2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think any God/s exist?

• Yes
    • Probably
    • Not sure
    • Probably not
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Although I feel it's somewhat stupid, I'm starting to believe that God exists, and that everything have a reason to exit, and everything is indeed possible and exit in the amazing hugeness of the Multiverse...

I've seen no proof of gods existing but I also can't proove they don't exist, so I voted for 'probably not'. If there is a god though, I really hope it's the flying spaghetti monster!

Wayland Cybersmith

The universe is over 3,210,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 cubic metres, 13,750,000,000 years old, and contains about 240,000,000,000,000,000 stars. What proof would you expect of a being that can consider this universe as an artefact?

Imagine holding a ball in your hand. Now, imagine this ball as a universe, with galaxies, stars, and planets. How would an inhabitant on one of those planets prove your existence?

I stopped believing in God after leaving Judaism even after I converted. I became an atheist and just feel as if religion is a social construct and invention as a way for people to form communities for supporting each other through life occasions, that's all.

Junebug03

I do not remember what I voted, I think I voted Yes...but lately I have been thinking I am not sure... almost flip flopping. I grew up as a Christian, very active in youth group, and all that... but lately it just doesn't seem real, and I am not here to debate or tick people off so I am keeping my opinions to myself on how I came to this flip flop. Anyways, it just seems like the church and Christians are the ones who keep telling me I am sinning against God for being asexual.

oneofthesun

Heart says "no," head says "not sure" is the only logical answer.

BookwormKaoru

Athiest here.

But I believe everyone has the right to believe what they want to believe and I don't get into any arguments about it. I tend to stay away from the topic altogether unless I'm asked directly...

But I believe everyone has the right to believe what they want to believe and I don't get into any arguments about it. I tend to stay away from the topic altogether unless I'm asked directly...

Good call. We need more of this. :lol:

‎"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish."

So, I'm proud to be Atheist...

• 1 month later...

I'm an atheist and I find religion to be the most dangerous silly thing ever. Like a drunk clown with giant shoes and a chain saw riding a grizzly bear through an all-girls school.

MidnightFrog

I'm an atheist officially. I'm nearly certain there is no God that the Christians/Muslims/Jews describe. However, I'm more open to the possibility of other forms of God that the human mind can't imagine. After all, we do live in a pretty strange universe.

Wayland Cybersmith

Jesus taught that love was the most important aim of any person or community. He demonstrated this by how he accepted people that society rejected, and showed mercy and forgiveness to all. He taught that care for the poor was more important than wealth. He accepted all people as they were, but gave them the opportunity to be better people. He taught that our only response to insults, abuse, and violence should be kindness.

Truly dangerous stuff, this. Imagine what the world would be like if more people followed this teaching. There is no greed there, no hunger, no war, just love. The fact that people have claimed to be Christian but not obeyed Christ takes nothing away from what Christ taught.

Midnight Frog, I do believe that your other forms of God do describe what God is. My understanding is that He is a being in a higher reality, outside of space and time as we understand it, and He created the universe out of energy, matter, and dimension in the way we would make a virtual universe using data. I believe that He would see the universe as we might see a clay pot. Figuratively speaking.

• 3 weeks later...
evigmidnatt

Wandering Wiccan with a thing for Greek male Deieties thats me

When it comes to religion i was baptized and raised a chatholic but now i have no faith i refure to myself as being a being a Spiritual Transhumist if anything else, i am a deeply spiritual person and i meditate daily but as a but as a transhumist i am a darwinist and believe in the sciences and technology and the evolution of our species via interlectuail achievment and not in some omnipitant being in the heavens creating everything.

I am not theist or atheist (or even agnostic). It seems an arbitrary question and division to me. There aren't labels or ongoing debates pushing us to declare if we believe in the tooth fairy or not, or if we believe in plate tectonics or not. Etc., etc.

I've wondered if the roots of theism come from ancient people wanting to explain various phenomena (lightning, earthquakes, solar eclipses), but I haven't studied it enough to know. It seems oppressive to me in our modern times that the question divides people. And it seems odd that there is pressure to define myself by the question or its answer.

Blueraindrop

I don't believe in any gods or in the afterlife but I found that I have to be very careful when I say that to avoid conflict. Most of the time I just avoid the topic altogether or just say I'm not a religious person. Because when I've said I don't believe in god in the past I've got from pitying looks to "we'll pray for you".

Atheist here.

I feel a sort of magnetic attraction for religious myths though, whatever religion they may come from. They're like fantasy stories.

That was how I used to be. I loved myths and legends, still do. I had a thirst for all kinds of religion if just for my philosophical curiosity. Then one day I met Hinduism and my beliefs aligned with that. Not saying you will be the same, just a similar experiance

Ace Student

I do, and I'm even quite conservative by most standards. I don't know if He made me asexual or not, but I'm pretty sure He isn't opposed to me being this way, and I even think He has a plan that incorporates my orientation smoothly. It's comforting, really.

I choose both yes and no.

I do not believe in an anthropomorphic, personal god who sits on a throne in the sky and judges man based on words in a book.

I do believe in an all-encompassing cosmic intelligence that exists in all things but see it as impersonal.

Pretty much this. I'm a pantheist.

Seeing as how faith in the existence of divinity is the very basis for me to deal with this world at all, I'll go with checking Yes; the danger of falsely evoking the "grampa-like dude on a throne in the clouds" image weighs less than the danger of being mistaken for atheist. Atheism is a valid form of faith, but it thoroughly doesn't work for me, at all.

General Apple

I used to be Christian. Now my position is basically "don't know, don't care" and the universe doesn't make much sense to me either way. If I'd been raised atheist, I don't think I would ever have considered the existence of a God or gods to be a possibility.

Nihilistic stance of no conclusion. That's all.

• 5 months later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organization, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to re-start new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

Lady Girl, Moderator

Archived