Isn't it hard to find Asexual MEN?

misscuriosity

were you asking about asexual men or straight asexual men miss?

we do have a lot of gay men within aven possibly outnumbering straight men?

and of the males most that are here seem to be younger and on the discovery path

yes we do have a few males in aven..but not all are straight

Qutenkuddly

Any ideas/thoughts? Then we can go hunting. :D

I've never thought about that before...let me grab my Beretta 391! :lol:

Holy Crap! I'm going into hiding!

*ninja poof*

Thanks for the replies. I'm glad to know you guys exist. ;)

Questions:

Are you guys, Asexual men, actually attracted to women? What kind? (I'm just really curious!)

If your asking do I find someone better looking that someone else, then yes. But its equivelent to do you find this painting of a vase of flowers better looking than that one, just with a person. Nothing to do with what the average sexual man (I imagine) finds attractive in a woman.

If that makes sence?

Obviously personality plays a huge role as well.

I exist. I think :ph34r: Try finding identifying asexual biologists. There are only 2 of us I know of.

I'm a chemist! Well, I will be. That's close, right? :D

Come play in the science thread in the Politics and science forum. There are far to many physicists there. :ph34r:

infernalhell666

Hello dear ladies, look no further as I present, yours truly !!! :)

Rather pompous eh? lol. I just recently made a post about my experiences as an Asexual straight male :- http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?/topic/60128-a-straight-asexual-man-and-my-experiences/

I do agree with you, it is hard to meet fellow asexuals in real life, leave alone straight/single ones.

Thanks for the replies. I'm glad to know you guys exist. ;)

Questions:

Are you guys, Asexual men, actually attracted to women? What kind? (I'm just really curious!)

There are different types of attraction. Sexual and romantic are the most well known perhaps and I think people usually link those words to the term attraction.

I'm an asexual aromantic male, so I don't experience romantic or sexual attraction. I do however experience a more mental type of attraction, if I find that another person thinks the same way and on the same levels as I do. Such a thing is very rare in life for me, but I've noticed it has happened a few times before. The nature of such an attraction has had the effect of wanting to share more ideas with them because I've usually found myself alone with my thoughts in my surroundings. Gender doesn't play a role in it for me in any way, since I'm not interested in how they look like but more how they think like.

misscuriosity

were you asking about asexual men or straight asexual men miss?

we do have a lot of gay men within aven possibly outnumbering straight men?

and of the males most that are here seem to be younger and on the discovery path

yes we do have a few males in aven..but not all are straight

I was asking about straight asexual men. Sorry for the confusion.

misscuriosity

If your asking do I find someone better looking that someone else, then yes. But its equivelent to do you find this painting of a vase of flowers better looking than that one, just with a person. Nothing to do with what the average sexual man (I imagine) finds attractive in a woman.

If that makes sence?

Obviously personality plays a huge role as well.

Yes, that totally makes sense. I too think personality plays a huge role as well.

There are different types of attraction. Sexual and romantic are the most well known perhaps and I think people usually link those words to the term attraction.

I'm an asexual aromantic male, so I don't experience romantic or sexual attraction. I do however experience a more mental type of attraction, if I find that another person thinks the same way and on the same levels as I do. Such a thing is very rare in life for me, but I've noticed it has happened a few times before. The nature of such an attraction has had the effect of wanting to share more ideas with them because I've usually found myself alone with my thoughts in my surroundings. Gender doesn't play a role in it for me in any way, since I'm not interested in how they look like but more how they think like.

You know what? I have just learned that there were different types of asexual people after reading everyone's profiles and posts. This is very interesting. I do understand what you're saying. I'm glad there are men who thinks the way you think.

Im a straight asexual male. Im attracted to women very much.

I dont feel so rare though, I'm very attractive and met 10 different asexual women in my city and none of them wanted to be with me. so now im with a sexual woman and we dont have sex, but we love each other

test account

Gender doesn't play a role in it for me in any way, since I'm not interested in how they look like but more how they think like.

