Worst way you've been hit on ?

Queen-Of-Spiders

LibraryDrone

First was a guy who asked me out by way of sexual innuendo and then when I understood what he was talking about and said no he won't leave it alone. the other day he came up behind me and started blowing on my neck. ewww.

I was at a Renaissance Faire, looking at all of the beautiful weapons, specifically the pole axes and halberds. My friend made some remark about my obsession with pole axes, to which I responded that I just liked pointy things on sticks. A man standing near by shot back "I have a pointy thing on a stick for you". This is a little creepy, but it made me laugh. A lot. Ahhh, people.

I have an example like this, actually. I was on the bus going to college when this old man gets on. There weren't any free seats, he was looking pretty frail and I was right at the front, so I stood up and gave him my seat. He sits down, and he asks if I'm really okay with me giving up my seat. I say yes...only for him to grin and ask "well, you can always sit in my lap if you want to". It was pretty obvious that he was joking, so I just awkwardly smiled back and said no. But most people I tell this story to find it more disturbing than creepy. And now that I think about it, I was round my grandparents house in the summer, and I was going to go down to this centre for the elderly with them to help out, making tea and stuff. They asked me to change before I went because I was wearing some denim shorts, and they thought I'd pick up the wrong kind of attention from the old men. I guess I'm an old geezer magnet, then.

Oh goodness, older men. Luckily I haven't been hit on by anyone over forty. I don't think it would bother me any more than the rest, and I think men are the most attractive at 40/50 but it would still just be awkward!

Oh yeah I just remembered one.

When I was 20 I was at work, going around campus and tagging equipment for inventory, and I had to meet this one doctor. He took me to the microscope and while I was tagging and taking down information, he chatted me up. Suddenly he asked if I wanted to get a drink later. I nervous-laughed like I usually do (actually this is a bad move as most guys take this as interest ^__^;) and said I didn't drink. He prodded me asking me why and why not and such and when I said I was 20 he asked when my birthday was so he could take me then. This guy was in his 40s.

I was so happy to be able to leave there. I didn't tell my boss but I never met with that doctor after that. Creeepy.

In my mid 20's(years ago) I didn't have a car yet. I was walking home from a local park when this fellow I did NOT know tried 3 times to get me into his car. Now, I was wearinig shorts since it was summer, but the fellow didn't seem to understand the word no. I did finally get away from him, btw. Idiot!!!!!!

Matters Of The Heart

Creepy guy: "I've fantasied about you tons of times."

And yes, he meant while touching himself.

He felt I should have been flattered.

Ew.

Ase of Spades

Ew.

Yeah, that's totally not creepy and disgusting in any way whatsoever. <_< Why do some guys seem to think that saying things like that is a compliment?

Soccer Maniac

Personally, I have never been hit on (Apparently, according to my friends, I emit a wave of hatred toward everyone of the opposite sex :mellow: and even to some of the same sex.... ) but my friend was telling me about this guy who's currently obsessed with her. He's always coming behind her and poking her neck, which she hates, and threatens to stalk her if she doesn't beat him up. She told me this guy gets off on pain and he kept telling her and texting her to beat him up till he passed out. I met him once, and he was totally a bizarre dude.... Not quite sure how to react to that.

Ase of Spades

Personally, I have never been hit on (Apparently, according to my friends, I emit a wave of hatred toward everyone of the opposite sex :mellow: and even to some of the same sex.... ) but my friend was telling me about this guy who's currently obsessed with her. He's always coming behind her and poking her neck, which she hates, and threatens to stalk her if she doesn't beat him up. She told me this guy gets off on pain and he kept telling her and texting her to beat him up till he passed out. I met him once, and he was totally a bizarre dude.... Not quite sure how to react to that.

That's actually really scary. D: How do you get rid of someone like that? Ignoring him just makes him try harder and be more persistent. I guess you could try teling an authority figure of some sort, but unless that person can follow you around every second of every day, then that doesn't quite help because he'll just come right back once that person's gone. Threatening to beat him up isn't going to do squat to get rid of him because that's exactly what he wants, and he'll just keep coming back for more.

Ew.

