The Cuddle Urge

crazysally

I personally love having cuddle dreams, they are the best. And I also get the urge to cuddle and have cuddle fantasies especially about my friends, mostly I've cuddled with them before and usually I'm with them or they are nearby when I'm having the cuddle fantasy, but sometimes it just doesn't work out when I try to initiate cuddling and plus I feel embarrassed about it so usually I just suffer. It's sort of depressing after having two good cuddle buddies and now not having anyone, my remedy is my cat, because pillows just make me so depressed lol.

Aww, losing cuddle buddies is a very serious matter for us cuddle whores. Especially, as I think some people just give the best cuddles, So you would also be losing a highly-skilled, dedicated cuddle professional with hugs after their name, maybe even a Professor of tactility....Yay :)

Oh Wow, the first time I have heard of cuddle fantasies, sounds rather cute and endearing, have you a name for them?

I think they ought to sell hugs at the supermarket. As long as they're environmentally friendly and are ethically sourced from locally sustainable Cuddle resources or are fair-trade hugs.

I think there needs to be a support group for us cuddle whores, as our condition is so serious that we need treatment several hours a day.

There are times that pets, pillows, and other squishy things just do not cut it.

I think there needs to be a support group for us cuddle whores, as our condition is so serious that we need treatment several hours a day.

There are times that pets, pillows, and other squishy things just do not cut it.

Or even our own super-hero....... Cuddleman or The Incredible Hug :)

The worst is when you're in bed at night, far away from your SO, and you feel that physical urge to touch them.

I can certainly vouch for just how painful that can be ...

Me too..

me three

me four... -_-

I like cuddling, but for me it's still (and probably will always be) the family/close friend cuddling. and it's not really cuddling like 'spooning'. I love to just rest my self/head on others, like if I'm sitting on the couch with any family member I want to rest my head on them (usually their lap or shoulder). I seek reafermation of their love of me I guess, since I didn't get that much possitive cuddling from my mom, so I constantly need it reaffermed that people care about me.

I would like cuddling to be a greeting because it is so much many comfortable to talk to a person after something like that. I cuddle my mom every day when I can.

I do love to cuddle.

If I actually get the chance to hang out with one of my super close friends, I will cuddle with them and they actually like it too. Otherwise, I have an extra pillow just for cuddles.

I love cuddles, though I don't get them too often. Like others here, I keep a pillow in bed to cuddle. This sounds sad... but I pretend it's a person.

I have one delightful friend who takes the initiative in these things, giving us all cuddles whenever she visits. I've tried to copy her a few times, but I lack her courage.

• 2 weeks later...

I totally have this.

I'm incredibly affectionate with my friends and my family. Some of my friends are used my sporadic hugging, some really dislike it so I don't hug them much at all, and I think a few are indifferent. But I don't want to ward them off, especially the ones who really feel uncomfortable with it, so I don't act on it as much as I would like to. 

I hug my mom a lot, and if we're watching tv together, I'm almost always laying my head on her lap. Besides her, I basically just hug my family a lot.

On a side note, I can't sleep well without cuddling some sort of stuffed animal. (I always thought it was kind of funny, but now it makes perfect sense. Cuddle urges = stuffed animal love.)

I quite often feel the need to be in physical contact with people!

It's good with my friends, who are used to my cuddling, as well as my mum.

Though weirdly enough, I have to be able to escape the cuddle when I need to. I hate being held tightly or squished. Is this odd?

Doctorshernatural

Yes, I love to cuddle as well but only with my friends. I am so addicted to touching others but I always sure that they are comfortable with my close proximity.

• 1 month later...

Now that the school year is coming to a close and the sea of term papers looks ever larger (repeat after me: it's almost over... it's almost over), every time I stop working on one of them to make sure I don't drown, I have a severe need for cuddles...

To all the fellow students out there, don't give up yet! And find someone to cuddle with... it'll make the cold finals feel better.

I always get the cuddle urge-sometimes its just random, others its with seeing a good friends facebook status saying that theyre sad, or thinking about spending time with a friend.