Just curious Samael... Do you get more excited about meeting a female who thinks like you than a male? Even if you don't care about looks, do you have an intellectual attraction to one gender over another? Or does it really not matter at all?

FrozenCherry

Im a straight asexual male. Im attracted to women very much.

I dont feel so rare though, I'm very attractive and met 10 different asexual women in my city and none of them wanted to be with me. so now im with a sexual woman and we dont have sex, but we love each other

LoL I have met you before :) :cake: (another forum)

So sometimes it is suprise when asexuality pops up somewhere else than Aven. It is rare anyway.

Ged of Earthsea

Questions:

I'm not sure what 'kind' means here. For a long time, I thought there was no pattern in whom I liked, but this isn't true. I like books; literature, and get along very well with other people who do. I also find it easy to get along and have long conversations with people who do or at least appreciate science. In general, people who are into 'culture' broadly construed. These should be personality traits you identify after knowing a person, but I've had some luck in being able to pick out such people in a crowd. I didn't think I cared about looks, but I realise this is not true. I like seeing colour and alternative but individual style on a person. It catches my attention. I'm not sure why, because my attire is usually nondescript. Oh, and short hair. Kills me.

Gender doesn't play a role in it for me in any way, since I'm not interested in how they look like but more how they think like.

Just curious Samael... Do you get more excited about meeting a female who thinks like you than a male? Even if you don't care about looks, do you have an intellectual attraction to one gender over another? Or does it really not matter at all?

Thanks for asking that. Now I have to probe my feelings a little deeper :)

Gender doesn't matter to me. But there are more to gender than the looks, ie. the physical differences. It has been found out that males and females typically process things differently, which implies a difference in cognitive attributes between the genders.

The target of the intellectual attraction is another person's mind, not their body. Provided that males and females have different thinking patterns, the way intellectual attraction is experienced will be different depending on the gender. I can feel intellectual attraction regardless of gender, even though it's experienced in a different way with males and females.

I've experienced intellectual attraction only a handful of times in my life, so there are not many occurances with which to continue comparing. The essential thing is though that if asked later on of which gender was the person who you "clicked with", I could hardly even remember which gender because intellectual compatability overrode such secondary matters :)

Well ... I exist. In an effort to play fair, I wear my ace ring whenever I'm out of the house (With silver aces, see me and say hi)

LoL I have met you before :) :cake: (another forum)

So sometimes it is suprise when asexuality pops up somewhere else than Aven. It is rare anyway.

You know..I thought I'd seen aj before some where else too..aj have you ever used any cycling forums?

KestrelWings

Hmm... A-Bars. Someone suggested those up at the top (sort of) and it would be a great project... I'm sure they'd be very popular especially among romantic ace's XD

Bountiful Harvest

Hmm... A-Bars. Someone suggested those up at the top (sort of)

"Someone" has a name you know :angry: lol, I kid ;)

and it would be a great project... I'm sure they'd be very popular especially among romantic ace's XD

In all seriousness, are you taking the piss? Because I wasn't being serious.

A Long Time Ago

I sort of have an easy time finding them because they usually feel comfortable talking about those things around me as I both appear male (well, for one, my body is still very male) and because I seem to exude aceness (though I am not exactly ace).

I certainly hope so, otherwise, where the heck is my Prince Charming? Seriously.

I would say it's probably that they don't realize it, and are trying to be sexual more. There's definitely more pressure on guys in society to be sexual, it's associated with 'manliness'. Girls 'shouldn't' be sexual because then they're considered 'sluts'.

Yes, this is to say that sexuality is still largely a taboo. There are certain expectations that people so often and willingly enslave themselves to. For example a man isn't a man unless he is a sexual being and acts on those impulses. Or a woman isn't a decent woman if she embraces her sexuality. These kind of guidelines haunt the minds of average people, I think.

