For 30-somethings and those around that age

test account

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

I just have to mention that I used to know someone who had a picture of the downstairs area of their SO on their desktop

Please tell me you mean "a file on the desktop" and not "as the desktop background"?...

Just now, miau said:

Please tell me you mean "a file on the desktop" and not "as the desktop background"?...

As a file on the desktop. It's not like I would have cared either way, I know what these things look like.

8 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

Homer you should rewrite the German national anthem to be about ducks.

But you folks couldn't read it...

Entigkeit und Recht und Federnheit... nope.

• Like 2

Q what is the only species remaining from the Cretaceous era 

the Pteroducktyl

• Like 1

Hi Cooper! Welcome. Occasionally we have productive conversations in this thread :P 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, SaturnOOO said:

Hi Cooper! Welcome. Occasionally we have productive conversations in this thread :P 

But not the previous dozen posts or so, eh?

Those pictures were weird....

1 minute ago, Midland Tyke said:

But not the previous dozen posts or so, eh?

Those pictures were weird....

Hahaha. Just a bit. But, Hey we're not here to judge, right? 😂😂 lol

Just now, Cooper86 said:

Hahaha. Just a bit. But, Hey we're not here to judge, right? 😂😂 lol

definitely! We try very hard to not be judgmental. And we usually succeed. 

Welcome, Cooper86! Have the traditional greeting around here. Cake..... :cake: :D Yum....

3 minutes ago, Midland Tyke said:

definitely! We try very hard to not be judgmental. And we usually succeed. 

Welcome, Cooper86! Have the traditional greeting around here. Cake..... :cake: :D Yum....

Cant say no to that! Haha. Merci!

One of the guys at work today said he was born in 1992. I was already in second grade that year. 

• Like 2

I deal with a lot of employee personal data, so I've adjusted to the idea that people born in the mid-90s are entering the workforce, but it's going to be very hard to adjust to seeing people born this century getting hired in full time jobs. :mellow:

• Like 1
Elftober Country

We have an influx of trainees every year that are employed full-time, they are usually between 17-18 years old :mellow:

Also...

Spoiler

962b92a45f777f8e956cb5ede398daff-650x330

• Like 3

The other intern at my office was born in 92 and sometimes this weirds me out a little, especially since he has seniority over me. But he's smart and knows his shit, so I am mostly just ignoring his age.

But the idea of working with people just out of high school freaks me out. I think I am happy that it's generally not viable in my sector.

• Like 1
flagsforhippos

:unsure: please, can we stop with the freaky morphed animal pics - I'm gonna have nightmares !! do you want me to wet the bed tonight? Well, do you?!

*has snakeduck flashback* :(

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Cooper86 said:

In my job i manage people born in 2000-2001. Its depressing as hell lol

Many of the people I work with are 15+ years younger than me. So young!

I've just started working as a PhD student, and unlike most I worked for years before this. Most of them are 22/23 and went straight from uni to masters to PhD -- even though the age difference is relatively small I definitely feel it! It was when I realised I work with someone who was born in 1997....and that I remember 1997 quite clearly....

Anyway, hi. I'm not quite 30 but still feel like I'm close enough to join this thread (28 soon). I'm from England. I realised I'm asexual not long ago -- I knew that I was somewhat odd to be a 27 year old virgin who'd never had a boyfriend, but dismissed it as something to do with social anxiety. I never even thought about the possibility of asexuality, but then I realised that although I frequently get crushes on people, the thought of sex to me is really....well, you all know! Whenever someone showed the slightest bit of interest in me I'd immediately retreat, as I really didn't want to have sex with them....then my friend suggested that I might be ACE and I thought "that makes a lot of sense!".

It's nice to meet ya'll :) 

• Like 6

Welcome @cathkenzie! I hear you on the dismissing a lack of sex/relationships on social anxiety. That was one of my many excuses over the years, along with things like being unattractive, having too high standards, being too depressed, etc. It wasn't until I was 30 or 31 that I considered I might be asexual.

• Like 1