AVEN workout support ?

Cygnus

Hey I was wondering if anyone would like to start a group of people to support each other to workout or get in shape?

That would be lovely. I am supposed to start jogging today. And I need all the support I can get because I am so effing lazy.. My boyfriend will be jogging with me but still.. So.. Lazy..

yeah I was thinking the same thing. I need some peeps to help get me motavated and off the games so much.

Yep. There's the problem. Ironically, your avatar matches my current addiction: Alice: Madness Returns. I think I have to try and reward myself.. Like, if I jog for a half an hour today, I get to play Alice but I cannot let myself play before jogging. I have to be my own mom. I'm sure it'll be easier once we get started but starting is difficult when my favorite activity requires me to set on my butt. And I don't like the sun.

My boyfriend and I were going to swim which I love but I can't because of my new tattoo. And I can't ride a bike. Oh well.. If we jog, we can walk the dogs, too, which will make them happy.

I've started eating smaller portions of better food already and I walk to and from the lot we have to park at for work which has helped a little (especially since it's 106 degrees so I sweat a lot) but it's not enough. If treadmills weren't so expensive, I'd get one and put it in front of the TV. :lol:

Yep. There's the problem. Ironically, your avatar matches my current addiction: Alice: Madness Returns. I think I have to try and reward myself.. Like, if I jog for a half an hour today, I get to play Alice but I cannot let myself play before jogging. I have to be my own mom. I'm sure it'll be easier once we get started but starting is difficult when my favorite activity requires me to set on my butt. And I don't like the sun.

My boyfriend and I were going to swim which I love but I can't because of my new tattoo. And I can't ride a bike. Oh well.. If we jog, we can walk the dogs, too, which will make them happy.

I've started eating smaller portions of better food already and I walk to and from the lot we have to park at for work which has helped a little (especially since it's 106 degrees so I sweat a lot) but it's not enough. If treadmills weren't so expensive, I'd get one and put it in front of the TV. :lol:

OK I know this is going to go off subject but DONT THAT GAME ROCK. What Chapter are you on?

OK I know this is going to go off subject but DONT THAT GAME ROCK. What Chapter are you on?

I just got the Hatter his body parts back. And, yes, it seriously rocks. I had it pre-ordered back in February. Not like I had to since they had a million copies when I picked mine up. I don't think too many people played/appreciated the first one..

I am sporting 3 hours/day. Just because I feel so.

Okay.. Too much time on FB. I tried to find a "Like" button but one wasn't there.. XD Anyway.. Yay! 3 hours is a long time. I would die so *insert admiration here*.

Ha. "Good worker pay has been suspended indefinately. Bad worker pay is cancelled!"

My boyfriend walked in when it was on a scene of him talking and just stared, said "Creepy.." and continued to watch contently until I made him start a game so I would be forced to practice my guitar. I really really really want a tattoo of her with a Little Sister from Bioshock..

I got the add-on pack with the extra dresses and weapons. I love meat cleavers so I am so gleeful watchful Alice hack apart enemies with one.

what the hell is wrong with me!?

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

I want to have some support, it doesnt matter they are far away, but if we motivate each other we can do it :)

Please let me know! :D

.diva plavalaguna.

That would be lovely! I was supposed to start exercising my first week after school let out, but it's been two months and the best I've done is cut down on portions some, except for when it comes to tacos >O> /failfailfail

caffeinatedangel

Count me in! I need some encouragement especially for those days when I don't feel like working out...which is, sometimes all too often.

I have been using this site to count calories/keep a food diary and workout diary. It's pretty easy to use and it's interesting to see where most of your calories come from!

www.loseit.com

herpaderderderderder

Sure, why not. I'll probably just start with something like walking, then jogging. I'm not comfortable going to a gym yet. I don't want to waste my money if I don't end up sticking with it.

Do you all promise to nag me if I slack off?

Sweet were getting people. how about we all start on monday. should we all weigh and put the weights in a private locked thread if people are concerned. or just in a sepreat thread?

I got the add-on pack with the extra dresses and weapons. I love meat cleavers so I am so gleeful watchful Alice hack apart enemies with one.

OH I must get those. lol

caffeinatedangel

Sweet were getting people. how about we all start on monday. should we all weigh and put the weights in a private locked thread if people are concerned. or just in a sepreat thread?

Either way would work for me. Let's definitely start Monday! :)

I'm definitely up for a workout support type of thing. I've already lost close to 50 pounds off the 215 I was at in October, of which I've gained only 5-6 pounds back since coming home. What can I say, there were two whole cakes in the house, I'm kind of a sucker :blush:.

But I'd been using Lose It on my iTouch to keep track of my calories/exercise/weight loss and I think I'll probably resume that so I can work on getting these last 20-30 pounds off :D.

I just need to start playing less PS3 and maybe focus a little more on actual reality exercise :lol:.

Qutenkuddly

Right. What I've been meaning to do, but it's been kinda hard to find the energy as a result of being completely off my circadian rhythm for so long, is to get in half an hour of physical activity each day, be it jogging, dancing, working my flexibility, strength training, and/or practising my forms. I get plenty of aeorobic and anaerobic challenges during my twice weekly Kung Fu workouts, which has been slowly getting me into shape, but I want to pick up the pace.

Now that I'm finished my last overnight shift and can get back to something vaguelly akin to a normal sleep schedule, you all now have permission to poke me if I don't get half an hour of something done.

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

So what are we gonna do? lest be very specific because i cant all messy with my crappy english lol! i need a resume :P

Qutenkuddly

I figure folk should come up with a daily plan and post it. Then, each day, check in when you've accomplished your daily goal. If you don't, we get to poke you for it. :)

I agree. I think we need to have alittle of everything. Like yoga, weights, cardio. Does anyone know some good yoga stances for beginners?

Qutenkuddly

I agree. I think we need to have alittle of everything. Like yoga, weights, cardio. Does anyone know some good yoga stances for beginners?

This would be an excellent starting point: Basic Yoga Workout for Dummies, by Sara Ivanhoe

caffeinatedangel

But I'd been using Lose It on my iTouch to keep track of my calories/exercise/weight loss and I think I'll probably resume that so I can work on getting these last 20-30 pounds off :D.

I am on LoseIt! I love it, it's such a great tool. We should be friends on there!

I am on LoseIt! I love it, it's such a great tool. We should be friends on there!

Sounds good! I'll PM you my e-mail so we can add each other there :D.

Qutenkuddly

Dammit, I was going to start today, but my sleep schedule is still muddled. Needz sleepz now.

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

Dammit, I was going to start today, but my sleep schedule is still muddled. Needz sleepz now.

THIS IS A Support group! you cannot start today because we are not! LOL im kidding!!

what are you planning for tomorrow? :P

Qutenkuddly

THIS IS A Support group! you cannot start today because we are not! LOL im kidding!!

what are you planning for tomorrow? :P

Depends on the weather; if the rain lets up, I might go for a run, maybe do some form practice. If it's pouring out, maybe just do some dancing for fun. :)

Archived