Isn't it hard to find Asexual MEN?

misscuriosity

Just checked Plenty of Fish again...still only one asexual-declaring male on there (out of 30 million people...) ah well...

It might have been me :redface: ...I know when I tried those dating sites (and a lot of them), only one had "asexual" as a choice (And I've long since lost the passwords/forgotten the sites to check). Everything else was straight, bisexual, or homosexual. It's a public view; no one knows about it.

However, I am finding that just looking at the Meetup Mart here and seeing how many people post in your state/nearby areas is surprising. Down here in crappy South Carolina, it's surprised me a lot. Beginning of last year, there was a thread for SC and only two other people posted. There's one for the coast right now that has six or seven different people. Sure, it's tiny; but it's something (and gender mostly unknown).

Granted, I just think trying to draw attention to the fact is the best to find other aces in your area. Wear the black ring and see who notices. Get a button or scarf that looks like the flag. Just do something subtle.

Oh, and ace male here ;)

It's like looking at the Winnipeg one. It's all "BC! AB! TORONTO!" you mention Winnipeg, there's a slight mumble and a single woot from the back of the room

It's like looking at the Winnipeg one. It's all "BC! AB! TORONTO!" you mention Winnipeg, there's a slight mumble and a single woot from the back of the room

I bet the Saskatchewan members are thinking this as well. XD

• 2 weeks later...

I bet the Saskatchewan members are thinking this as well. XD

That's because it's too cold here in the 'Peg. We're all hibernating for the winter.

Gho St Ory Qwan

It's still funny when people complain "It's cold outside" "Ya, it's January, derp"

Better than when people complain it's warm outside, then as soon as the weather gives them the rain they so love they moan about that. I swear people in Britain gain energy from moaning.

I am male and have never wanted to have sex with anybody. Self gratification was the only release of sexual tension until a few years ago. I met and became very close emotionally with my wife before even considering a sexual relationship. She is sexual, but I feel the emotional relationship is more important to her than the sexual, as do I. I am able to fulfill her needs, although it seems I am never the one to initiate sex. I very much enjoy giving her that pleasure, but for me, without the strong emotional connection I would not be able. I find it more gratifying waking up in the morning sexually aroused, and just being close with her. If she wants it OK, but to be honest, most of the time I like best when she just touches, gives it a gentle squeeze and says "later" This is not frustrating to me, it has never happened that I wanted sex and she did not. I am not sure what this makes me. I never questioned my sexuality before but I know this is not "normal male behavior" That maybe I am closer to asexual than to heterosexual. I know I am also not the first male to feel as I do.

It's still funny when people complain "It's cold outside" "Ya, it's January, derp"

Better than when people complain it's warm outside, then as soon as the weather gives them the rain they so love they moan about that. I swear people in Britain gain energy from moaning.

Yep,us Brits do it the best.If after all the years spent looking for an alternative more green fuel source to power our planet,they found out that moaning is a viable source,then this nation will prosper like no other.And the more power we create,the more,dull,drab and lifeless relity shows and soaps we can produce.Thus causing the nation to moan twice fold.It's a win,win situation really.

Just checked Plenty of Fish again...still only one asexual-declaring male on there (out of 30 million people...) ah well...

It might have been me :redface: ...I know when I tried those dating sites (and a lot of them), only one had "asexual" as a choice (And I've long since lost the passwords/forgotten the sites to check). Everything else was straight, bisexual, or homosexual. It's a public view; no one knows about it.

However, I am finding that just looking at the Meetup Mart here and seeing how many people post in your state/nearby areas is surprising. Down here in crappy South Carolina, it's surprised me a lot. Beginning of last year, there was a thread for SC and only two other people posted. There's one for the coast right now that has six or seven different people. Sure, it's tiny; but it's something (and gender mostly unknown).

Granted, I just think trying to draw attention to the fact is the best to find other aces in your area. Wear the black ring and see who notices. Get a button or scarf that looks like the flag. Just do something subtle.

Oh, and ace male here ;)

I think the male was in Mexico...so maybe there are 2 in 30 million now, yay! :)

I tried wearing the black ring at work and no-one came out to me...I did manage to get "asexual" added as an option though when we had to complete a Diversity Declaration Survey (the Equalities Officer was most apologetic that it had been missed off there...)

It is funny when people tell me that it is too cold to snow....... Have they not been to the artic?

When I worked at an airport, a red-faced man approached the desk, positively foaming around the mouth, either that or he'd forgot to wipe the shaving cream off his face. He complained loudly about a flight being diverted to Manchester, I explained that it was because of the fog. At this news, he stood up, full square above me, tucked his clenched fists under his sides, and bellowed, "So what are you going to do about the fog" (Erm ... huh....Yea...WTF.. I thought)

With a straight face, I replied, "We are talking to fog control right now Sir"

I thought he would either see the joke or hit the desk with his fist. But no, he shrugged his shoulders, muttered something undecipherable and trudged away.

