Does anyone do the ring thing?

I'm not a jewelry guy, so no.

If I ever were to wear something though, the black ring would be on my list on considerations. Anything involving piercing is right out.

I pretty much wear mine all the time except for when playing sports. I originally had a hematite one, but within the first week it broke. I now have a sterling silver band, with a black band in the middle of it that wraps around.

Cyber_Nemesis

I like the idea of it I might think about gettin one. Simple easy to put on/take off and not too far out there.

SquirrelCat

I have one, it's black with silver two silver stripes.

I wear it pretty much all the time unless my hands are in contact with water, because it's a little two big and will fall off if I get my hands wet... I'll try to find one with a better fit.

Qutenkuddly

I might actually consider wearing one, but I'm the only ace in the village. :)

I've got a black bead ring that's sewn together my friend gave me for my birthday in 07. Forgot about it then found it while cleaning. I hardly wore rings so I don't really wear it.

Beyourownspotlight

I wear mine all the time, except when I'm in the shower. Mines, just a plain black band. Simple but nice I guess.

I wear mine all the time, except when I'm in the shower. Mines, just a plain black band. Simple but nice I guess.

sorry double post I didn't mean that D:

Double posts merged. RandomDent, co-mod.

Edited by RandomDent
Member33070

I often wear what I refer to as a "kinky" black ring. It really is kinky - it has a sort of wiggly shape that looks like it has a bunch of kinks in it.

It's made of solid black agate and I got it at my local fossil and gem shop. :)

I have a solid stainless steel black one, with one tiny little quartz gem set into it. It's absurdly comfortable for a stainless steel ring-my Equality ring from NMB doesn't even compare-and I wear it pretty much all day unless I'm working in lab and have gloves on.

I had a graduation ring from High School that I lost in the snow one day. :( It was white gold with a green emrald stone in it.

I want to buy mine, but i still haven't yet... I have skin alergies to some metals like silver... Steel is good, and i'm not going to have problems with that...

Tonight I'm going to buy one, but I want it to be something permanent and not sensitive,,,but just black!!!

Edited by GirlDreamer
Deleted double text.

I really want to get a ring, but I'm waiting for xmas. I have a slight obsession with rings in general, so I thought I'd design my own.

I think the design I'll go with has two prongs of metal diverging from the band into a trident-like design with trillion fire opals or citrines on the end of the prongs. Perhaps with an oval fire opal set into the band right before the two metal prongs diverge. We'll see what it looks like in an autocad-like program. Since it's a worked-metal ring, I'll probably need to have it coated to make it black (like rhodium plating for white gold). And of course I'd have to go to a local jeweler to get it made.

Yeah, it will probably cost more than I should pay for a ring. What can I say, rings tend to be my vice.

I'm just a bit excited :)

Random Happenstance

I dug out an old black ring (it's an old mood ring that no longer changes colour) as soon as I found out about this. Will get a better one as soon as possible, but for now I'm wearing this one everyday (and it actually fits on the right finger. Yay).

I used to wear a silver signet ring with a large onyx stone set in the top

but saddly my fingers thinned out and well long story short the ring is now sadly in need of repair ^^'

I want to buy mine, but i still haven't yet... I have skin alergies to some metals like silver... Steel is good, and i'm not going to have problems with that...

Tonight I'm going to buy one, but I want it to be something permanent and not sensitive,,,but just black!!!

Heads up you cant actually be allergic to silover its the concentration of nickel they mix into the metal else it stays rediculously soft.

Most silver jewlery is made with nickel but zinc is also used should keep an eye out for it or ask around jewlers they should know the make up of the metals their selling off.

I wear a three-piece silver ring glaced with some black material sometimes, like at parties or just when dressing up a bit. It's pretty much my only piece of jewelry. I find it to be a comfort when I'm among people who don't know how I "function".

amazon.com has a black tungsten rings. I have the faceted version. It gets noticed.

I wear a hematite ring on the thumb of my left hand. Women wearing a thumb ring is indicate of being gay and given that it's a black ring for asexuality, I think it represent my homoromantic asexuality pretty well ;) :cake:

AmoebaAlice

http://www.2buybestprice.com/images/8MM-Concave-Black-Laser-Etched-Tungsten-Carbide-Ring-Wedding-Band-Size-10.5.jpg

8MM Concave Black Laser Etched Tungsten Carbide Ring Wedding Band (I ordered from amazon)

that's what I ordered recently. I wear rings all the time and I find my hands superheat them, and they end up getting bent. The exception is my grandmother's gold family ring. that one's never bent out of shape. so, while this one might be pricey, I'm hoping I wont have to keep bending it back into a circle shape.

Also, I'm amused that out of my search for black rings, the one I liked best happened to be a wedding band.

PrettyPandora

Just ordered my first black ring from Amazon; I'm pretty excited about it! I doubt anyone would ask me what it means. Has anyone ever had to explain their ring? If so, what did you say and what reaction did you get?

Just ordered my first black ring from Amazon; I'm pretty excited about it! I doubt anyone would ask me what it means. Has anyone ever had to explain their ring? If so, what did you say and what reaction did you get?

Hoo boy, not exactly. But once I went out with some friends and notcied that one of the girls was wearing a black ring just as I do. After waiting about half an hour for the perfect opportunity to ask her about it, this happened:

Me: What a pretty ring! *a bit too strained voice*

Her: Thanks! I bought it on my vacation. :)

Me: ...

Her: ... :)

Me: ...Does it...mean anything?

Her: Huh? No, I just think it's pretty. :)

Me: Oh...um...'cause I'm wearing one too... *shows hand* ...for...symbolic reasons.

Her. Okay. :)

AmoebaAlice

when I was looking for mine if I had come across a black rings with ace cards on it, I would've gotten that instead. Personally I think that's what we should change it to. something like this:

R-2050.jpg

except black, not silver, with white or purple aces of a sort (all the way around). So we can readily identify who's just wearing a black ring for fun, and who's wearing it as a symbol. Also, I think the AVENStore should totally sell them :lol:

AmoebaAlice

I am disappointed. My ring was delivered today, and it's nothing like what I thought it was by the picture. And it's supposed to be a 9 but it only fits my size 8 fingers.... and it's too wide. It's a beautiful ring otherwise, but... it's not right -_-' It's not even all the way black like the picture implies. It's rimmed in silver.

*sigh. when I get money again I'm going to buy a professional ring sizer from amazon, and then decide if I want to send it back, give it away, or sell it and find another that does fit.

I want to buy a black ring despite the fact I don`t like using rings lol and after this topic I decided to buy the one of lord of rings . I found it on ebay for 30 dollars

when I was looking for mine if I had come across a black rings with ace cards on it, I would've gotten that instead. Personally I think that's what we should change it to. something like this:

R-2050.jpg

except black, not silver, with white or purple aces of a sort (all the way around). So we can readily identify who's just wearing a black ring for fun, and who's wearing it as a symbol. Also, I think the AVENStore should totally sell them :lol:

I was totally looking for a ring like that on EBAY when I first started originally looking for one, and could never find one I liked.

FindingMyself

I wear them. I got mine from Amazon for $50 and its plain black. I tried to find one with a message on it but couldnt find it. I feel naked without it lol