Does anyone do the ring thing?

I might start wearing one if I find a cheap black ring somewhere, but I probably won't specifically seek one out. It would be kinda neat to have a symbol to identify myself to other aces with, though.

I found a cheap little ring with a pebble on it :] I just coloured the pebble with a black sharpie, and it's holding up pretty well :]

Mine's lots of black gems strung around three elastic circles of some sort, attached together. It's thick, scratchy and I still love it. ^^ It catches on quite a lot of stuff, but I'm hoping it'll last a while, since it'll stretch as I grow older. I've only worn it a couple days, and I'm almost constantly touching or fiddling with it in conversations. It's a huge comfort, since practically nobody knows my 'actual' orientation. c:

You wouldn't think so, but it really is hard to find just a plain black ring. I went through what seems a million shops before settling for the elasticated one, which I'd probably love more than just a hematite one anyway.

AmoebaAlice

So, I've still not decided what I want to do with the one I baught that doesn't fit, BUT I have now narrow my new search down to a few.

I love heavy metal rings, like steel and tungsten, they have a really good weight to them, so that's what I'm looking for. Unfortunately their popularity is a somewhat new thing, so most of my searches brought up 8mm (men's) rings which are too wide for my taste. But I managed to find these:

A01L_1_20101126_2b3d5f23-9f43-4119-8a32-27310417a87c138878.jpg

- a cheap spinner ring because I like to play with mine... but I dunno how durable this one's going to end up being...

62_thumb_G_1269945413533.jpg

- a 5mm Ladies Black Stainless Steel & CZ ring, and:

41BgdWjalqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

- 6MM Tungsten Carbide Black Wedding Band Beveled Ring

I think I like the last one best. Amazon has a bunch of plain ones too, but you have to sift through millions of huge oversized men's ones to get to the ones that are thinner

frozen moment

Just curious.. by the sounds of things quite a few aces wear black rings.

Does anyone tell others what their ring means, or is it just a private symbol?

I would love for if the black ring on right middle finger was a well-known symbol and I could wear it proudly and the general public would know what it meant. As it is, I wear my ring sometimes and only two people (my best friends) know that it means something to me.

yayitscaroline

This is the ring I just bought off amazon:

31AELOB0lEL._AA300_.jpg

I really like it. I feel like caters to my asexuality and gender fluid/genderqueer since its got the little male AND female symbols on it c:

...Though now that I think about it, those might mean being heterosexual xD. Oh well, if someone inquires about it I'll just explain my interpretation of it anyway.

I got a black one with the aces on it, as in Meilani's picture. (if anyone wonders, I got it off a certain site named 'bodypunks' iirc)

Used to wear it all the time, then I started wearing black gloves all the time, and the combination doesn't feel good on my fingers :P Nowadays it's just treasured and worn occasionally. :)

ShamefulMetaphors

So, I've still not decided what I want to do with the one I baught that doesn't fit, BUT I have now narrow my new search down to a few.

I love heavy metal rings, like steel and tungsten, they have a really good weight to them, so that's what I'm looking for. Unfortunately their popularity is a somewhat new thing, so most of my searches brought up 8mm (men's) rings which are too wide for my taste. But I managed to find these:

A01L_1_20101126_2b3d5f23-9f43-4119-8a32-27310417a87c138878.jpg

- a cheap spinner ring because I like to play with mine... but I dunno how durable this one's going to end up being...

I may have bought that exact one. I got it from Buy.com. I've been wearing it for 2-3 days. The black top ring doesn't sit straight on the inside silver one (it constantly wobbles up and down). As far as having something to spin when you're bored, it doesn't spin very evenly and catches. It's fun to mess with when it's off your finger as a gyroscope so I'm constantly taking it off. Because of this, it has gotten noticeably looser since I got it 2-3 days ago (the rings snap together). Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

211081548.jpg

^Mine

The black ring thing never ceases to amuse me. And yes, I wear one sometimes, when I'm in the mood or going to a meetup.

I've been wearing a black ring on my middle finger but had no idea about this. I guess it REALLY suits me now. Mine is a celtic style silver ring with black nail polish on it.