It is funny when people tell me that it is too cold to snow....... Have they not been to the artic?

When I worked at an airport, a red-faced man approached the desk, positively foaming around the mouth, either that or he'd forgot to wipe the shaving cream off his face. He complained loudly about a flight being diverted to Manchester, I explained that it was because of the fog. At this news, he stood up, full square towards me, tucked his clenched fists under his sides, and bellowed, "So what are you going to do about fog" (Erm ... huh....Yea...WTF.. I thought)

I thought he would either see the joke or hit the desk with his fist. But no, he shrugged his shoulders, muttered something undecipherable and trudged away.

Hello Acey,my Dad makes the same remark about the snow/cold thing to.I tried to tell him that the Penguins(or are they the Antarctic)certainly don't look like they have their swimming costumes and sunglasses on whenever I watch the David Attenborough shows.

When I worked at an airport, a red-faced man approached the desk, positively foaming around the mouth, either that or he'd forgot to wipe the shaving cream off his face. He complained loudly about a flight being diverted to Manchester, I explained that it was because of the fog. At this news, he stood up, full square towards me, tucked his clenched fists under his sides, and bellowed, "So what are you going to do about fog" (Erm ... huh....Yea...WTF.. I thought)

Hello Acey,my Dad makes the same remark about the snow/cold thing to.I tried to tell him that the Penguins(or are they the Antarctic)certainly don't look like they have their swimming costumes and sunglasses on whenever I watch the David Attenborough shows.

Dads, bless em.... :)

Lol, I am still chuckling from the 30s thread and your former career.............. that, my dear, is class, bless you. :)

my_name_is_coco

Isn't it hard to find Asexual WOMEN?

IMHO i think it's harder to find asexual men.

Isn't it hard to find Asexual WOMEN?

IMHO i think it's harder to find asexual men.

Maybe I'm to scared to look. :blush:

That is AWESOME! :lol:

Ya know what? In my neck of the woods, it's actually not that hard to find asexual women. Finding asexual women who are not HALF MY AGE, well, that's another thing altogether. :P

It's interesting how many familiar faces pop up when you do a search on the term 'asexual' in OKCupid. 'Course, none of 'em are near me. Nyerg.

Anyone use platonic partners?

It's never occurred to me to try it. I might just do so, though; I'm not having any luck any other way.

It's never occurred to me to try it. I might just do so, though; I'm not having any luck any other way.

In follow up, I found all of two people listed for Canada on that site. As it's a paysite, methinks I'll give it a miss. :P

In follow up, I found all of two people listed for Canada on that site. As it's a paysite, methinks I'll give it a miss. :P

Don't they give you air tickets with the first date, tee hee...... Perhaps we ought to alert the World Wildlife Fund, that Canadian Asexuals are becoming an endangered species.

The AVEN website helped reintroduce asexuals to Britain again, now there is a thriving colony of Britainus-asexualus, unfortunately, they're all pups :(

• 10 months later...

Of course it would be hard to find them since you have to ask. It's like asking if it's hard to find someone who loves broccoli more than cake. You can never know what someone thinks or what their mindset is until you ask. And even then they may not know themself.

So only way is asking and at most it's 1% of population which is 50% men which would translate into 0,5% men if it's even numbers, by reading here it seems like more females are asexuals. That would mean you need to ask at least 200 random people about their sexual orientation and be lucky that they know for sure and tell the truth. It would be harder then hard.

There's 30-odd thousand people listed as members on this website so it seems there's plenty of us around, only problem is the worlds a biiiig place and so we're pretty spread out. Unless you live in a major city like London or New York its pretty unlikely that anyone's going to be nearby (which sucks). I think being prepared to relocate is the only answer. I've all but given up on finding an asexual girl near me, so once I've finished my degree (in two years) I will start searching further afield!

scottimus prime

I'm a guy who's ace and I've only recently joined AVEN and started to become familar with the community, but I've already met a few other male aces. It really helps to live near a large metropolitan area that's booming with people, and also that the local ace community is at least visible and social enough that they created a meetup group! Anyone who lives in/near a major city probably has tons of ace guys. However, the local community may not be visible and/or organized to the point where it's easy to identify them. Additionally, there are probably a ton of guys out there who either don't realize they are ace, don't want to identify as ace, and/or are afraid to admit to others that they are. Hell, I'm 31 years old and I *just* realized that this is who I am. I can only imagine all of the people in the world who are struggling with their sexual orientation and are too afraid to say anything about it.

The Great WTF

Please do not reply to threads that are more than six months old. If you wish to start a new discussion on this subject, feel free to, but I am going to lock this thread.

The Great WTF

Asexual Relationships Moderator

Archived