The Cuddle Urge

crazysally

Yep, I get cuddle cravings too. My mum is usually the victim of my need to satisfy this urge. But ideally, I most enjoy hugs from guys who are physically larger than me and who I trust and feel comfortable around.

Lately I've been getting the strongest urges for hugs with my best guy friend (totally platonic), but I very rarely act upon this because he's inclined to suggest that his girlfriend wouldn't be too happy about that. They're very protective of each other and I've noticed he's quite guarded about expressing any affection for me. It does annoy me a bit sometimes, but generally I'm ok with it.

I get this all the time.

I've tried giving bear hugs, when opportunity arises (some of my cousins are now a bit gingerly around me). I hug the dog. Really bad nights I sleep with an enormous teddy bear.

Unfortunately, really satisfying human contact for the most part eludes me. I have to be kind of careful around my main guyfriend (okay, basically, he's my only friend within ten years of me) because he's sexual, and I don't want to suggest anything to him.

I most enjoy hugs from guys who are physically larger than me and who I trust and feel comfortable around.

People look at me weird when I say that, but I feel the same way. That's just a really small group of people. *sigh*

Eh, might as well throw me into the pile, because I get the same way. I'll have the distinct feeling of wanting to hug or cuddle every once and awhile, and for some reason it has appeared a lot recently. No idea why, and that's all it is, a desire to hug or cuddle.

Though I'm kind of uncomfortable with the idea of doing so with people I'm not familiar with. I'd rather snuggle up to my SO than just any random person.

I remember how gratifying that used to feel when I hugged or snuggled up to my SO, like nothing in the world could go wrong right then in that moment. It's one of the aspects of a close relationship I miss.

I get this all the time.

I've tried giving bear hugs, when opportunity arises (some of my cousins are now a bit gingerly around me). I hug the dog. Really bad nights I sleep with an enormous teddy bear.

Unfortunately, really satisfying human contact for the most part eludes me. I have to be kind of careful around my main guyfriend (okay, basically, he's my only friend within ten years of me) because he's sexual, and I don't want to suggest anything to him.

I most enjoy hugs from guys who are physically larger than me and who I trust and feel comfortable around.

People look at me weird when I say that, but I feel the same way. That's just a really small group of people. *sigh*

Oh man me too. Unfortunately there aren't very many that I have managed to mentally designate as "safe"... IMO if you haven't been 100% upfront about your asexuality it has the potential to get extremely awkward. There aren't many people I trust enough to get good solid hugs/snuggles from, and none of them live on the right side of the country at the moment :( So it's just me and my little fluffy dog.

Hugs! I love hugs so much. And I do get the urge to randomly cuddle people, but usually my siblings/mum/pillow/best mates are the recipients of my cuddle urges. Mind you, I'm a fairly physical person anyway. For the past several years I have been greeting friends by literally running at them and glomping them. It's become something of an in-joke about how one day I'm going to glomp the wrong person or knock someone over :lol:

It's become something of an in-joke about how one day I'm going to glomp the wrong person or knock someone over :lol:

A friend of mine nearly tackled me with a hug when I graduated. Wasn't me that initiated it, though... that'd be too out of character...

Of course, I got to put up with "Ooh! Drurowin has a girlfriend!" for the rest of the day...

YES!!! I drive my brother and sister crazy because I have the urge to hug attack them or cuddle. And since I've known them since they were born, its no big deal to fulfill my urges even if they shrug me off. I dont take it to heart. But its different with other people and thats where I understand where you're coming from. Sometimes, I wish that I had someone to cuddle with at night. I wouldnt want to have sex. But it would be nice to have a physical relationship with a few more people (who werent related to me) that wasnt sexual.

Frederika Berncastel

I really like to give and receive hugs :D. It's a pity that most of the time I only give hugs. I mean I do enjoy it, but I want to hug me also. Maybe they are scared of my height (Iam 1,85 cm) :/.

I give hugs once or twice a day to a small group of very close friends. I'm like clockwork.

I want to cuddle my boyfriend, that's about it. Even then, sometimes it's like DON'T TOUCH ME DON'T TOUCH ME DON'T TOUCH ME.

However, at almost 1000 KM away, my once in awhile cuddle urges are satisfied with being squashed by blankets.

I have the cuddle urge on occasion, mostly when I'm sad and lonely. And then at other times, I just don't want people to touch me. 'tis odd.

abandoned account

I never got that urge until I moved out by myself, luckily they're easily cured by my super-squishy life-size Turtwig doll. :D (For those who can't imagine a life-size Turtwig, it's about the size of a small dog)

Huge picture spoilered

Pokemon_Turtwig_Cuddle_Pillow_2.jpg

Aww... Mirror Kirby, that Turtwig is CUTE!

/offtopic lol

Anyway, I'm not really much of a touchy-feely person. Neither are my closest friends. But sometimes, I do get those urges as well. That's why I cuddle with my body pillow or one of my stuffed animals.