One of my male friends fantasizes about me sometimes. He always tells me about it in detail. I think it's pretty fascinating, and to me, it is pretty flattering.

Sockstealingnome

How do you get rid of someone like that?

Be really nice?

NothingHere

I'm mostly too un-charismatic to be hit on, but I have had people ask for my clothes before. 'Twas awkward.

Asexy Existentialist

Ew.

That's like finding out someone jizzed in your sweater. Flattering? Not at all. Completely disgusting? YES. Barf. I hope you kicked him somewhere very sensitive.

I'm mostly too un-charismatic to be hit on, but I have had people ask for my clothes before. 'Twas awkward.

I guess I'm having an asexual moment here, but...

Asked for clothes? For what purpose, were they cold or something? Or is asking for one's clothes supposed to be understood as a hit-on?

No wait, I think they were trying to rob your jacket! You must have a good fashion sense ^_^

NothingHere

I guess I'm having an asexual moment here, but...

Asked for clothes? For what purpose, were they cold or something? Or is asking for one's clothes supposed to be understood as a hit-on?

No wait, I think they were trying to rob your jacket! You must have a good fashion sense ^_^

I'm not really sure, actually. It seemed like it, but who knows. Maybe my shirts and belts really are just that cool.(Especially since I definitely do have a pretty good fashion sense. ^_^ )

I think the weirdest way I have ever been hit on was on a night out with friends. We are like 4 girls standing around a table talking when someone taps me on the shoulder. It is a girl I don't know, who just smiles at me. Being polite and thinking that tap must have been some sort of accident, since she says nothing, I briefly smile back and then return to the conversation at the table. A few seconds after however I get tapped on the shoulder again. I can see my friends look very suprised and the converstation kinda stops right there. Sure enough, it is the same girl again, only this time her shirt has come off and she is basicly standing there in her bra trying to get me to dance with her....

I tried to tell her that i REALLY was not interested and while she was trying to get me to dance and to kiss me on the cheek (she was rather drunk), I was trying to get her to put her shirt back on with no success. I eventually got saved by one of my friends, who after the first suprise was struggling not to laugh too loud at the rather shocked expression on my face. Very akward....

My male friends, that heard that story afterwards, just replied: Why does stuff like that never happen to me.

Two stories - one for weirdest, one for all-out creepiest and most red-face inducing.

The first story happened when I was 13 or so. I was riding the MAX train home with a friend, and we were joking around. At one point, I accused him of being a weirdo. Right then, a group of three young guys boards the train right next to us - not kidding you - rapping as they go. Seriously, two of them were beatboxing, the other was throwing words out, making nonsensical observations.

Then he notices me and, still rapping and smiling in this leerish way, rolls out with: "Hey, little lady, let me tie your shoe."

There was some stammering involved, some excuses made, and a very fast escape at the next stop. As my friend and I were laughing at the ridiculousness of what just happened, he summed it all up: "Remember how you were calling me weird before? Well, I don't know if you believe in God, but if you do - that was a message from Him to be happy with what you've got."

And now for the second. It actually happened at the transit station that we'd gotten off at in the story before, but this was several years later, and with a different friend. We'd gone out to buy a gift for a friend, and were getting ready to head home. It was getting late in the evening, and we weren't usually out so late, but we were pretty at ease. Then this older gentlemen (probably in his 60's, 70's) approaches us, looks me up and down, and says, "You're a tall one, aren't you?" I blink, then smile - I got a lot of comments about my height at that time - and nod. Then he says, "So... you want to try me?"

In my head, he was asking (in a very strange manner) if I thought I was taller than him. So I laugh in a friendly way and go, "Well, I don't knoooow, I think I could--" At which point my friend (who TOTALLY go what he was meaning) jumps in with "No no no, no she doesn't, no." Guy looks confused, I look confused, my friend gives me this sort of desperate look, and I finally figure out something's going on and start shaking my head mutely. Guy looks dejected and walks away, I'm left trying to figure out WTH just happened, and my poor friend looks about as exasperated as I've ever seen her as she has to explain what the guy was after.

