hypowhoawhata?

xstarzx

You learned about hypochondria? :wink: Do you think you have every illness under the sun?

Maybe this is a game. Guess what xstarzx has learned. :D

Is it hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level)?

hypothermia!!

Seriously though folks...

http://www.innerworlds.50megs.com/sex_ascs.htm

Interesting the description, no?

Hyposexual individuals often don't have an easy time in life. They are still fully capable of feeling romantic love, often quite deeply. They are liable to think that sex is a crude thing, and that ‘real love' should not depend on sex. After all, they can live without it, and still be deeply romantic, so to them, it can look like sex isn't really an important part of a relationship. When they do begin a romance, they find that they are either having more sex than they want to, or imposing a degree of celibacy on their sexually normal partners. This doesn't make for fulfilling relationships.

Interesting, as usual the clinical academy could use with some strategic ass-whomping, but an interesting piece to just find lying around...

No really. For a good time call..

http://www.sexaddict.com/ResourceeBook.html

and scroll to the bottom.

* SEXUAL ANOREXIA: A NEW PARADIGM FOR HYPOSEXUAL DESIRE DISORDER (instant eJournal)--$8.00 (US)

Sexual Anorexia is a relatively new term to the field of sexual addiction. The sexual addict who actively withholds sexual, emotional and spiritual intimacy from their spouse or significant relationship withil acting out with themselves or others has been an anomaly for sex addition treatment providers. This article gives a history of the hyposexual disorder as well as a broadening of the term sexual anorexia and offers a clear diagnostic criteria of sexual anorexia for the sexual addiction treatment provider. Includes research.

So now we're not just forming relationships impossible for our "sexually normal" partners, we're "anorexic," witholding VITAL INTIMACY from our signifigant relationships. SHOCK!!

There's even a contrasting word "normosexual."

But that's enough from me for now...

bard of aven

Five foot six inches, 220 pounds. Nothing anorexic about me.

boa

coralleane
Nothing anorexic about me.

Same here. No one would believe me if I called myself anorexic. *g*

~Coral

whirlygirl

from the first hyperlink;

Hyposexual individuals often don't have an easy time in life. They are still fully capable of feeling romantic love, often quite deeply. They are liable to think that sex is a crude thing, and that ‘real love' should not depend on sex. After all, they can live without it, and still be deeply romantic, so to them, it can look like sex isn't really an important part of a relationship. When they do begin a romance, they find that they are either having more sex than they want to, or imposing a degree of celibacy on their sexually normal partners. This doesn't make for fulfilling relationships.

Hypersexual people also find life challenging, too. Their unrelenting needs can disturb a relationship when they have a relationship, and too needy when they don't.

...3/4 toward the hyposexual scale, never enough to deny the emotional love to a person that i feel strongly about,

the asexual people i have met in real life seem capable of loving emotionally too, to the last 5 years of my life - i've kept to myself only love from my family

Archived