You can only answer with a question

Guest member25959

Trolley Girl

Would you maybe prefer soda? Or a cup of tea?

PetitFourThoughts

What about Boston Cream Pie? And why do they call it a pie when it's made of cake?

• Like 1

Do you think maybe it's for the same reason cheesecake is called cake? It's not even made of cheese is it? And isn't it more of a pie?

Trolley Girl

And why do they consider tomatoes to be vegetables, while they are actually fruits?

Do you think maybe it's for the same reason cheesecake is called cake? It's not even made of cheese is it? And isn't it more of a pie?

Well, don't you raise an interesting point? ... Do you think it is because " Cheese pie " sounds unappetizing ? :) Wouldn't you think that having a crust indicated that it was pie? But then why isn't a tart a pie also? For they have crusts, do they not? Or is tart specific to fruit type pastries? A paradox?

Trolley Girl

And why are fruits usually associated with exclusively sweet tastes?

ignoranceisn'tbliss

Isn't this a good point? Tomatoes are fruits, correct? And not many people find tomatoes to be sweet in taste, right? Could that be why people want to call them veggies? But then wouldn't a banana be a veggie?

ignoranceisn'tbliss

I'm sweet! Am I a fruit?

Are you? I'm getting kinda hungry, and do look pretty tasty, wouldn't you agree :twisted:? nom?

Isn't this a good point? Tomatoes are fruits, correct? And not many people find tomatoes to be sweet in taste, right? Could that be why people want to call them veggies? But then wouldn't a banana be a veggie?

Did you know that the banana actually qualifies as an herb and a berry? Wild, eh?

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

I'm sweet! Am I a fruit?

Are you? I'm getting kinda hungry, and do look pretty tasty, wouldn't you agree :twisted:? nom?

Did you eat me for dinner? you did nom nom on me?

So, you can tell if i was a fruit? :lol: :lol:

ignoranceisn'tbliss

Did you eat me for dinner? you did nom nom on me?

So, you can tell if i was a fruit? :lol: :lol:

Does it make sense if I say you were more sweet like a cake? Would someone else care for a taste?

Isn't what qualifies a plant as a fruit is that it has seeds inside?

So wouldn't a banana qualify as a fruit?

You're going to make this hard for me to explain, aren't you? :) Would you allow me to enlighten you to the fact that while a banana does classify as a fruit because of the internal seeds, the plant itself is herbacious, therefore it is both berry (a fruit), and an herb?

You're going to make this hard for me to explain, aren't you? :) Would you allow me to enlighten you to the fact that while a banana does classify as a fruit because of the internal seeds, the plant itself is herbacious, therefore it is both berry (a fruit), and an herb?

Is it odd that I had a bump (hurrah for the jeopardy thread, is that correct usage?) and could not think of a word for the fruit of a plant without using the word fruit?

Mayhaps the produce of a plant?? Why is language so weird?

It is, isn't it?

Do you know I was once asked if I had to give up food or sex, which would I choose, and I said, "give up sex" and I got the weirdest looks? Can you believe that anyone would choose sex over wonderful, delicious, food?

• Like 1

OH, yes, are mangos delicious or what? Has anyone here tried mango pudding? Do you know that mango pudding was first made in Hong Kong?

Did they really do that? What do you think they will think of next?