Every time I read the new posts in this thread, I feel classy :P

lizardlover23

Too many to name, but these are by far the funniest ones:

Asshole: hey miss do you have the time?

Me: Yea its 3[something] pm

Asshole: no i mean do you have the time to write down my number?

Me: hahahahah *walks away*

Guy on train: is that your real hair?

Me: Yes

Guy on train: you look like the type of girl thats unfaithful

Me: -____- *walks away*

Idiot: Yo ma your lips look like candy! let me suck on them for a bit.

Me: "its too early for this. go away homeless"

Idiot: DAMN!

Loser: Hey boo!

Me: "go away before i die and scare you for real".

Imbecile: "your face looks like a dolphin" *cheesy smile*

Me: I look like a human. not a damn aquatic mammal.

Group of rejects: "Its like 2 princesses walked out of a castle!"

Me and Friend: "Booooo. ya mad corny. whatever shut up"

Inept being: "yo shorty! let me holla at you!"

Me: *ignore"

Inept being: "hey ma! dont be like that! smile. Let me holla at you!"

Me: "I dont smile in the presence of ugly humans. Bye"

2 bums on train: *whisper. whisper* -looks at me- *whisper.whisper* -looks at me-

Me: "What!! do i owe you guys something??!!! "

2 bums on train: "nah ma! you just looking real fly ova there. come sit by us"

Me: "No thanks"

2 bums on train: " aww come on. just sit right here" *pats space between them**

Me:"nah..im good. im not a fan of STDS"

THE END

JJButterworth

What does that even mean?

lizardlover23

What does that even mean?

Its loser talk for "let me flirt with you" and also a sad attempt at hitting on someone.

Soccer Maniac

Why would anyone call another person 'shorty'? What if they were actually really tall? Rappers do that in their music and it doesn't make any sense. And 'holla'ing at someone? That, to me, is like saying "I wanna yell in your face". People are so stupid.

Random old guy: Wanna ride my cock?

Me: Uh, hell no.

Guy: You know you want it.

Me: First of all, you're not even hot. Secondly, fuck off.

He got offended and called me a bitch! WTF?

• 4 weeks later...
Gho St Ory Qwan

[...]

A typical "bad boy" who had a crush on me would only refer to me as "Hey bitch." Flattering...

The typical bad boy from my school keeps asking to be my 'foot(worshipping) slave'... :unsure: I used to have a crush on him in primary school too. :lol:

I cross in front of him and as I get to the other side he starts yelling things at me like "hey baby looking good nice ass want to come suck my ****? I was like WTF!?!?!?!? I can't remember all what he said I just ignored and started walking REALLY REALLY FAST to gt away...And I wasn't even dressed remmotely slutty or anything I had a cute pair of jeans on and a baggy hoodie...Once again what kind of girl would respond to those advances?!?!? Did he seriously think that I'd be like yeah sure baby lets go for it!?!?!? What a JERK!

I was wearing my boy jeans, a vest top (well it does show my curves up above quite noticeably but it's not exactly tight) and a hoody. I noticed guys in their cars wouldn't stop staring at me as they drove past. It happens normally but not like EVERY guy. So I did up the hoody and it stopped. I did that twice to compare and it was definitely the vest top. Just because the wrinkles in it clearly show my chest and stomach difference... >.> No cleavage, not tight, not slutty.

So I don't think it has to be slutty at all.

This is very risky territory.[...]

I understand your good intentions, but this is a very slippery slope. We do not live in a perfect world, and there are some things we should regard as common sense, yes - it's not a good idea to walk alone at night/in secluded areas ; it's a good idea to be cautious in regards to strangers ; it's not a good idea to dress in a sexually suggestive manner if you do not want to be regarded as a sex object, etc. But men approach women for all sorts of reasons - superficial preferences like looks, body shape, and so on ; and other factors, like intro/extrovertedness that appeal to them. You even argue this for me - your change in weight/shape led you to be hit on less, not a change in 'sexually signalling' to men. If people start assuming that women are doing something, subconsciously or otherwise, to signal to strangers, it easily leads to a mentality where victims are blamed for being sexually harassed, or worse. If a criminal is determined enough, anyone is fair game.