The Pixel Monk

I think, if asexual bio-males are going to have to dress up like Waldo (I love the books, the spines of mine are quite....erm...almost not there)...THE GUNS NEED TO BE PUT AWAY. o_o

It might just be that asexual men simply aren't as common as women, which brings us to the question of what "causes" asexuality. Have fun with that one!

I think, if asexual bio-males are going to have to dress up like Waldo (I love the books, the spines of mine are quite....erm...almost not there)...THE GUNS NEED TO BE PUT AWAY. o_o

What if they're water guns?

The Pixel Monk

Hmmmmmm...if proper Waldo colored water guns are also provided! Because a one-sided water gun fight is no fun.

ima asexual straight chipmunk

Ged of Earthsea

Hmmmmmm...if proper Waldo colored water guns are also provided! Because a one-sided water gun fight is no fun.

Better leave armed then. Next time someone posts asking how to find asexual (men): those guys dressed like Waldo, carrying a water pistol.

When I was younger, before discovering asexuality, I just thought my "troubles" were that I was very shy and needed to get to know a woman before even thinking of having sex. I just thought I needed a deeper connection, and no one-night stands. It wasn't until I made a deeper connection with a woman that I realized something was "wrong" when it came to try having sex. And it wasn't until a few months after that relationship ended that I came across AVEN. It wasn't that I was trying to hide my asexuality. It was that I didn't even have the concept. How would you know you liked cake if you had never even heard of such a thing?

Runawaybrain

I LOVE women and I'm asexual. I am at a stage in life where I would like to create a home, and I feel lonelier than ever. I've been going out with an asexual woman for a year, but I'm at the point of breaking up with her. We don't have any chemistry. It's so sad. I believe we look amazing together, but we are not mentally connected in any way shape or form. As an asexual male, if I don't have the sex, so I would like to have some mental action somehow. I'm also a romantic, so I would love to hugh, hold hands or even kissing. I need to know that the other person likes me somehow. I am shy, but I try to hide it. I act as if I'm in control while deep inside I would like some help from the lady to take me out of my shell.

I consider myself a victim of society. I have NEVER told anybody that I'm asexual. Everybody think I have sex with my girlfriend. I never tell them that I do or I don't. I just leave it to people's imagination. Being a single male in his late thirties is a course for me. People think I'm strange and half the world think I'm gay. I think I'm just like everybody else. I even think I'm more normal than most, but I just happen not to be married, and society doesn't accept that. I could say " f#@&" society, but I as a person can't say that. I confess that I want to be accepted by society, and would love to have a wife and kids, even if they are not mine. I feel wrong. I just want to have a normal life were nobody see me a the odd one. I really feel like my asexuality is stopping me from being me. Have you hear those people that say" I was born in the wrong body" or " I was suppose to be someone else" well, I believe I was meant to be sexual. I was born in the wrong mind or something. I want a relationship, a family, a home. I don't care if I have sex or not, but I want o love an be love. I want o feel it instead of doing it; in other words, YES!!! there are asexual romantic straight males out there. Where are you?

Qutenkuddly

Better leave armed then. Next time someone posts asking how to find asexual (men): those guys dressed like Waldo, carrying a water pistol.

I'm to come out of hiding only to dress up as Waldo and forever wander the earth armed with a 9 ml (milliliter, not millimeter)?

I think I'll just go back into hiding. :lol:

*ninja poofs once again* :ph34r:

Qutenkuddly

When I was younger, before discovering asexuality, I just thought my "troubles" were that I was very shy and needed to get to know a woman before even thinking of having sex. I just thought I needed a deeper connection, and no one-night stands. It wasn't until I made a deeper connection with a woman that I realized something was "wrong" when it came to try having sex. And it wasn't until a few months after that relationship ended that I came across AVEN. It wasn't that I was trying to hide my asexuality. It was that I didn't even have the concept. How would you know you liked cake if you had never even heard of such a thing?

I had much the similar journey, save that I didn't think I had any 'troubles' and it took me a few relationships to realize something was amiss.

Archived