For 30-somethings and those around that age

test account

Beachwalker

I would think part of the settlement would be for Mr. Sims to change the caca nappies. :lol:

If the threads were moved out of this section, it may turn out to be more of a busy drive-thru than a cozy cafe ... with the constant background orders of cheesy fries with the burgers. Am I the only one who considers this a scary and disturbing thought? :unsure:

:)

Lucinda

This is seriously heavy shit which I had not considered and has set my cheesedar into overdrive! If it became a drive thru what are the chances of cheeseburgers being on the menu? I think cheesy fries would be bad enough personally!

test account

I would think part of the settlement would be for Mr. Sims to change the caca nappies. :lol:

If the threads were moved out of this section, it may turn out to be more of a busy drive-thru than a cozy cafe ... with the constant background orders of cheesy fries with the burgers. Am I the only one who considers this a scary and disturbing thought? :unsure:

Lucinda

Interesting you mention it Lucinda. I was just attempting to write an intro for Heavy Bananarama in Off A, but my instinct tells me that it would be likely to turn into a Hot Box thread if it goes in there.

Midnight Lady

Lucinda

Interesting you mention it Lucinda. I was just attempting to write an intro for Heavy Bananarama in Off A, but my instinct tells me that it would be likely to turn into a Hot Box thread if it goes in there.

Oh no! Anything else but Hot Box! Yes, I admit, some of the topics which were touched upon (like Skull's law story, my Millgram video etc.) can be considered Hot Box Stuff. But this is exactly why I didn't start a special thread for mine, for example, just preferring to touch upon those controversial topics with you guys (I guess it is kinda an honour... :) ). Honestly (even though it can sound terrible), I am not interested to know what 35000 members think of Multiple persona of a person... Can we avoid Hot Box???

Midnight Lady

Oh no, poor things..... Make sure he is ok too in his new house and the kiddies wear their nappies and do not stress Mrs Sim out too much!

..... our thoughts are with the sim family at this troubled and desperate time................... Are they in the Sim bin ?

Thank you -_- <--I hope that means a solemn little nod, I've never been quite sure.

Your female Sim could have packed her suitcases and move to her mother... :) It would be the way for a woman to do in Russia... :) ("It's over! I am packing, taking kids, and go to my mom!"). :)

test account

Lucinda

Oh no! Anything else but Hot Box! Yes, I admit, some of the topics which were touched upon (like Skull's law story, my Millgram video etc.) can be considered Hot Box Stuff. But this is exactly why I didn't start a special thread for mine, for example, just preferring to touch upon those controversial topics with you guys (I guess it is kinda an honour... :) ). Honestly (even though it can sound terrible), I am not interested to know what 35000 members think of Multiple persona of a person... Can we avoid Hot Box???

Yes, definitely want to avoid a Hot Boxy feel. I think because those topics were posted in a larger thread, that helped to keep the talk more intimate and respectful. At the end of the day though, anybody can read this stuff, so our feeling of intimacy is in fact an illusion. :mellow: The best we can hope for is to limit input from loose cannons who are looking for something to argue about.

test account

Your female Sim could have packed her suitcases and move to her mother... :) It would be the way for a woman to do in Russia... :) ("It's over! I am packing, taking kids, and go to my mom!"). :)

She has no mother in the town :( otherwise that is a very good plan :)

test account

Here's what I was drafting for the thread OP, if anyone would like to make amendments, please do!

I was thinking of "Serious chat for serious chatters" as a subtitle. What do you think?

Welcome to Heavy Bananarama, a place to connect with other 1980s-inspired people for serious chat on serious topics. This is an offshoot of the 30-something thread found in the Older forum, a light-hearted chat style thread. Got something to say about psychology, family issues, religion, etc? Then this thread is for you.

While the topics are serious and may at times be controversial, please note that this is not a Hot Box thread. This is a place for sharing and understanding.

Get typing people!

1350_20_starlink-workstations-computer-fashions-of-the-1980s.jpg

Maybe we could modify it slightly to be 'the heavy reality of fruit loops'

How come you never finished your book?