I've been told being like one of the lads makes me appealing because they assume if i'm like one of the lads they can relax around me more then in private have me being a typical girl. So basically they could have the sex and cute side of the female without the hassle of her not liking his friends, or the things they do.

I've been told dressing in a non slutty way, even a non-girly way, implies you're more grounded, secure, less likely to have STIs and with the benefit of leaving more to the imagination.

There's also the whole idea that women are to be obtained. If you outright say you're asexual,t ehy often take it as a further challenge. I find guys who get girls easily sometimes want the challenge and find your complete indifference to their advances as an encouraging factor.

These things aren't signalling anything, but they're drawing people's attention and they're acting on that attention. This cannot really be helped.

Victims sometimes come across as weak to people and are thus targeted, but sometimes a criminal does just do it for the buzz, in those cases they will go for stronger people. Even if it means they get their ass kicked. So at the end of the day you can't generalise things like that. I'm sure most of the people here are doing what they can do not attract such attention. no one wants that kind of attention; sexual or not.

Why would anyone call another person 'shorty'? What if they were actually really tall? Rappers do that in their music and it doesn't make any sense. And 'holla'ing at someone? That, to me, is like saying "I wanna yell in your face". People are so stupid.

Oi Tallie, I want to shout at you! ;) (I'm so in there)

.diva plavalaguna.

Reading this thread made me remember the most recent incident, but it probably wasn't me being hit on. I hope not. I was in walgreens with my dad and this random guy was like "excuse me, miss." I just ignored him because if there is one thing I've learned, it's not to talk to strangers. I thought I had lost him, but later on we kinda found each other (heh) again and he was all, "you are really beautiful." And I think he said something about god but I really can't remember. :x I was just like "....okaaayyyy" *goes back to looking at cards* And the guy got all offended and said, "I'm just trying to make your day brighter." I'm all like lolwut. Sorry I'm not flattered by random compliments, but I can't even stand when people I like do that.. and I'm not exactly the most socially comfortable person. -.-;

The other time I was walking down a VERY busy street to the KFC (don't judge me, I was hungry!) I'm almost there when this loser comes down the street on my side using that tired ass "let me holla at you" line. I just ignore the guy and keep walking, as far away from the street as I can. He drives on and I think he's gone on, but this fucktard TURNS HIS CAR AROUND and comes back on the other side of the street, slowing down and trying to get my number! I just kept on ignoring the fool.

It absolutely pisses me off that I can't even go get some nasty chicken without having to worry about the next asshole who's going to try and make a move on me. Why must idiots breed and make moooore idiots ugghhh OTL.

The other time I was walking down a VERY busy street to the KFC (don't judge me, I was hungry!)

Who would judge? KFC is fantastic. :P

Gho St Ory Qwan

I think I've put these on Aven somewhere before but whatever.

Spoilered to make space.

I was once in my mates dorm room watching Friends and eating grub. Then he starts cuddling me. Now I have my affectionate moments so I was fine with this and cuddled back, as I do with friends sometimes. Then he started lying down I guess you could say it became spooning, but hey that's one way to see the tv while both lying down. So nothing unusual to me.

Apparently I wasn't picking up on the vibes and he resorted to saying he was incredibly horny. And how he had had a sexual dream about me last night. And then even said it'd be easy to rape me and I should probably go as he was getting horny enough to want to.

I was like; 'ok dude you're horny, no need to take it far. All you need is some alone time.' (I actually thought he wanted me to leave so he could wank... >.> ) And I left him. He got upset I didn't respond to that weird-ass invite for sex and hasn't really spoken to me properly since.

Another time, I was at a house party and this incredibly good looking guy took a shine to me. he must have known he was good looking because he had that twinkle in his eye that said he couldn't fail. Unfortunately his approach was just... bad.

He was flirting the whole time I guess but I was drunk so I wasn't really sure how, I just got the slight vibe. I had to say to him at one point that I can't read hints and just take things at face value in hopes he'd stop flirting and go on to someone who wouldn't essentially be wasting his time. But he decided to test me.

Him: What would you do if I said there was a bed upstairs?

