Matt Smith claims the Doctor is Asexual

caffeinatedangel

I may be missing something, but I finally got round to watching Matt Smith's segment, and I didn't see the bit that said he was asexual. Just wondering how it's a good thing if it got left on the cutting room floor. I'm guessing more people watched the show than went looking for articles about the show.

In the version I saw, they talked about being Northampton boys, briefly tasked about Matt Smith auditioning in L.A. and popularity of Doctor Who in the US, Doctor Who being scary (including scary clip), the Daleks being given a rest, Doctor Who turning 50, his woman, bribery with Bombay mix, how Matt Smith takes his clothes off for his roles, a crappy improvised musical bit, goodbyes.

It's definitely the same episode because the quotes match.

Oh wow, that's awesome. I haven't watched anything with 11 yet. I assumed he may be ace but I never though too much about it. It's cool that Matt Smith actually used the term "asexual" as well.

To be a bit off topic, is 11 as good as 9 and 10? I have yet to watch the older Doctors so I can't compare.

Tom Baker remains the classic Doctor, but Tennant was amazing. Eccleston was actually pretty decent, and can be credited with "bringing back" the series, but he's not among the best.

Matt Smith started off a little shaky, but has really grown into the part...he has the potential to become one of my favorite doctors, primarily because of his "over the top" infantile-genius Aspergers personality.

And yes, he's the one to whom I most easily relate. A mainstream asexual character...who'd have thought!

• 5 years later...
ColombiaAdventurer

I always felt like I was the only one shipping doctor/rose asexually. Because they were "aliens" to each other, a sexual relationship didn't make sense. But I loved the romance. I think they showed their love through smiles, laughter and putting each other's lives before their own. Though they never got too physical, didn't mean they loved each other any less. (Probably more in my book)

It always got annoying when I was reading a fan fiction with high hopes, only to be let down, because the relationship to me seemed overly sexualized (or was sexualized in the first place). 

Anyways, I'm glad this sexuality is getting more light on one of my favorite shows.

Archived