Ninjapandaperson

I just got mine yesterday at Aldo!

It looks like |silver|black|silver|

The silver kinda reflects the black…

And I am confused about ring etiquette…

Do I take it off when washing my hands?

And I am confused about ring etiquette…

I don't know if there's any etiquette about it... Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't... But I prefer to take if off, I think it is more hygienic and comfortable. :)

I don't have any black ring, but I would like to have one. I have never found a cheap one I like. And I don't feel like buying one and painting it with black nail polish, I'm too afraid to screw up.

However I found a very cheap (3,50€) Ace of Spade ring on a website! Sadly it's french and I don't think they sell overseas.

Wineblood

It's personal preference really. I take mine off because it's quite big and is slightly too big for my finger, it's just easier to take it off sometimes.

Possibility_Girl

I have a silver Celtic knot ring that I've painted black. I bought in Ireland years ago for no real reason and have barely taken it off ever since; people have always asked me if there's any significance to it and I've always been rather disappointed to have to say that there wasn't. Now, with a change of colour, I finally have an answer to that question! And if I don't fancy answering it... well, painting a ring black on a whim is exactly the kind of thing I'd do anyway. :)

bunny_euphoria

You saw mine this morning :) I wore it today

acerings.jpg

That one

Where did you find This? Its beautiful:-) I'd Ike to find one with an ace band but a pride triangle...Or vicaversa...I smell a new tattoo coming on...

Is it this one? Because that is perfect! I am getting this for sure!

Yes. :)

Must say btw, mine has gotten quite scratchy in 0.5-1 year of daily use (something like that), but then again it's pretty cheap. (less so if you have it shipped to holland, though :P)

Queen-Of-Spiders

My parents gave me my black ring for Christmas a year ago and I never, ever take it off. It's a solid black hematite ring, no special markings or anything. I've explained its meaning to a fair amount of people, too.

Now I'm saving up my money for THIS little gem:

2010.05.28_13.58.57_Ring_LIFAD_black_F170.jpg

Reasons why this ring is amazing:

1. The ring is official Rammstein merchandise, and Rammstein is my all time favorite band.

2. It's not meant as an ace ring, but it says "Liebe ist fur alle da" on it(one of Rammstein's CD titles). This is German for "Love is there for everyone" - absolutely perfect, no ?

3. IT'S BEAUTIFUL.

The only downside is it's rather pricey at 69 EUR (which Yahoo's currency converter informs me is $102, good god), but damnit, that ring WILL be mine someday.

acerings.jpg

That one

That's absolutely beautiful..where did you get it?

Blue_Eyeshine

acerings.jpg

That one

Plan on getting one soon! :cake:

I plan on getting a black ring soon, but I only wear one ring and I never take it off. It's copper and so beautiful. I might only feel that way because I made it, though.

acerings.jpg

That one

Man, if I had that ring, I'd never keep misplacing mine and having to get new ones every few months.

I just bought a cheap little black flower ring, it's very pretty though <3

2cp2iqs.jpg

If I do turn out to be assexual I think it's something I'd want to wear. I wear a lot of rings, frequently - except now, since I left them in another country, and it's already winding me up... - and in recent months, a lot of revelations about myself have made it clear that I want to be proud of who I am. Norse paganism, for example.

BecomeTheFuture

I wear it. Just a simple black hematite band, nice and tight. I very rarely take it off nowadays, I want it to catch on. Also, I'm fairly certain it was specifically the RIGHT middle finger, anybody remember the source thread?

I did not know about this. Normally I hate jewelry but I have a little ring I've worn for... 11 years now? My sister gave it to me to be a "promise ring" but now that I know I'm asexual there's not much point in it, I just wear it out of habit. It's got a little flower on it and is gold so I don't think I could get it to transfer over. I am very interested in doing this now, though.

That Lord of the Rings one is tempting me. I have to debate between price and the desire to make this statement...

misscuriosity

What's the whole point of wearing a black ring when majority people don't even know what Asexuals are?