Touching  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like to be touched?

• yes, by anyone
    • yes, but only by friends/family/partner
    • yes, but only by a partner
    • no, not at all

This poll is closed to new votes

by a breeze, water, cake and feline species, yea P: but people..they are same like aliens to me, i just dont understand their ways, so kinda no to say the least, idk

Anyone who would actually be so forward as to touch me (handshakes aside of course) I don't mind being touched by. It happens very rarely, but a hug from a close friend once in a while is fine. No contact with family if I can avoid it, and I don't hug people I am not close to (very few, and even then, very rarely).

(Heteromantic asexual)

Hidden121232341

Oddly I don't mind being touched by anyone or anything, which I think has more than just my Asexualism as its root. I mainly don't have my own personal space, I don't normally connect sexual pleasure to contact either, which leads me to be open to touch by anyone. I hug people a lot, but that is how I get my kicks, being a heteroromantic asexual.

I adore physical touch from a romantic partner. Hugs, cuddles, kisses, and best of all, being held through the night. It's one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced.

But outside of a romantic relationship, not so much. I mean, I don't hate being touched by friends or family, but I don't see much of a point. I get that they do it to show they love me and care about me, but to me, touch is just a romantic thing. If friends and family want to show me love, they can tell me through their words or show me through their actions.

Ace McHeeb

Since I was a kid, I've hated to be tickled. I don't laugh, I scream and will actually punch and kick when tickled. Now I have two daughters who LOVE to be tickled! I figured out a neat little trick though, since they love to tickle back. I begin giggling when they tickle a non-ticklish spot on me. That way they always go back there for the same reaction. So far, they've not caught on to my tickle spots.

5_♦♣

For me, it depends on where I'm being touched and how. Not on who is touching me.

belovedless

I'm an asexual lesbian.

I don't like touching family members, but it seems as though this is a very family thing to do. Sighs.

Friends hug. I've gotten used to it, but I hate fake hugging. I probably perceive some real hugging as fake hugging just because I'm so sensitive.

I will touch my partner and vice versa, but I think that some touch has become underrated as of late. Legs touching, arms touching, sitting closely--what happened to these sorts of small tensions? Everyone wants to hold hands and hug and kiss, but I think that the aforementioned small touches can be more intimate sometimes, too.

• 2 weeks later...

My co-workers will come up to me at my desk, place a hand on my shoulder. Or worse, run their fingers through my ponytail. My hair is fairly long. Hate it, hate it. I love being affection with my niece, I love her to death. And I love that she is in return affection to me. But if any other family members, even my mother touch me I absolutely hate it just like when my co-workers do. Relationships from years ago made it hard to be touched too. Especially one ex who seemed obsessed with my breasts. Drove me bonkers. But a man I had a brief fling with a few months ago (only one in years) I didn't mind being touched by him. I gave him permission, mentally and verbally so I had no problem with it. A contradiction? Maybe. Or I'm just really picky.

Hugging and kissing is ok, but being touched "usually" bothers me.

As AoC said, it's more matter of "how" and "where" (beside from who).

I think I would have to break the question down into parts.

Non-intimate touch, such as a handshake – no problem.

Professional touch, such as a haircut or receiving a massage – no problem.

Holding hands – ok, as long as it's not for too long (e.g. a touch over a restaurant table yes, but I wouldn't like to be walking around holding hands with someone).

Cuddles, hugs etc – preferably not, but if it was important to an OH then I wouldn't be so stubborn as to refuse all the time, although it would make me feel a little uncomfortable....but having said that, lounging around together on a settee and being in contact that way is no problem to me.

Kissing - as above, as long as tongues are not involved (largely because I CANNOT see the point in touching mouths and thinking it makes you an 'item').

Sexual contact – definitely not.

I am however extremely romantic at times, and this makes it painfully difficult to ever be happy with anyone. So far I've never met anyone with the same limitations as myself :(

There is kind of a little part of me inside too that wishes, maybe one day, if I do ever fall in love, it will help me to overcome some of these issues listed above. But I think maybe I'm being foolish in expecting that to happen.

Here's the thing though: I can cuddle my dog no problem at all!

evigmidnatt

my gods i'm not the only one!

i just wandered to this forum on a suggestions and walked into this thread and just read gilnokoibito and sockstealingnome's responses

I still don't fully understand the scale. but i think i'm somewhere between no way in hell and only by friends.

it used to be totally NWH but then I met 3 girls who i will allow to hug me and stuff. and I allowed another friend to glomp me (by allow i mean i didn't hit him for it)

just... omg, so not used to seeing people say stuff like i would

Homoromantic asexual here. For the most part I'm fine with touching if it's family/friends, but sometimes I can't stand anyone touching me at all. I absolutely hate when people I don't know so much as brush against me. I've actually been known to have panic attacks when people I don't know get too friendly (like patting on the shoulder and stuff like that).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a fan of being touched, maybe the occasional hug from a family member but that's the extent of it. I'm definitely uncomfortable with even the lightest touch from someone I don't know. As for my romantic orientation, I guess I'm hetero romantic but have had a very close platonic friendship with a male before.

