For 30-somethings and those around that age

test account

Sometimes coffee still gives me that warm fuzzy feeling of love, but in general it mostly just helps me function on a very basic level.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Autumn Season said:

I was recommended to drink morning coffee by my doctor. This just shows that she didn't understand my body at all. (Morning coffee = Suffering and bathroom visits.)

Yes, I know that if one day I get constipated for whatever reason (thing that my IBS doesn't allow normally) then coffee would be the best solution. In my case all things I suffer from at this age (32) are emotional things, a reflection from my way to handle conflictive emotions. Some people take the energy of stress or any emotion to others, some like me, keep that energy inside so digestive issues are common. 

• Like 1

I have to drink about a pot of coffee to get that buzzy status. I save it for important things, like all night binges of American Horror Story or when I actually want to be able to see the grass grow. 

Coffee doesn't really keep me focused, per se. It just makes me feel somewhat more engaged with life,

• Like 2
Autumn Season

Oh, and coffee makes me fall asleep faster. Which is good, I guess.

Too much caffeine makes me jittery and upsets my stomach. So when I do get the occasional latte at [insert whatever coffee shop], I have to get decaf. 

• Like 1
sparklingstars

I've never learned to like the taste of coffee, even with lots of sugar and milk added.  My beverage of choice is tea - give me a good Earl Gray or darjeeling tea any day of the week!

Sage Raven Domino

@Iam-me Alas I'm incapable of taking short naps - I'm too anxious (partly because of the coffee) to fall asleep. I sometimes take naps of unlimited length when coffee makes me sleepy, though. They usually last for a couple of hours.

What do the people here think about substituting coffee with a chocolate drink? Is it a better or worse way to get caffeine into the body?

I suspect that the caffeine + L-theanine stack of pills might be a better way of caffeine supply than any usual drink, though. It takes several cups of tea or coffee to get a significant dose of caffeine; that requires too much water, to my taste.

I get too comfortable napping, so I stay longer than 15 minutes, at which point it makes me feel more tired. Lately I've been feeling like napping all the time. :unsure: Yet I can't fall asleep until after 1 in the morning.

• Like 2
Guest Invisible Pumpkin
40 minutes ago, Snao Çoñé said:

I get too comfortable napping, so I stay longer than 15 minutes, at which point it makes me feel more tired. Lately I've been feeling like napping all the time. :unsure: Yet I can't fall asleep until after 1 in the morning.

I feel you:unsure:. I don't know what is going on with me but I've sleeping so much, so many hours lately. 

Autumn Season

Didn't happen to me after liking your two posts.

Guest Invisible Pumpkin
Just now, Autumn Season said:

Didn't happen to me after liking your two posts.

I don't know why, I having some issues with the update, although I think it's a cool one and I appreciate the hard work Aven Staff  is putting on the site. I'm not complaining, just in case. :P Actually I just realized that both of the likes faded and now that I read your comment had to like back again the previous posts. 

Elftober Country
5 hours ago, Snao Çoñé said:

I love a good nap, especially on Sunday afternoons. I have the same problem though, I fall into 'full-on' sleep mode and struggle to get up :ph34r:

• Like 1
Autumn Season

I realized that I just might be a bit strange. Things which help me fall asleep: Coffee and sunlight. What's up with this programming, body?

13 minutes ago, Autumn Season said:

I realized that I just might be a bit strange. Things which help me fall asleep: Coffee and sunlight. What's up with this programming, body?

One of the best things to put me to sleep - sunrise. Sadly incompatible with anything even remotely resembling normal working hours.

• Like 1
Autumn Season
Just now, miau said:

One of the best things to put me to sleep - sunrise. Sadly incompatible with anything even remotely resembling normal working hours.

I agree on both points.

6 minutes ago, Autumn Season said:

I read somewhere recently that caffeine and other stimulants have a calming effect on people with attention difficulties and high energy, like ADHD and the like. I didn't realize until then that the prescriptions for such were stimulants.

• Like 1
Guest Deus Ex Infinity
1 minute ago, grayRabbit said:

I read somewhere recently that caffeine and other stimulants have a calming effect on people with attention difficulties and high energy, like ADHD and the like. I didn't realize until then that the prescriptions for such were stimulants.

Really? That's kinda interesting but funny cuz' I'd only get energized from using coffeine & co. But I'm not suffering from ADHD or something either.

Autumn Season
30 minutes ago, grayRabbit said:

This might also explain, why hard rock can calm me down and calm music can piss me off sometimes.

I'm not sure how I fit in though. I don't have... energy or adhd. Maybe attention difficulty.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Autumn Season said:

This might also explain, why hard rock can calm me down and calm music can piss me off sometimes.

I'm not sure how I fit in though. I don't have... energy or adhd. Maybe attention difficulty.

Coffee doesn't make me sleepy [though sunlight can be very relaxing] but your statements above fit me very well. :D 

• Like 1

at the right time of day (lunch) coffee can knock me out, but after about 1600, I'll have Une nuit blanche

• Like 1
Guest Invisible Pumpkin
2 hours ago, grayRabbit said:

Interesting! :o 

IntellectualAsexual

I just read "the last illusion" by Porochista Khakpour. It was on a list of asexual books. It is about this boy who was raised as a bird by his mother in Persia (Iran), and then his sister finds out and calls the police. He is adopted by an american who was married to a persian woman, who has a fascination with feral children. He raises him as his son, and is surprised when he goes further than expected. It mentions him as being asexual or near asexual several times in the book. He does eventually have sex though and relationships (more than one), but he doesn't distinguish between gender and at 22 never kissed before, and viewed it as a chore in the beginning. It has the beginning of the millennia and then the bombing of the World Trade Center in it. Was hard to find a book about asexuals at my local library. But it was alright.

• Like 1

Hello! I am a newbie! Its adorable, I know!

I was looking on here for folks around my chronological age, so this topic works out well.

I am also quite new to forums. I've mainly only used facebook, tumblr, and old school AOL [I feel like a dinosaur typing that].

• Like 5