Shaved Genitals

newton

arms, legs, armpits, most everywhere but the hair on my head. and i am about to have a little fun with the playground downstairs. instead of just trimming, i'm upgrading to STENCILS ^_^

I´m a girl and I shave my legs, armpits and partly shave down there. I have a cool stripe of hair in the middle. 8) I think this middle part looks odd and should be covered with hair. And I can´t imagine shaving so broken terrain. :lol:

And as for guys, I find more attractive shaved or trimmed genitals than hairy.

Silent_Silver

FWIW I prefer shaved genitals (landing strips are ok, too), but I don't prefer it out of a conscious attraction to anything pre-pubescent. I take offense to the inference that people who enjoy shaved genitals are pedophiles.

If I offended you with my comment, I apologize, that was not my intention. It is only what I am reminded of when genitals are completely hairless.

Asexual. All my partners have been the sort that shaved their pubic/armpit/leg/etc hair, though I actually prefer fur. It just looks better and more natural to me.

Ace Of <3 s

I shaved myself once a few months ago. It was horrible, I itched constantly until it grew back.

Personally I see no reason to shave unless it's medically necessary or if for some reason you want to. I don't think doing it to be more appealing/attractive to other people is a valid reason, especially when one partner makes/wants the other shave because they think pubic hair is 'gross'- not sexy. I agree that being shaved looks good, but it really ticks me off that not shaving is 'disgusting', especially for women. (The joys of double standards.) So basically, I will shave my legs if I'm wearing skirts or shorts because I will get dirty looks from *everyone* otherwise, but I won't shave under any other condition.

It's not terribly likely that I'll be dating anytime soon (I'd like to, but I'm not motivated to do anything about it yet), but if someone can't tolerate my hair, they're out. Only children who haven't gone through puberty are naturally bald down below, so the idea that a hair crotch is a 'turn off' is unreasonable at best. <_< I don't want to date someone who can't tolerate my body in it's natural state.

Edit: To clarify, since I put my foot in my mouth a lot: If someone does something like shaving or dressing a certain way to please their partner because they want to, I see no problem there. It's their right, it's one of many small gestures people make to help or maintain their relationship. One partner forcing the other to conform to their idea of what's sexy is what I'm against.

I am exactly the same as you in every way but one: I wouldn't expect partners to 'tolerate' my hair on say my legs and underarms (but I would for genitals). However I would hope they would tolerate the fact that it's quite a chore so I wouldn't be clean shaven all the time (actually probably being shaven would be a less often occurrence as I settle into a relationship :3)

never odd or even

yuk to genitals in general! i cant bear to shave so i wax. its like a 'take your anger out on your genitals' thing. although i only even get trimming done, and have never succeeded in getting it all off. like your one said, you cant tame the mane! i feel cleaner afterwards, which is odd i think.... i only ever do it when i'm irritated by it, or i have to go swimming or change amongst other people a lot.... which is much less now. as for legs, i couldnt give a shite, but others do, and so i just wax the front where people notice :lol: i actually bother to shave my armpits cause its ugly, again, joys of double standards...

BTW I find it hilariously ironic that the poster before me says he doesn't manscape, and his picture is "bad fur day".

Lulz.

Since when is hair fur? :V

According to Animal Atlas, hair and fur are the same thing, it's just we humans decided to seperate humans from the rest of the animal population by saying we have 'hair' and they have 'fur'. But they are terms that can be used interchangeably. Ah, my head and it's useless information-ness.

I learned something today!

BTW I find it hilariously ironic that the poster before me says he doesn't manscape, and his picture is "bad fur day".

Lulz.

Since when is hair fur? :V

According to Animal Atlas, hair and fur are the same thing, it's just we humans decided to seperate humans from the rest of the animal population by saying we have 'hair' and they have 'fur'. But they are terms that can be used interchangeably. Ah, my head and it's useless information-ness.

I learned something today!

I was thinking about this a minute ago!

We can all agree that cats and dogs have fur, right? And yet we describe them as "long hair" or "short hair" or "wire hair." And you don't pick dog fur off of your new coat, you pick dog hair off of it.

