For 30-somethings and those around that age

test account

The other day I had a dream that some minor AVEN drama tied in with a conspiracy that needed to be investigated by a Katy Perry who looked like Zooey Deschanel. According to the description I wrote down shortly after waking up, it was "part of some vast conspiracy involving radio, lesbianism, Katy Perry, and staying up past midnight". Only three of those things have any relevance to my life.

• Like 4
On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 3:21 AM, Anewnameforme said:

We need to make a support "it's Monday already" group.

BTW happy Monday!

Monday is the start of my weekend. and I only work a 4 day work week... So I get a 3 day weekend, every "weekend."

...having said that, I also do pet sitting, and waste Most weekends "working."

• Like 2
Autumn Season
8 hours ago, Snao Çoñé said:

The other day I had a dream that some minor AVEN drama tied in with a conspiracy that needed to be investigated by a Katy Perry who looked like Zooey Deschanel. According to the description I wrote down shortly after waking up, it was "part of some vast conspiracy involving radio, lesbianism, Katy Perry, and staying up past midnight". Only three of those things have any relevance to my life.

Aren't Katy and Zooey secretly the same person anyway?

• Like 1

Are they the Olsen twins? :D

• Like 1
Guest Invisible Pumpkin
11 hours ago, Snao Çoñé said:

Sounds interesting! I'm in! lol What do I have to do now? :mellow: I mean, no, I don't want to be in your dreams I just like conspiracy lol as if I have not enough in my own country :ph34r:

Am I the only one pronouncing "Zooey" like "zoo-ey"? What else would the extra "o" indicate? (I'd have to search engine pictures of Katy and Zoooooey anyway)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Homer said:

Am I the only one pronouncing "Zooey" like "zoo-ey"? What else would the extra "o" indicate? (I'd have to search engine pictures of Katy and Zoooooey anyway)

I read it that way too. I know it's wrong, but when I see the name it always registers as zoo-ey. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Snao Çoñé said:

I read it that way too. I know it's wrong, but when I see the name it always registers as zoo-ey. 

It's wrong? What's right, then? "Zoe"?

10 minutes ago, Midland Tyke said:

It's wrong? What's right, then? "Zoe"?

Rhymes with Joey, Bowie, doughy, snowy.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Snao Çoñé said:

so why is it spelt to rhyme with (and I chose this carefully) phoey?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Midland Tyke said:

so why is it spelt to rhyme with (and I chose this carefully) phoey?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ English is a messy inconsistent language already, what's the harm in joining?

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Snao Çoñé said:

And I come from a generation and country where David B's surname doesn't rhyme with the other words on this list. The first 3 letters aren't a form of tie, more an act a male might do when introduced to royalty.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Snao Çoñé said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ English is a messy inconsistent language already, what's the harm in joining?

like saying we should burn more coal because the atmosphere is already polluted....

But as it was written in the 1950's (which I didn't realise - I thought it was some 21st century affectation), I'll let it pass. :D

1 hour ago, Midland Tyke said:

And I come from a generation and country where David B's surname doesn't rhyme with the other words on this list. The first 3 letters aren't a form of tie, more an act a male might do when introduced to royalty.

Whoa is that the correct way to pronounce Bowie?? If so, definitely never knew that!

19 minutes ago, Allegra said:

Whoa is that the correct way to pronounce Bowie?? If so, definitely never knew that!

It's a made-up name, of course. Definitely pronounced as I suggested in the very early days. And he named his son (born 1971) Zowie, and it wouldn't have been appropriate for a boy to have a name that sounded like Zoe. So it would rhyme with Bowie. But later in his career it somehow became popular to rhyme it with Joey. I suspect that it was to do with going to the US, (where no-one bows down, ha ha) and Bowie as you know it to be said is easier to their ears.

• Like 2

It might have to do with how we were already pronouncing bowie knife in the States.

• Like 4
Guest Invisible Pumpkin
28 minutes ago, Snao Çoñé said:

IT'S @Allegra'S BIRTHDAY??? 

I don't know, I saw an Allegra's birthday, so I assumed it is, if not, well, more cake cannot hurt anyone!  Girls, boys, all in between and those who tags as something else or as anything or that doesn't tag themselves because don't feel like a can :P , well, you get me, I guess: we can still have a party :o  and does who don't want to have fun are also invited :P A weird video to start lol 

Happy birthday, @Allegra! Lots of cake for you! :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

I'm so glad tomorrow is my last day of work for an entire week. The last two days have sucked.  

• Like 2
bluedragonwings

I am so burned out at work. I am almost the stereotypical lazy government employee. @LVG you doing anything good with your free time or is it a staycation.

3 hours ago, Allegra said:

Thanks @SaturnOOO! Massage down, ball game and beer upcoming!

That sounds like a pretty damn good birthday.

• Like 1
Guest Invisible Pumpkin
8 hours ago, Allegra said:

It is!! Thanks @Anewnameforme and @Snao Çoñé!! I'll get a really big cake and magically share it with everyone here. :D

*Noms magially shared cake* :P

Oh. I'll use this to complain, please bear with me lol. I'm so so tired that I cannot even go to bet yet because my body isn't relaxed at all yet. :mellow: