure we'd always finished and got results by the end of June. It could be different.

Guest member31022

Cool!

Er, surely Oxford exams finish before 7 July? I was at the 'other place' as an undergrad and I'm fairly sure we'd always finished and got results by the end of June. It could be different.

It depends - term finishes at the end of June, and some subjects have exams in 5th week, but others have them after term (9th/10th week) and I'm not sure when mine are.

JJButterworth

I think that I can really do this I am looking at about $1500 for the flight, and that is something that I can do even if it means that I won't get season tickets for the Jays in 2012, now the only thing is accomodations and I'll be set.

I think that I can really do this I am looking at about $1500 for the flight, and that is something that I can do even if it means that I won't get season tickets for the Jays in 2012, now the only thing is accomodations and I'll be set.

Awesome!

I think accommodation is something we should be able to handle. Hopefully enough people will be able to offer beds for a couple of nights at least.

Slightly off-topic, but...How feasible would it be to live and work in London from June to September 2012? There seems to be a lot going on in London next year, but I'll just have graduated from high school in the US and would be on my way to uni in Germany. If I were to work I should be able to afford living there, but I'll still be a few months shy of my 18th birthday :( I do have German and American citizenship though.

If that has a chance of working out, I'll be there!

Herr Joseph von Löthing

If you have German citizenship, it shouldn't be too hard. The problem is not being 18. If you could find someone willing to let you live with them, it could be workable, providing you can find a well paying job.

If you have German citizenship, it shouldn't be too hard. The problem is not being 18. If you could find someone willing to let you live with them, it could be workable, providing you can find a well paying job.

Can't I live by myself with 17?? My ID needs to grow up... (that didn't sound quite as strange in my head, but I'll leave it)

Would a flatshare work, do you think?

And...on-topic: I don't have anything really useful to add, but the twirling-flag-thin in the SF parade was cool- that should be done again. :)

AkiraCoinTykiGotBetaMuffin

Hmm well I will actually be living in London for the entire year this year, so I might come and watch you all, I expect a good show, what what.

Hmm well I will actually be living in London for the entire year this year, so I might come and watch you all, I expect a good show, what what.

Cool - but why not come march!?