I get the urge to cuddle all the time. I usually go find my mom or dog when it comes up. I also have a bunch of huggable stuffed animals that comfort me when the two of them aren't available. My favorite is a huge blue bunny rabbit that my parents gave me. I wish that I had more human cuddling partners.

The Incredible Hug! LOL :D

I want that on a T-shirt

The Incredible Hug! LOL :D

I want that on a T-shirt

Lol, thinking about it, that is so you!

I guess it would have made a good secret santa pressie for next week's meet, but I've already bought one ;)

forcecuddles.jpg

OMG AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA yes this!!! EXACTLY!!!!! :lol:

*AHEM* On a side note, I don't normally cuddle just anyone. I cuddle close friends and family. I know with my brother and mom the cuddle urge rises and I. Just. Can't. Help. It!! And then I cuddle pounce them. ^_^ I enjoy the really long hugs I have with my mom. My brother and I sometimes walk around with our arms plastered over each other. Best. Feeling. EVEERRR~~~~

AVEN CUDDLE PARTy! :D

highres_6797141.jpeg.jpg

err, maybe not.

We must all be animagi with the ability to transform into cats in order for that to be in any way cute.

128681325057974482.jpg

• 1 month later...

I get them a lot. It's horrible that I don't have anyone to cuddle with, usually I just hug my bear or pillow but it's not the same :(

so-much-random

I do get that urge as of late, but only at night, when I'm lying in bed. It takes me so long to fall asleep and I'm friggin cold.

It's likely because I haven't been cuddled in years, now that I think about it. I need to find someone to hold me for like 15 minutes, and then I'll be okay for another year or so.

I want a cuddle right now!

I spent the day with my best friend, got plenty of cuddles, yay. My other friends seem to think we look cute together, there are way too many pictures of us cuddling eachother. I dont mind though, I think we would make a cute couple :wub:

That's too cute :)

So I'll do the d'awwwww!!! thing lol

but what is it with so many people loving their best friend? I'm one of the few people who doesn't love their best friend...

What an interesting thread. I've really enjoyed reading through it.

I can't say that I've ever cuddled anyone. Not even close, in fact. It's still something I have longings for quite often. I often wonder how it would feel to have someone I care about as physically close as that. I imagine it would be wonderful. I'm kind of worried I wouldn't know what to do if the chance ever comes... :unsure:

my_name_is_coco

I love cuddling...the best for me.the affectionate and intimate gestures still rules for me,always makes me feel warm and appreciated.

Kathy The Highlighter

From time to time I get a feeling where I just really want to be held by someone and be close to them, though I've found I really prefer cuddling to be with someone I have some sort of romantic interest in or attraction to... to me it feels intimate in a way that's beyond just friendship, and I can feel a little bit uncomfortable being really cuddly with someone else if I don't have those sort of feelings for them. I do love hugs, though, and I don't at all mind squeezing into small spaces with lots of people, because it seems kind of different when it's just a big pile of people all kind of cuddled together on one couch as opposed to just two people alone, which seems to be something that could be a little more on the romantic side of things. :P

Touchofinsight

From time to time I get a feeling where I just really want to be held by someone and be close to them, though I've found I really prefer cuddling to be with someone I have some sort of romantic interest in or attraction to... to me it feels intimate in a way that's beyond just friendship, and I can feel a little bit uncomfortable being really cuddly with someone else if I don't have those sort of feelings for them. I do love hugs, though, and I don't at all mind squeezing into small spaces with lots of people, because it seems kind of different when it's just a big pile of people all kind of cuddled together on one couch as opposed to just two people alone, which seems to be something that could be a little more on the romantic side of things. :P

This I definitely agree with, I get the cuddle urge all the time, its an intimacy thing. There is just something incredibly peaceful about it.

The cuddle urge is back again, I was chatting with my friend on Facebook, and now she has gone to bed. I am feeling lonely and I miss her, even though we talk every night.

I'll put it this way, sometimes I wonder if my cuddle drive replaced my sex drive. I'm not boy crazy or anything, but it's become fairly common to just want to glomp someone (usually guys for some reason) if they're adorable enough. They don't even have to be that adorable for it to happen though. Just being admirable or a woobie is enough. It doesn't really act up undirected though, unless it's right after a certain acitivity :ph34r:

Archived