For 30-somethings and those around that age

test account

Beachwalker

I think I will be a lurker on that one. I sense it could get heated in there lol. :ph34r:

Hopefully, not. We can always add something like "This is not the place for you to show that your opinion is the only true in this universe". After all, heated atmosphere comes when people try to persuade everyone that their opinion is the only one correct. But it is really difficult to make people change their opinions. When people in the chat understand it, the position becomes more relaxed. "This is my opinion, that's yours. I know you won't change yours, but guess what: I won't change mine either. Be cool with it!" At least, that's the principle I follow when I don't have debates in Hot Box (I can just post my opinion, that's all)... :)

I'm cool with it. If nobody had opinions then life would be boring. 8) I'll scare them with my avatar lol :lol:

Beachwalker

I'm cool with it. If nobody had opinions then life would be boring. 8) I'll scare them with my avatar lol :lol:

Hm... in that sense, your avatar is much more functional then mine... With my avatar, I could make them melt with love in the best case... :)

Hi Midnight hope you are feeling better today :)

So far today master 5 wet bed, masters 2 and 3 have done turds. Soon the sun will rise.

Midnight Lady

Hi Midnight hope you are feeling better today :)

So far today master 5 wet bed, masters 2 and 3 have done turds. Soon the sun will rise.

Yeah, thanks! :) I do feel much better today! I went to the exam, and took Tylenol before it. But I took it just in case, because for the first time during the week it was 36.6!

Though as the result, when I came home after the exam (well, I am skipping the classes today as well), the temperature went down to 35.8. :blink: But after all those fever days, I am even glad that it is below the normal zone, rather than above. :D

Now I need to survive through 5 pm (the highest temperature of the day for people), and during the late evening. :) But I have a feeling that it will be great! :)

Midnight Lady

Okay Heavy Bananarama is live!

We shall start posting stuff there. :) Remember, you wanted to comment on Dex's post about the book he is reading??? It could be a nice start :)

CompassRose

@DexM - thanks for explaining about the adamantium, you've restored my faith. I might have been confused into thinking you were stretching the truth a bit, but now I know it was just my ignorance. :P

If you are looking for stretching anything then Reed Richards aka Mr Fantastic is the guy to go to.Ya know I felt like an X-Man when I found Aven.A little community for people with the same sort of powers as I,where I wouldn't feel like an outsider,alone in a World I didn't/don't understand.

I know what you mean! The relief of finding out I'm not alone in being like this!

CompassRose

Virus. "Not much we can do about it. Take Tylenol and your body will fight it little by little!". Thanks! Very informative and helpful! *astonished at the similarity between the medicine in the 16th century and the medicine in the 21st century*

And tomorrow I have my lab exam... :wacko:

Glad it's nothing worse, but :lol: for the description of medical similarities between 16th & 21st century medicine. At least they do less bloodletting nowadays. ;)

Midnight Lady

why??? :blink:

Because you're very good at cracking the whip :D

Damn it... One more person is getting close to my hidden identity... :ph34r:

CI_57998_1329245318.jpg

Midnight Lady

Virus. "Not much we can do about it. Take Tylenol and your body will fight it little by little!". Thanks! Very informative and helpful! *astonished at the similarity between the medicine in the 16th century and the medicine in the 21st century*

Glad it's nothing worse, but :lol: for the description of medical similarities between 16th & 21st century medicine. At least they do less bloodletting nowadays. ;)

Jeez!!! Similarity!!! Not identity! :D But if seriously, then yeah - it is kinda scary how helpless I was against that fever. Aspirin/Tylenol - 3 hours - and fever is back again. And again. Scientists are much more savvy with bacteria, than with viruses today it looks like.

Midnight Lady

why??? :blink:

Because you're very good at cracking the whip :D

Damn it... One more person is getting close to my hidden identity... :ph34r:

CI_57998_1329245318.jpg

:lol: you know how many saucy images i had to wade through when i was looking for "lady with whip" to find one tame enough to avoid causing you offence? I forgot you don't mind a bit of spice :lol:

Love it. :twisted:

But that image is not a coincidence. :P Facebook app "What comic hero are you?" thinks that it is me. :P So, in the end, I am really flattered by Facebook (those guys do know how to flatter a girl like me).

CompassRose

Jeez!!! Similarity!!! Not identity! :D But if seriously, then yeah - it is kinda scary how helpless I was against that fever. Aspirin/Tylenol - 3 hours - and fever is back again. And again. Scientists are much more savvy with bacteria, than with viruses today it looks like.

I agree. At least they didn't give you antibiotics, which don't work against viruses. If you were in the US, your chances of being prescribed such useless (at best) or dangerous (at worst) drugs would be high. For me, when I think I have virus, I go straight for the garlic, drink extra fluids, sleep excessively, and take tylenol if it gets too bad.

Midnight Lady

I agree. At least they didn't give you antibiotics, which don't work against viruses. If you were in the US, your chances of being prescribed such useless (at best) or dangerous (at worst) drugs would be high. For me, when I think I have virus, I go straight for the garlic, drink extra fluids, sleep excessively, and take tylenol if it gets too bad.

Yeah, I think here they repeat it at every Bio class as a spell "antibiotics don't work with viruses!". But the thing is that it looks like in Canada they also fall in the second extreme. When I was in the emergency room, I asked a doctor if he could prescribe me not an antibiotic, but something antiviral (for example, interferon or something, which is very easy to buy in Russia). His reply was "The government don't allow us to use antiviral remedies for individual cases, and they hold it till big epidemics, so there is no tolerance when this moment does happen". I looked at him and just could say "Yeah, I can understand that. Good for them!"

CompassRose

Midnight - I'm glad you are feeling better. Is the fever still down?

