AVEN Chat Room (Link to Chat Room Inside)

Nugan

Right you are ArgentOx- A fair chunk of Australia, and all of A-NZ are 10-22 hours ahead of most posters...the joys of GMT-

Also dykal site turns out to be really difficult to register with

(wont accept my password but wont give me a reason as to why.)

Gah-

If you want to check out what the chats look like, go to www.dykal.net/chat1.html.

i like how they make the various chat rooms look like a map from the inside cover of a sci-fi novel.

:lol:

My friend and co-admin made those. They're for the role-playing rooms.

Islander> Could you give more details about the problem your having?

Did you enter your username in the box before hitting register? If not it'll give you an error. Otherwise, I have no idea why it wouldn't let you pick a certain password when you register. I just registered a test account with only "1" as its password, so it looks like it doesn't have to be a specific length.

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I've been at home on break from college the last couple of days.

E Nugan - dunno what the problem is but -whatever I type in (within a very narrow group of letters/numerals etc.) my password comes up invalid-

• 3 weeks later...

Gah, I haven't been able to get in for over a week because I have so much school work. Hopefully I'll get a chance to log on sometime today and see how things are going.

Do you know what.. I'd be way happier if there was an IRC room.

I don't like these java chat programs, they often screw up in Safari, and to be honest I don't always have a browser window open. It'd be nicer to be able to leave x-chat in the background, it can beep to tell me someone comes in. Rather than flicking back and forth all the time

For the last couple weeks, every time Ive logged in, there's been no one there...

Yeah, no one was in when I went on earlier. :P

Maybe everyone has been as busy as I have been.

• 2 weeks later...

When I follow the above link I get to a screen with a scrolldown bar that says Room Descriptions. Then what do I do to get to the AVEN chat room?

Kombucha2000
When I follow the above link I get to a screen with a scrolldown bar that says Room Descriptions. Then what do I do to get to the AVEN chat room?

select the AVEN chat, sign in (once you've registered) and enter.

hilbertastronaut
When I follow the above link I get to a screen with a scrolldown bar that says Room Descriptions.

On my browser (Firefox running on a GNU/Linux platform), the scrolldown is so long that the list runs off the screen, and Java won't let me scroll down to reach the bottom of the list. Should I give up my browser for a lost cause, or is there a way to fix this?

Kombucha2000
On my browser (Firefox running on a GNU/Linux platform), the scrolldown is so long that the list runs off the screen, and Java won't let me scroll down to reach the bottom of the list. Should I give up my browser for a lost cause, or is there a way to fix this?

I don't know much about Firefox and Linux, but is there anyway to correct your Java problem? You should be able to scroll down.

*sniff*

It's getting lonely in the chat room...has everybody given up on it?

There is usually (ok, don't know HOW usually, but for the past few nights...) people in it around 10-ish here in the great armpit of the Americas, north Joisey...

Nope, not quite...each & every time I've checked in - o damn, nobody else around.

But then, I'm checking at - well, here is say 12 hours+ (ignoring DLS) if you're in England & environs, and up to 20+ if you're in Northern America and elsewhere-

it's a wellthought-out site. Be good to chat with any net-entity there.

Sorry guys, I haven't been able to check in at all lately.

I'll be back in next week when I get back to college though, and if anyone needs help with the chats at all just contact me through IM/PM/Email and I'll do my very best to help you out.

chatterchitterchatterchitterchatchatchat!

(whoops, that sounds a bit too much like rats...okay

-chataway

nametheday!)

And maybe it'll become habitual-

I'm logged in if anyone else is around. I'll leave it there for a while, if you turn up and I don't reply I've probably wandered away from my computer for a bit...

*scratches head*

Random chatroom question, Nugan...

Is there any way to alert the room when somebody logs on?

The Evil Cashew

yeah .. same question as colelgecat. cuz if i have my window minimized when poeple come in.. cuz u know.. i am reading Aven or something.. then i don't know they are their and most of htem leave if they dun get an answer...

Also.. apparently Cc was telling me that when poeple post there is sounds. but none of my sounds seem to be working. could msn be conflicting with this? is there a way to fix it do you know?

~Cashew

If you're in the Main Room, it will make a noise when someone logs on.

For some reason this isn't the case in the subrooms (like the Aven room). I'm not sure why this is or how to fix it, but I'll keep looking into it.

By "MSN" do you mean MSN internet service or MSN Messenger? I don't think MSN Messenger could be conflicting with the sounds in the chat, because MSN is perpetually open on my computer and I haven't had a problem. I can't speak for MSN internet, however, since I've never used it. I don't see how it could be conflicting though. My guess would be that there's a problem with your version of Java or perhaps with your sound card drivers, but I really can't say for sure. It could even just be that you have the sound muted in the chats. You can toggle the sound on/off by pressing the button with the speaker on it which is the 5th button from the left on the chat room toolbar between the chat box and the typing box. If their are volume lines coming from the speaker in the image, than your sound is on.

By the way, I'm going to try to park in the chat room for the rest of today (except for when I'm at class from 3-4), so if anyone needs help, I'll be in there.

If you're in the Main Room, it will make a noise when someone logs on.

For some reason this isn't the case in the subrooms (like the Aven room). I'm not sure why this is or how to fix it, but I'll keep looking into it.

Awesome, thanks! :D

• 5 weeks later...
SoItsNotJustMe36

I am very excited about having a chat room. As a matter of fact I jyst emailed aven about having one. Lets Git R Done. LOL. And Yes I like Larry the cable guy. He's funny. :lol: :!:

SoItsNotJustMe36
I am very excited about having a chat room. As a matter of fact I jyst emailed aven about having one. Lets Git R Done. LOL. And Yes I like Larry the cable guy. He's funny. :lol: :!:

I'm parked in the chat room... no one there.

Is this a Twilight Zone episode?

The Evil Cashew

hmm nope no twilight zone. just unholy working hours keeping me away from aven. :(

~Cashew

Anyone know if the AVEN chat can be reached using a vanilla IRC client, like xchat, mIRC or chatzilla?

Archived