Only by family and boyfriend. I've been hugged by people other than that and it was... an uncomfortable feeling. Now I know better than to get that close to strangers >.>;

I don't mind a pat on the back or shoulder, and I even like to hug my best friend, but I really don't like it when my brother hugs me, its probably because he is always asking me to hug him ...always

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mind family touching me^^ Like a hug or a kiss touch.^^

But I find it weird when my friends hug or touch me.^^'' Keep your distant a little bit^^''

And if some guy touch me I'm going to freak out^^'' I went to my senior prom and this guy I know wanted to dance with me. I didn't want to tell him no {not to mention I can't dance} but I "tried." I had to put my arms on him.^^'' Ick^^'' I couldn't touch him. He wasn't dirty or anything like that but I couldn't do it.

I just don't want people {Some guy} to touch me in a romantic way.^^'' No cuddling, no kissing, no lightly touch my skin. A hug is fine but I am not too quick to hug some guy. Or anyone other than family^^

Not even a tease touchy^^'' {I tend to get mad}^^''

snufflebottoms

My feelings vary widely as does my degree of sexuality/romanticism. Hetero-grey-asexual is my most honest able when force but I could be bi theory.

I think I'm grey-romantic. I like to be touched only by a partner however not too much. I love hugs, caresses, keep his hands in mine or vice versa.

I think I'm grey-romantic. I like to be touched only by a partner however not too much. I love hugs, caresses, keep his hands in mine or vice versa.

I think I agree with you, though I'm not grey-romantic. I like to be touched by a partner in the same ways you do, and nothing more, but I also don't mind touching my family/close friends, though still no kissing.

I voted for "yes, but only by friends/family/partner". I like getting hugs off people like my friends (with family it's always a bit odd as it seems like both sides are obliged to do it and there is no real warmth involved) but I never initiate them. I'm just awkward in that sometimes I wouldn't mind having a hug off my friends but I know that it would be seen potentially as odd or that they would think i'm a bit odd. That's why I'll always hug one of my friends if they initiate it. As for anything over and above hugging - I wouldn't be comfortable with that unless I was somehow in a relationship (doubtful but you never know... :lol: )

As for orientation I'm hetero-romantic.

See i'm fine with people i know touching me, but i do have moments where I tense up. Friends have touch zones, and if they leave an area I'm fine with being touched I get awkward and move them. (People i've grown with and can't imagine not seeing/talking to/blood relatives/the fam/)Family...well i've play fought with family and am comfortable with them in a lot of ways I wouldn't feel comfortable with a friend no matter how ever long I've known you. If your a Friend that evolved into Family then your not a friend at all your someone I feel good around and couldn't imagine losing just like my Family. A partner: basically family and well we'd have a understanding. Nuff said.

I don't mind for the most part, as long as I'm not being touched by strangers (unless it's for professional reasons/handshake).

I'm also not a fan of tight contact (regardless of who it's from), but I'm not a fan of tight things in general.

I'm hetero-romantic (although I could be bi-romantic).

Biromantic ace here.

Ever since I was very young I hated people touching me. Hugs would make me go stiff and things like PE were torture. So it was much to everyone's surprise (mine included) when two or three years ago I discovered just how much I liked cuddling with a friend who, at the time, needing the physical contact as much as I did. This is what clued me into my biromantism because she was female, I'd never considered a female partner before. Now it's to the point that if I'm not around close friends I can hug (like now) even the touch of a classmate leaning their shoulder against mine while reading over my shoulder helps a lot to take the edge off the need for a hug. Hugs, shoulder touching, holding hands, cuddling for hours on the couch (especially if someone is curled around me), leaning back against someone with their arms around my shoulders, a huge puppy pile -- if it involves non-sexual contact, it all sounds brilliant.

No idea about kisses, haven't tried them yet. Closed mouth sounds at least like a novel experience if not a pleasant one. French kissing I'm definitely unsure about. Both would be something reserved for close/romantic friends.

Aromantic and I hate being touched, especially if someone touches my bare skin, although I can tolerate handshakes. The only people who I can actually deal with touching me are my parents; everyone else, I avoid touching and being touched through all reasonable means.

wanderingscribe

I second Phrenicos' post, double underlined, all caps, bold with a double exclamation mark. Unless you're a blood relative, and even then you'll want to think twice, do not kiss me hello or goodbye and do not hug me.

I can't stand being touched so much that reading the title question while scrolling down the thread list caused a twang of fear in my chest.

I'm not sure how I got like this, but I can't stand not being able to stand even my parents and siblings touching me. I didn't use to be like this either. My brother who came to town this weekend for our grandma's funeral made that point to me, reaffirming the recent gnawing in my mind that I had changed suspiciously in the way I acted within a year of my life, some time before I hit puberty.

Well, I guess I'll probably never find out why this happened if I can't even identify it now.

• 2 weeks later...

I like being touched platonically or affectionately. Anything overly intimate makes me VERY uncomfortable and sparks major disinterest. I am a heteroromantic (:.

Archived