Nothing wrong with being vague :)

It sounds like we don't even need a new title, or location what with cheese fries, cheeseburgers, and possibly cheese balls. Lucinda, your use of color is practically divine.

My book began as an interesting outline that didn't move on, so I cut it into strips, laminated them to make bookmarks, and put them in an envelope with Slices of Fruitcake written on it. I look at them now and again, kind of like the real fruitcake we all know and love.

Vague works for me. :D

Yes Dex, I am a 40watt woman. :lol:

Sweetex, those poor Sims, I would have cried at their demise as well. I have a good picture in my mind of you desperately clicking cancel...it is almost as traumatizing as their breakup. Any chance they will reconcile? :huh:

Here's what I was drafting for the thread OP, if anyone would like to make amendments, please do!

I was thinking of "Serious chat for serious chatters" as a subtitle. What do you think?

Welcome to Heavy Bananarama, a place to connect with other 1980s-inspired people for serious chat on serious topics. This is an offshoot of the 30-something thread found in the Older forum, a light-hearted chat style thread. Got something to say about psychology, family issues, religion, etc? Then this thread is for you.

While the topics are serious and may at times be controversial, please note that this is not a Hot Box thread. This is a place for sharing and understanding.

Get typing people!

NICE!

Midnight Lady

Get typing people!

Maybe, also philosophical thought and life experiences (to stress the fact that the opinion should be kinda put through the prism of themselves, not just simply "Oh, I think this way, because that's what I think!".

Sweetex, we have never seen you in MSN yet. :P

Midnight Lady

I bought Tylenol since it is so huge here, and they told me to do it against the fever in the emergency room. I hoped that it would be different from my Russian pills "Paracetamol", stronger and more active. Then I checked the active ingredient of Tylenol: Acetaminophen. Also known in some countries as... Paracetamol!!! *facepalm*

Donkey_Head_by_DewyneJefferson.jpg

test account

Welcome to Heavy Bananarama, a place to connect with other 1980s-inspired people for serious chat on serious topics. This is an offshoot of the 30-something thread found in the Older forum, a light-hearted chat style thread. Got something to say about family issues, philosophical thought, religion, life experiences? Then this thread is for you.

Get typing people!

Maybe, also philosophical thought and life experiences (to stress the fact that the opinion should be kinda put through the prism of themselves, not just simply "Oh, I think this way, because that's what I think!".

Sweetex, we have never seen you in MSN yet. :P

Ah, good one, check the spoiler for amendments. Does it give the right tone now?

And sorry about MSN, I only have it at home, and at home I've been nursing my little Sims through their trauma :P I did catch AceCakes there recently though.

5_♦♣

Get typing people!

I'm not sure if all that would fit into a subtitle.

CompassRose

The Anus/artist is currently belting/killing out a song from his male voice choir repertoire.I shit you not,I am sitting here with my headphones on,with nothing actually coming through,it is THAT BAD.He may have had something 5 years ago,but whatever it was has most certainly gone.The choir used to be one of the best in the country,so they said,packing out The Royal Albert Hall and doing regular concerts.Now they barely fill church halls every 4 months.To be honest if that is the output I can see why.

This has gone completely over my head. I have no idea what you are referring to. :blink:

Ah I can see that anyone who isn't aware of the dis-like I have towards the man formally known as Dad,may struggle in understanding that post.Yeah I am aware that most of my posts have a certain sense of non-sensicalness (:huh:)but believe it or not,that was one of my more normal postings.Anyway,the Anus/artist was a name that Sweet.G.Ex and i came up with in order to refer to our papa's.Me the artist,sweety the Anus.Now I would like to say that Sweetex doesn't actually refer to him like that,as she is a good person,where as I rant about my old man regularly.Getting there,don't worry.He sings for a male voice choir.He USED to be good.They USED to be good.They USED to play nice venues(The Royal Albert Hall)in front of packed crowds.But now,he isn't very good,they aren't very good,they don't play in nice venues in front of packed crowds and his singing resembles that of one of those really bad X-Factor contestants in the prelim rounds that the whole world just laughs at and that person thinks they are Pavarotti.

Thanks for explaining. It's sad to see such deterioration. My dad lost so much of himself, both good and bad, from drinking, that by the end he was barely there.

