For 30-somethings and those around that age

test account

Elftober Country

I loved developing film when I was at college. It was a really special experience, except for that one time I ended up in A&E... :ph34r:

• Like 2
Elftober Country

I wish!  Accident & Emergency :o

Elftober Country

I'm sure it was very entertaining when I emerged from the darkroom covered in blood :ph34r:

32 minutes ago, October Country said:

I'm sure it was very entertaining when I emerged from the darkroom covered in blood :ph34r:

Was it yours?

Or another sacrifice victim?

• Like 1
Elftober Country

Jeez! You threaten to push one guy off a mountain and all of a sudden you're stuck with a completely unfounded reputation. 

• Like 4

If you do that, your reputation can only fall :P:P

• Like 1
Elftober Country

Any popularity I have would certainly take a nosedive :P 

bluedragonwings
On 10/23/2017 at 1:23 PM, October Country said:

Well they were asking for it. I mean they were practically pouring the developer into the fixer. I am sure the jury found it to be justified homicide.

• Like 2

I loved developing film in school. (I have only done black and white, personally.) but I am not a good enough photographer to find it worth the time and cost.

• Like 1
bluedragonwings

The cost is a big reason why I stopped. Now that digital is getting to the point where I think it is starting to match film quality I am trying to get into it more. But it will take new skills with photoshop.

• Like 1

I am dreading buying Christmas presents this year almost as much as I'm dreading receiving them. Giving gifts to kids is great, but for adults it just seems redundant as we can get our own stuff.

• Like 4

I don't like giving gift cards. They're unoriginal, and you're just exchanging an exact known amount. The added value of gift cards is the incentive to get off your ass and buy specific kinds of items. I like gift cards to the local bookstore. A couple years ago, shortly after my move, my dad got me a gift card to a housewares store and promised to provide the transport. But I have gift cards I haven't yet used and don't plan on using because I never buy things from these places.

Elftober Country

The thing about receiving gifts is that it really highlights when people don't know you at all. I seem to get some weird gifts from extended family, I'm still not sure why I would need a hat with built-in headphones :blink: Last year I restored some family photos and framed them for my mum and brother. It's nice to see them up on the wall when I go and visit. 

• Like 2
On 5.10.2017 at 9:43 PM, Snao Cone said:

I'm browsing the vast expanse of Etsy for decorative throw pillows. :mellow: This is the wild party known as adulthood.

On 5.10.2017 at 9:50 PM, October Country said:

Worry when you start browsing for crochet coasters...

Reveal hidden contents

il_570xN.988368871_qthb.jpg

The moment I start browsing "decorative" stuff is the moment I have forgotten everything I believe in.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, borkfork said:

No more Starbucks gift cards! :mad: 

They would be useless here. In Tunbridge Wells Starbucks just shut down because they were losing money. Everyone used rival chains and independents:)

I agree with gift giving being a stress. Our extended family decided to rationalise, as exchanging bottles was a bit pointless, so we only buy for kidlets now 

I grew up around photography, I always loved the smell of color chemistry. Hard to describe it but it's really chemically ^_^. Sort of like how I like the smell of gasoline and oil house paint. These days I'm either working with a hybrid process (C-41 and scan) or alt process stuff.

• Like 1
bluedragonwings
1 hour ago, Copal_0 said:

I grew up around photography, I always loved the smell of color chemistry. Hard to describe it but it's really chemically ^_^. Sort of like how I like the smell of gasoline and oil house paint. These days I'm either working with a hybrid process (C-41 and scan) or alt process stuff.

You should post stuff in the Photo thread! 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Homer said:

The moment I start browsing "decorative" stuff is the moment I have forgotten everything I believe in.

But Homer, without browsing the rabbit hole that is Etsy, you don't get to entertain yourself with all the ways people incorporate penises into their crafts. :D

• Like 1

Damn.

• Like 1

I know, that is so something you want in your life. :P

The regulars in my ace meetup group really want me to buy a penis-shaped lamp. I have not done so yet.

• Like 1

A lamp-shaped penis would be so much more impressive :D

There are probably augmentations you could get, Homer, if you really want to make that idea a reality :P

They had a penis-piñata at the Halloween party I went to.

I went home before they broke into it.

• Like 1

^^Probably a wise idea. I don't think it would have been very palatable 

25 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

I would've been all about whacking that junk with a bat. :D

I'm almost crying laughing at this. XXD

• Like 1