And recently... I'm almost afraid to admit this... but I've kinda gotten those cuddle-fantasies a couple of you have mentioned, with my best male friend. Which sucks because, while I'm pretty sure he'd understand it (at least somewhat), he is still sexual. And married. And his wife is JEALOUS of me already, just because he and I work together and talk about work a bunch. Plus, hugging a guy is kinda awkward for me, even though I trust my friend completely. There's still that... sexual side, I guess... that I can't ever be absolutely sure about.

I hope he doesn't read this... that would be a bit embarrassing to have to explain to him... Maybe I should just, like, not post this or something.

When it comes to cuddles, I feel like our cat Nina. Sometimes I approach her and want to touch her and she just can't decide if she'll enjoy it or not. Sometimes, she lets me to touch her a little and then escapes. Sometimes she runs aways first and then comes back, looking interested.

It's the same for me. Sometimes I'm afraid of hugs. But sometimes I feel the urge too. I hug stuffed animals, I hug cats and I very rarely hug very close friends. The last case is very rare, but also very warm and enjoyable.

I never thought of myself as much of a cuddly person.... but lately, I've been catching myself stroking my arm. I don't know how long I've been doing this, since I just noticed....

Maybe I need a squishy animal like Kirby :).

Sometimes I wish I was in a relationship solely for the cuddles.

^That.^

PotatoHeadLeah

I feel this way every month or so, but I'm lucky cause I'm still really close with my ex and he hasn't dated anyone since me, and every now and then I cuddle with him for a while until he falls asleep. He's really sweet about it and doesn't expect anything more.

Sometimes I wish I was in a relationship solely for the cuddles.

^That.^

Seconded.

And thirded. Although I'm not always in a cuddling or even touchy-feely mood. But it would be nice to have someone to cuddle with when I want to.

i have a guy friend and we're apparently "cuddle buddies." one of our other friends decided that it's the asexual equivalent of "fu** buddies." hes perfect (if a bit fluffy) and never seems to resent my snuggling up to him all the time. :P

I am jealous.

I want my cuddle buddy back! :goes off to pout in a corner:

I LOVE cuddles. But sadly most anyone assumes then I like them and asks me out. :/

I just hug my pillow normally when I go to sleep otherwise its hard to sleep unless I'm completely exhausted.

I hug my close friends because I like them, but I only cuddle with my husband or my cats. I'm worried since all my friends are sexual that they might interpret anything other than a hug as something more.

I enjoy hugging and cuddling. I sleep with a big, fuzzy blanket every night that I fold up and hug.

There is nothing i love more than cuddling things! People and pillows and animals.

Just cuddles all round xD

But i also get worried that people will interpret the cuddles as something more.

So i warn people, especially when sharing beds with friends. Mostly male friends! That they may wake up with me wrapped around them.

BUT they shall not be getting anything out of it!

I want a cuddle buddy! ]:

Musical Lottie

I get the urge to have a really long bear hug with people who are special to me (I mean platonically), and while they are mostly huggy people, the hugs we have just aren't long enough for me. Some of them only hug upon greeting, and the rest of them only really hug upon greeting and goodbyes, so urges generally have to go unfulfilled. Cuddling on the sofa just doesn't happen, so those urges always go unfulfilled.

How do I deal with it? Well, the hugs I get help a little, but generally I bottle it up, get frustrated, and end up crying myself to sleep after too long; only for the cycle begins again. I have a teddy but only humans will do :(

I feel like this during the week by come Friday I know that I will get my cuddle 'fix' and everything will be OK. I must confess that it is hard when you are alone, the longer you are alone the more you need to be held.

I am so grateful that I have a girlfriend. Although being apart during the week is especially difficult and all I want is to be held...

I live alone, thus,I am cuddle-bereaved, but I think I may have found away around it, when I go to bed, I sometimes dream I have cuddles. :)

I feel like this during the week by come Friday I know that I will get my cuddle 'fix' and everything will be OK. I must confess that it is hard when you are alone, the longer you are alone the more you need to be held.

I am so grateful that I have a girlfriend. Although being apart during the week is especially difficult and all I want is to be held...

I live alone, thus,I am cuddle-bereaved, but I think I may have found away around it, when I go to bed, I sometimes dream I have cuddles. :)

I've had cuddle-themed dreams a few times. It really depends on mood, though...

Sometimes when I stay awake for far too long (even by my standards), the cuddle urge goes through the roof and causes my room to drop a few degrees as the heat floats away. I should see if that has a direct correlation with cuddle-themed dreams.

I've had cuddle-themed dreams a few times. It really depends on mood, though...

Sometimes when I stay awake for far too long (even by my standards), the cuddle urge goes through the roof and causes my room to drop a few degrees as the heat floats away. I should see if that has a direct correlation with cuddle-themed dreams.

Lets hope that neither of us suffer a cuddle-mare :)

I personally love having cuddle dreams, they are the best. And I also get the urge to cuddle and have cuddle fantasies especially about my friends, mostly I've cuddled with them before and usually I'm with them or they are nearby when I'm having the cuddle fantasy, but sometimes it just doesn't work out when I try to initiate cuddling and plus I feel embarrassed about it so usually I just suffer. It's sort of depressing after having two good cuddle buddies and now not having anyone, my remedy is my cat, because pillows just make me so depressed lol.

Archived