Me: Oh well if you're tired I don't mind you going to bed. ^_^

Him: What if I said there was a bed for you and me?

Me: but I'm not tired... You can go if you want though. =D

Him: Ok, [laughs] what if, I said there was a bed upstairs for you and me, with chicken!

Me: [blank stare] ...why would you have chicken in bed? It'd be all greasy and ruin the bed...

he found my response funny but I didn't actually get what he'd meant until a few weeks later when I asked an older uni mate. >_<

I've had my fair share of stalkers (as in they watch me leave the house and enter it and try to meet me as much as possible based on this. Or one stranger who followed me around and if I stopped walking and turned to look at him he'd stop still and stare until I moved for him to follow again. He was probably monitoring my timetable as he appeared more and more, and basically made the entire journey to and from college with me. I've no idea why. Sometimes I think I see him now. ='[)

I also have had my fair share of guys slowing down their cars to 'take me home' or asking where I live, or if I'm free to watch something or have a meal or go to theirs. I had one guy ask me if I was going home from school and I told him I was 19 and he looked disappointed and said I wasn't that old and asked if I wanted him to take me to his after school. >.> (So disgusting when people show interest because they think you're underage.)

MÃ¥skemigselvetsted

Another time, I was at a house party and this incredibly good looking guy took a shine to me. he must have known he was good looking because he had that twinkle in his eye that said he couldn't fail. Unfortunately his approach was just... bad.

He was flirting the whole time I guess but I was drunk so I wasn't really sure how, I just got the slight vibe. I had to say to him at one point that I can't read hints and just take things at face value in hopes he'd stop flirting and go on to someone who wouldn't essentially be wasting his time. But he decided to test me.

Him: Ok, [laughs] what if, I said there was a bed upstairs for you and me, with chicken!

Me: [blank stare] ...why would you have chicken in bed? It'd be all greasy and ruin the bed...

he found my response funny but I didn't actually get what he'd meant until a few weeks later when I asked an older uni mate. >_<

Would it be very bad if I thought this was funny when it's in the "Worst way you have been hit on"- thread? :blush:

But I like your responses ^_^

Do I want to know what "chickens" means?

SilveryStars

Unfortunately, I attract the creepers. Here are just a few of the gems.

1. My old apartment had a bunch of maintenance men & painters that must have never seen a female before in their life. Everyday, when I was walking my dog they would stop what they were doing and proceed to stare at me very creepily. The worst of it was one day when one of them was mowing the grass. He honked the lawnmower horn at me and then proceeded to make thrusting motions. Sooooo creepy. <_<

2. Another of the guys who worked there seemed nice enough. He would wave and say hi. Well, one day he was telling me about his band and said I should come to their concert. I said okay because I like music. Well, I gave him my number to let me know when they were playing and he starts texting me and calling me all the time. Net thing I know he starts telling me how we have great flow and asking me out and stuff. He was more than twice my age and had kids, so I told him I wasn't interested. The weirdest part of all this was that he seemed to know certain things about me, like things I like and am interested in that I never told him. My brother one day pointed out that he was the maintenance man and did have keys to every apartment...

3. One time I went to a bookstore with three friends. There was a random man there who my friends pointed out was checking me out. I got grumpy because I hate random men checking me out. Well, they saw that man leave and we proceeded to walk to a different part of the store. Well, one of my male friends notices that the creeper has returned and is staring at me from the opposite shelf. This repeats in three different sections of the store. Whenever one of my friends looked at him he glare at then. Whenever, I looked at him he would turn away. Finally, we had to leave.

4. This is actually just a funny one. I was walking downtown and there were two boys about my age. One was carrying a large bag filled with something.

Boy: We can split the contents of this. *points to bag which I realize is probably filled with cans*

Me: Errr sorry

Boy: Wanna head back to my squathouse and share a wet sleeping bag and a dry 40?

Me: :lol: No thanks.

Sockstealingnome

Would it be very bad if I thought this was funny when it's in the "Worst way you have been hit on"- thread? :blush:

But I like your responses ^_^

Do I want to know what "chickens" means?

I would like to know what chicken means.

Archived