Winter Hill

The world often doesn't feel real to me. To much superficial shit, materialistic greed, screwed up priorities. I feel dsiconnected from it a lot. I feel I am living on the edge and could easily topple over into 100% feral and go bush any day any time :)

Morning :)

I don't think I could ever 'go feral.' I love my showers too much, and not shaving makes me feel like a bum.

I do get increasingly frequent urges to disconnect, though. Flog the computer, throw my work smartphone off the edge of a cliff and just keep a radio, a music player and a big pile of books.

It's typified by my experience travelling to work every morning--hundreds of people, staring down at little glowing plastic squares, jabbing their fingers at the screen, sending their every thought to their little group of 'followers' on Facebook. No one speaks anymore, people just spend their days in abject silence, communicating through huge, faceless, American corporate networks on little screens.

I want to live in a place where people still gossip over the fence :)

PS. I was invited to MSN last night, but haven't yet managed to get it to work. I can talk one-on-one with people I already know, but my computer doesn't seem to like the group function. If anyone wants my address on there, just PM me, and I'll see if I can get the group bit going tonight, when I'm not working. :mellow:

test account

Get typing people!

Oh no, not for the subtitle. It's a suggestion for the opening post. What do you think of it?

Yes, seconded, we certainly don't need a Hot Box, probably more a Pot Box..... Chill sistas and bruvvers. :wacko:

Beachwalker

Yes, seconded, we certainly don't need a Hot Box, probably more a Pot Box..... Chill sistas and bruvvers. :wacko:

You got a green thumb Cake?

In a horticultural sense, no and in any other sense, definitely no and woe betide anyone who tries it in my house or car.......... I love my fresh sweet smelling environments.... :)

Midnight Lady

I love my fresh sweet smelling environments.... :)

When I was reading this phrase, I happened to look at your avatar... These words got a new meaning... ;)

When I was reading this phrase, I happened to look at your avatar... These words got a new meaning... ;)

Midnight Lady, what are you like, strike those thoughts from you mind, immediately!!!...... hmph..! tee hee :lol:

5_♦♣

Get typing people!

Oh no, not for the subtitle. It's a suggestion for the opening post. What do you think of it?

Oh, okay. That makes more sense than a subtitle. It sounds good, just that I'd add philosophy in there as well.

Get typing people!

Oh, okay. That makes more sense than a subtitle. It sounds good, just that I'd add philosophy in there as well.

I think I will be a lurker on that one. I sense it could get heated in there lol. :ph34r:

Midnight Lady

I think I will be a lurker on that one. I sense it could get heated in there lol. :ph34r:

Hopefully, not. We can always add something like "This is not the place for you to show that your opinion is the only true in this universe". After all, heated atmosphere comes when people try to persuade everyone that their opinion is the only one correct. But it is really difficult to make people change their opinions. When people in the chat understand it, the position becomes more relaxed. "This is my opinion, that's yours. I know you won't change yours, but guess what: I won't change mine either. Be cool with it!" At least, that's the principle I follow when I don't have debates in Hot Box (I can just post my opinion, that's all)... :)

Midnight Lady

Midnight Lady, what are you like, strike those thoughts from you mind, immediately!!!...... hmph..! tee hee :lol:

What?... You said it! :D (the words out of context can create magic... ;) )

Hopefully, not. We can always add something like "This is not the place for you to show that your opinion is the only true in this universe". After all, heated atmosphere comes when people try to persuade everyone that their opinion is the only one correct. But it is really difficult to make people change their opinions. When people in the chat understand it, the position becomes more relaxed. "This is my opinion, that's yours. I know you won't change yours, but guess what: I won't change mine either. Be cool with it!" At least, that's the principle I follow when I don't have debates in Hot Box (I can just post my opinion, that's all)... :)

I'm cool with it. If nobody had opinions then life would be boring. 8) I'll scare them with my avatar lol :lol:

Midnight Lady

I'm cool with it. If nobody had opinions then life would be boring. 8) I'll scare them with my avatar lol :lol:

Hm... in that sense, your avatar is much more functional then mine... With my avatar, I could make them melt with love in the best case... :)