I have you in my contacts list, but no one else. When I checked, you hadn't answered me. I'll try getting on using my laptop tomorrow if I remember, to see if I can add the others and see if they show up in the phone app. I'm not convinced it's working correctly.

SweetEx - I'm sorry about the Sims. Do you think she won't work because she's depressed?

Midnight Lady

I have you in my contacts list, but no one else. When I checked, you hadn't answered me. I'll try getting on using my laptop tomorrow if I remember, to see if I can add the others and see if they show up in the phone app. I'm not convinced it's working correctly.

SweetEx - I'm sorry about the Sims. Do you think she won't work because she's depressed?

Thank you! Yes, the fever is gone so far, even 5 pm. :)

I haven't seen you online, and I have been keeping my MSN open for 6 hours now. My feeling is that it is not working for you!

I have a bigger and bigger urge to play sims...

CompassRose

Yeah, I think here they repeat it at every Bio class as a spell "antibiotics don't work with viruses!". But the thing is that it looks like in Canada they also fall in the second extreme. When I was in the emergency room, I asked a doctor if he could prescribe me not an antibiotic, but something antiviral (for example, interferon or something, which is very easy to buy in Russia). His reply was "The government don't allow us to use antiviral remedies for individual cases, and they hold it till big epidemics, so there is no tolerance when this moment does happen". I looked at him and just could say "Yeah, I can understand that. Good for them!"

Ok, I can understand the principle of not wasting the effectiveness of a drug, risking creating super viruses to go along with the super bacteria, but there has to be some kind of middle ground! In the US, when we finally figured out how badly we had screwed up in creating super bugs through allowing every doctor, no matter how untrained in infectious diseases (and some of them were pretty scary when seen from the inside) to order whatever antibiotics they wanted, hospitals began instituting protocols where the most powerful antibiotics could only be ordered if an infectious disease guy had consulted. In my experience, the infectious disease guys were consistently some of the smartest doctors I encountered. I actually never met one who I didn't find impressive. So my point is, there have got to be situations where antiviral drugs would be crucial to certain patients, and they should figure out a way to allow them to be prescribed when appropriate, but not overprescribed.

CompassRose

Every time I check the MSN app, it says you are offline :(

Why won't stupid Microsoft come out with an official Android app? Are they feuding with Google? I bet they are. Stupid corporate giants. :angry:

Midnight Lady

Ok, I can understand the principle of not wasting the effectiveness of a drug, risking creating super viruses to go along with the super bacteria, but there has to be some kind of middle ground! In the US, when we finally figured out how badly we had screwed up in creating super bugs through allowing every doctor, no matter how untrained in infectious diseases (and some of them were pretty scary when seen from the inside) to order whatever antibiotics they wanted, hospitals began instituting protocols where the most powerful antibiotics could only be ordered if an infectious disease guy had consulted. In my experience, the infectious disease guys were consistently some of the smartest doctors I encountered. I actually never met one who I didn't find impressive. So my point is, there have got to be situations where antiviral drugs would be crucial to certain patients, and they should figure out a way to allow them to be prescribed when appropriate, but not overprescribed.

To create a super virus, it should be billions of generations of that virus being faced with that treatment in many-many people. Even 100 people wouldn't create that mutant... :) Therefore, it DOES need to have some common sense usage. I would assume that 6 days of fever IS a pretty good reason to prescribe something antiviral... But I might be biased here... :redface:

However, I think that not only fear of mutant viruses make the governments in North America to control the sell of those things. It IS shocking how many people have NO idea what they are doing with their health when they take antibiotics, and ask for more. And then they will SUE everybody (when they liver doesn't function anymore, for example).

Since my mom is a doctor, I always knew the pay-off for any pill taken (and I took them enormously when I was a child, since, as if there was that special law, doctors' children always have the most difficult, complicated and numerous diseases :) ). Therefore, when I want to take an antibiotic, for example, I know what I am doing. And if I damaged my liver, kidneys, stomach, heart, blood, joints, anything, I wouldn't sue the doctor and the drug company. It would be MY choice and decision. My point then is if a person DOES want to take any pill, he/she should be allowed, but then no complaints after that.

I don't know. It's really strange. But it's one thing I like about the game, that they'll do what they want sometimes regardless of what you tell them to do, according to their traits. Mrs Sim is a snob, so maybe the part-time job at the book store wasn't cool enough for her? She used to be a brain surgeon till I retired her.

Have you ever used cheat-codes?... :redface:

CompassRose

Hey, my mom is a doctor too. :)

What I got from her was a healthy scepticism about taking drugs. Especially antibiotics. I'll take them if I really need them, but not at the drop of a hat.

CompassRose

I don't know. It's really strange. But it's one thing I like about the game, that they'll do what they want sometimes regardless of what you tell them to do, according to their traits. Mrs Sim is a snob, so maybe the part-time job at the book store wasn't cool enough for her? She used to be a brain surgeon till I retired her.

Why did you retire her? I bet she could get a part time job as a doctor. That would probably be more to her taste.

Midnight Lady

@Midnight, no I don't play with cheats, mainly because I don't know any for this game :lol:

I played the sims superstar only with the cheat-codes... :redface: I would take billion as my money supply, and then just buy the most luxurious stuff and working on my skills and social life... :) travelling... building career as a star, growing my pets... *feeling nostalgic* And I was a generous person... I would invite all my friends to all resorts... give them diamond necklaces and rings... :blush:

I want to play Sims so bad now...but already know it would take over my life. Maybe she could be the CEO of Aveda...they provide daycare and everything. I bet she would make killer money too! :) I always did like your signature Sweetex. I can't wait to check out the new thread. This one is still going to be popular I hope?