Wild stuff.

excuse me for saying so, but what a creepy topic. :blink:

i understand why we talk about things like masturbation and various sexual acts, but... really?! shaved vs. non-shaved pubic regions? why on earth is that anyone's business besides your own, and why does anyone care what others here do??

or maybe i'm just a prude. :mellow:

Na, it's a pretty fucking creepy topic, but it's also kind of amusing so :P

I do shave. I live in a tropical area (near one of the tropical rain forests) and have sensitive skin. I prefer to deal with a bit of razor burn than to deal with more serious problems due to humidity and hot climate. Plus I work seated all day. So, for me it IS a matter of hygiene and health. I do shave armpits because same problem and legs only if I'm going to wear a dress as it's a cultural thing here. This is why I love jeans, :P

I shave because body hair grosses me out. I don't care what society says or what the trend is, if I could be paid to keep my pubes I would still shave them.

excuse me for saying so, but what a creepy topic. :blink:

i understand why we talk about things like masturbation and various sexual acts, but... really?! shaved vs. non-shaved pubic regions? why on earth is that anyone's business besides your own, and why does anyone care what others here do??

or maybe i'm just a prude. :mellow:

Na, it's a pretty fucking creepy topic, but it's also kind of amusing so :P

I also find it amusing. And I am a little too open for my own good most of the time so I don't mind if others are, too. ^_^

I shave, fix eyebrows, do all that crap. Not wax though that's to painful. I always though both guys and girls did that until I moved to the US where apparently guys only shave if their athletes or gay XD

Obviously I don't mean all people, I'm just saying the general outlook by most Americans.

Guest member25959

I shave, fix eyebrows, do all that crap. Not wax though that's to painful. I always though both guys and girls did that until I moved to the US where apparently guys only shave if their athletes or gay XD

Obviously I don't mean all people, I'm just saying the general outlook by most Americans.

Taking the thread a little of topic. I pluck my eyebrows, infact I'd pluck pretty much anything if I have tweezers and bored enough, its becoming a habit :\

Silent_Silver

Taking the thread a little of topic. I pluck my eyebrows, infact I'd pluck pretty much anything if I have tweezers and bored enough, its becoming a habit :\

Being bored with tweezers is dangerous! My older sister once tried to pluck my legs when she was bored, we were in the car and I was asleep. Its not a pleasant way to wake up I tell ya!

mylittlehazmat

I want to remove it, permanently. I plan to, as well. I'm not sure when, though, hrm. Along with all the other body hair places that are oh so annoying, arm pits, lower legs ... GONE.

I actually fully shaved for the first time a couple days ago and I love it. I seriously love it. So much nicer looking and just ... ew, hair.

I shave because the hair bothers me. If I wasn't so sure that I'd look funny with absolutely no hair on my head, I'd probably shave that off, too. Maybe. But leg hair especially- just absolutely annoying. I like smooth things- not prickly leg hair. Not to mention, my leg hair tends to grow only in patches, so parts are smooth and parts are not. so, I just shave it off.

Vampyremage

When I'm not feeling lazy I shave, but honestly even though I prefer to be shaved down there, quite often I'm too unmotivated to really keep it properly shaved. Hopefully one day I'll be able to laser it all off so I don't have to worry about it any longer. Plus, I want to get an outer labia ladder but I don't want to get that until I finally get around to having the hair permanently removed.

I'll just add that it would be nice to have my genitals removed completely, not just the hair on them.

Possible TMI here :ph34r:

I do, because I hate it being messy and I get a lot of... stuff in between my periods, and then I get a really heavy first two days for my period and I dislike tampons :( It just grosses me out until I can take a shower.

I only shave my legs in the summer though, because I'm lazy XD

I do the exact same thing. When I'm bored I pluck the hair from my cheek then a hair from my chin and compare them. My chin hair is soooo thick o_0

I don't pluck my eyebrows much. I'm a pussy and a long time ago my ex plucked and waxed my eyebrows for prom. Most. Unpleasant. Hair removal experience. Ever.

Even more so when I shaved without using shaving cream >.>

I hate it how girls are supposed to shave to look "sexy", and guys don't have to. Like, does that make any sense? So guys can just be bushy, and not even trim down there, and we can't? Sorry but thats fucked up. On the other hand (I know I'm contradicting myself here 8)) , I rather would shave or wax or something, because I like to be hairless. I'm scared I might get infected down there. I tried shaving, but how the hell do you get a razor in uhhh...certain places? It itches, and grows back in just a couple days! So...thats kind of on hold until I can work up the courage to get wax... :redface:

Vampyremage

I hate it how girls are supposed to shave to look "sexy", and guys don't have to. Like, does that make any sense? So guys can just be bushy, and not even trim down there, and we can't? Sorry but thats fucked up. On the other hand (I know I'm contradicting myself here 8)) , I rather would shave or wax or something, because I like to be hairless. I'm scared I might get infected down there. I tried shaving, but how the hell do you get a razor in uhhh...certain places? It itches, and grows back in just a couple days! So...thats kind of on hold until I can work up the courage to get wax... :redface:

Some guys shave down there too. I'm not sure how expected it is, for males or females really, but I just thought I'd mention that.

