For 30-somethings and those around that age

test account

On 2/22/2017 at 8:12 AM, sunnytimes36 said:

Hi all,

I'm new to the site I'm 36 yrs old, 37 next month, so I thought I would say Hello as it would be lovely to chat to other aces of a similar age. :D 

Hi! I'm new here, too :D I'm 31 and would enjoy chatting (I also live in Wales!) :D

Welcome all newcomers 🎂 🎂 

Whoa, this thread sat still for a while. So great to see more 30-somethings. Welcome newbies! 

Thank you for the welcome :) I'll be 31 next week. For a long time I dreaded getting older but as I became more comfortable & secure with myself, I welcomed 30. 

What do y'all think of the term "dirty thirty"? 

10 hours ago, RedSheep2 said:

What do y'all think of the term "dirty thirty"? 

What kind of dirty are we talking about here? Unclean house? Shamefully old? Dirty-minded (which won't be as common on an asexual forum, I'd think :P)?

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Snow Cone said:

Dirty-minded (which won't be as common on an asexual forum, I'd think :P)?

*Nods.* Everyone I've ever met on AVEN has a mind as pure and clean as the newly-fallen snow.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, SaturnOOO said:

*Nods.* Everyone I've ever met on AVEN has a mind as pure and clean as the newly-fallen snow.

And mine is the cleanest one here. :P:ph34r:

idk what it refers to but it's what a lot of people call their thirtieth birthday celebration. 

edit: I just looked it up on urban dictionary. it is gross & dumb. 

• Like 1

:lol: Quite often anything you need to look up on urban dictionary is.

My 30th birthday was the end of a dry spell, i.e. after four months of intentional sobriety. I drank a lot at Christmas and swore off alcohol until my 30s.

But really, my 29th birthday was more alcohol themed. I threw a prohibition-themed party, so we dressed in 20s garb and listened to jazz music. There wasn't an excess of actual drinking, but it was in the spirit of speakeasies.

4 hours ago, Snow Cone said:

And mine is the cleanest one here. :P:ph34r:

It is known. The "snow" in my post should have been capitalized, but being a thoughtful person I didn't want to single anyone out :ph34r:

• Like 1

RedSheep2, you need to remember that Urban Dictionary only exists so teenagers can come up with a sex-related definition for every single word in the English language.

• Like 3

based on that, i looked up my username. i'm going with "internet friends forever"

another one for iff, but capitalised is "i feel fabulous" with " I put on a rainbow dress and glitter eyeshadow today, IFF" as the example

though the most popular ones are about somebody called ronnie margo. another is "inappropriate facebook friend" but my username (i've used it elsewhere) predates facebook so that's really just copying me

• Like 1

I just looked up Skycaptain 

A lethal combination of smarts and firepower. This cybernetic genius..... 

Skycaptain is unstoppable :P

If only that were true... 

What I know about computing can be written on a pinhead and still leave room for the complete works of Tolstoy 

• Like 2

I can't recall if I have ever posted here, so here goes:

I officially apply for admission to the 30-somethings club (I'm 35).8):ph34r:

• Like 1

Welcome to the club, Piotrek!

I learned what docking is the other night. I sort of wish I hadn't. I also had some drunk idiot ask me a disgusting question on Friday night, in which I kind of got bitchy about it. 

bluedragonwings

Welcome @Piotrek

Although, I don't know if it is a club, or more of a deposition for the trial of life.

It's not so much a club as it is limbo between youthfulness and maturity. The overlap between Gen X and Millennials. Where we can complain about the misleading future we were sold.

• Like 2

I looked up sea lemon on urban dictionary, I was relieved/disappointed to find that there aren't any definitions :P

Although looking up 'lemon' gave me the choice between 'a sexually oriented fanfiction', or 'a useless person or thing'. Lovely... :P

• Like 1
11 hours ago, iff said:

based on that, i looked up my username. i'm going with "internet friends forever"

another one for iff, but capitalised is "i feel fabulous" with " I put on a rainbow dress and glitter eyeshadow today, IFF" as the example

though the most popular ones are about somebody called ronnie margo. another is "inappropriate facebook friend" but my username (i've used it elsewhere) predates facebook so that's really just copying me

I got a math degree from college so I read your username as "if and only if," then feel super jealous for how cool it is.

• Like 3

I know bork is slang for all kinds of things, but I've been using it for years (mostly for private things) because of the Swedish Chef. 

Swedish_poser.jpg

• Like 3

i've been told elsewhere on the internet i pass a passing similarity to beaker

• Like 2

Hi, 31 and new to AVEN, and was told about this grand thread. 

Feeling the need to write something else, so I'll just chime in with a rather useless comment that I don't really know what my username means. I just needed to type something and I'm tired of the very odd and abnormally cold winter in my area, so I thought of "summer" ...and then needed to put something else after. And bees are cute, when not painful, and rather important, so why not?

• Like 4