Cute things to make happy your day

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

Harmony, that's me when someone mentions something I don't know about! I thought I hadn't posted that photo anywhere. Someone must be taking pictures of me without my consent. :o

...Ahem. Moving on.

a.baa-Very-cute-little-fox.jpg5524685667_251838a6dd.jpg

And this is me after a rough day:

s-A-sleepy-little-fox-I-met-today.jpg

I was thinking that wolves are fantastic animals (not to mention very close relatives to my own species, given I'm a fox). Monogamous, loyal, loving, and they stick together with their small group of close ones at all times. Sometimes I think humans should learn from them.

Have some wolf-y cuteness to celebrate!

wolf-hug.jpgtumblr_m92itiHFnH1qhops9o1_500.jpg

A Taste of Harmony

Silver! I'm a wolf. :P I've been fascinated by them all the time.

I haven't seen them in wild with my own eyes but they are just :wub: . My favourite type is alpha wolf.

They hunt in packs, excellent example for team work and even when they fight with each other in the pack they don't give deadly injury to each other.

(But people.. many of us hurt each other :ph34r: to the point of no recovery. Maybe it's more challenging to survive as human, LOL who knows..)

They seem to have very efficient with their system and I'm an fan of efficiency. I also ENVY their ability to be in the snow with such strength.

41lRFPMdlkL._SY300_.jpgDie führungsstrategien des alphawolfs by Johannes Voss

This book might interests you. It's about leadership and the author research and take points from wolves' behaviour.

I'm not sure if it's in English translation but if you get a chance, try it. I haven't finished reading it but it's refreshing view about leadership.

And it discusses a lot with wolves traits and behaviour.

Okay, I better stop being nerdy with lovely wolves and need to be focus on the cuteness. Stay on the topic! :P

photo.jpg

WolfWhitePup.jpg

Thanks Harmony! Wolves are fascinating and beautiful. I have one on my favourite shirt. :D

Did you all know that otters hold hands when they sleep, so that they don't drift apart from each other?

Sea_otters_holding_hands.jpegotters-holding-hands.jpg

Needs more penguins.

tumblr_m0aw68jZTh1qa9omho1_500.gif

tumblr_mda3ihbLKM1qc7ax2o1_500.gif

Oh, and a turtle

tumblr_mov4z0eR8a1s1mlq5o1_500.gif

alpacaterpillar

Hooray for New Zealand birds!

Kakapo:

kakapo600.jpg?width=4604880602.jpg

Fantail/Piwakawaka:

Fantail-04.jpg

Axe. Please explain me why the birds in NZ have such... exotic names. Really, every time I see one of your posts mentioning an animal species from your area I have to google it. :P

But yes, they're very colourful! Also, can I post something cute that isn't a photograph?

Sylveon.240.1433350.jpg

alpacaterpillar

They all have Maori names (Polynesians indigenous to New Zealand), though when Europeans arrived they gave many/all of them European names. I like trying to learn the Maori names for the stuff we name in English. I think a lot of the Maori names are to do with the birds' roles in Maori myths and legends, whereas the English names are often to do with their unusual characteristics or family (for example, the kokako was called the New Zealand crow, even though it isn't a crow).

Kokako (don't mix it up with kakapo):

p10591doc.jpg

So yeah, the names are exotic because they're from another language, Te Reo Maori.

Just a random fact: while looking up the kakapo pictures, I found out that apparently the kakapo has been rated the world's favourite animal :)

alpacaterpillar

New Zealand is awesomely-cute. And yes I made up the word and I'm biased. :P

I can assure you we certainly have our fair share of flaws, but I'll admit we do have many things, particularly in terms of wildlife and geography, that no other nation can claim to have.

Of course, our economy's kind of going down the drain, and we have terrible statistics for family violence and alcohol-related accidents, but now I'm going off topic...

Have a little blue penguin (korora) :P

little-blue-threefishsleeping.jpg

I, for one, find the Maori names far better and more fitting than calling a crow what is very clearly not a crow.

Archived