I'm scared I might get infected down there. I tried shaving, but how the hell do you get a razor in uhhh...certain places? It itches, and grows back in just a couple days!

Unless you're careless when you shave and get little nicks all over your [expletive], it's unlikely it will get infected. I've been shaving for four or five years and I've never had an infection. Then again, other people might be more prone to infection, ingrown hairs, etc. To get around the razor issue, you can find disposable razors with swivel heads (The best I've found so far is Schick Quattro disposables). It's a bit tricky, but once you're used to it it's nothing. The itchiness become less of a problem too, because you get used to being bald down there. :lol: And yeah, it does grow back fast, which disgusts me. I'm trying to grow my hair (on my head) out so it's long, and it takes forever, yet my pubes grow back in a few days. Shaving them is my vendetta against them and the sexual-ness of the body. I only wish I could have a blowtorch to blast them off, as that would probably feel be more psychologically satisfying.

AnyOtherName

That's pretty much how I feel. I feel good when I look good and shaved legs look good, but I also like being hairy and what with being female I'm not allowed to have hairy legs in public. :rolleyes:

...Although it seems like you were talking more about 'certain places'. >.> I admit I've never tried, aside from that one time (again: ITCHY), but that's because a) I think shaved crotches are mildly creepy (personal opinion, not judging anyone who thinks otherwise), b) I'm not looking to impress anyone and c) I don't swim much and I'm not cut out for bikinis, so who cares if I have a hairy butt? :P (Er... apologies if that's TMI. Although, given the thread subject...)

Well, that, and I have an incredibly low threshold for pain and cannot comprehend getting subjecting myself to something like waxing for purely aesthetic reasons. (Never mind doing it down there!) I'm a wimp.

Gho St Ory Qwan

I just wonder how females keep it maintained when on their periods.

I guess I'm heavier than most but I assume everyone is not too different to me, so basically even changing a pad involves loads of toilet roll, and quick action and mini-heart attacks. I couldn't have a wax, or sit around trimming here, and shaving there, the places would be a pool of gross. =S

Also, I don't think the 'prepubescent' look is sexy, and it feels weird.

But I don't like hairiness either, but the genitalia isn't great looking anyway. I'd have thought you were more likely to get infections from shaving at it all the time; in case you nip yourself. (I'd assume its easy to nip yourself but meh, I'm clumsy so I know I would...) And ingrown hairs are an awful thing to consider having there.

I sometimes use hair removal cream but even then it pisses me off when it grows back so I don't bother for months. It starts growing back quickly, itches like hell and isn't actually that bad or long or anything when it IS there. So I don't really see the point. I stick to a trim every now and then if I can be arsed. It's purely on how I feel about it, sort of like my fringe. I'd not alter either for another, I'm the one who will have to live with the consequences after not they.

If I had a partner and they didn't like the hair I'd not really care much, unless maybe we decide both of us do hair removal. But I'd rather be lazy it let it look more natural. I'm more concerned with leg hairs because those will be around me the most (like if just sleeping or sitting close to each other). Even if I think guys leg hair is a lot and not cute, I don't ever fee like I could or would tell them to shave it off. Why make them go through all that effort all the time if they don't want or need to? It's only something I'll see or feel a few times, they'll be living with it constantly.

Au natural is good I'm sure...

Gho St Ory Qwan

With regards skirts and hairy legs; if you aren't particularly hairy like I, you can just get away with it. Luckily, I have random blonde hairs which I first started noticing on my legs, so figured I'd suit some blonde leg hairs, bleached the whole lot, and then ran around in a swim suit. No body noticed and when I pointed out my manly hairiness they thought it looked ok. Which is true, it looks bloody fine. I don't always colour them, I'm not very hairy so to me it looks kinda cute. lawl

If someone has a problem with it they can not look at me. Simple.

Gho St Ory Qwan

I'll just add that it would be nice to have my genitals removed completely, not just the hair on them.

Agreed!

Personally I find the stuff under the hair much more bothersome and unsightly than a bit of scruffy, weird, hair tbh.

ArcticVanguard

I'd shave, I'm just too lazy too. Tis why I don't shave my face either if I'm not having company or going anywhere :P The possible itching doesn't bother me since I already itch down there enough as it is ><

Archived