For 30-somethings and those around that age

test account

Beachwalker

OMG hahahahaha Beach your new Avatar is AMAZING. That made my day. I wish we had an emoticon for "laughing so hard I'm crying".

Yeh it made me laugh when I saw it to!

Okay. Time for my long awaited grammar post. The reason for my intolerance towards bad spelling/grammar is rather quite evident in my signature. After all, one doesn't become an editor without getting peeved at other people using words wrongly.

For example, mixing up there, their and they're. The first one typically refers to a general place. (Such as, look over there). The second is a possessive pronoun and the last one is a contraction for they are.

Another example of mixing up words that I see a lot here on here on AVEN: Disinterested and uninterested. Disinterested means you have no stake in the outcome of a situation. Uninterested basically means not interested. For instance, I'm personally uninterested in having sex, though I'm disinterested in other people having sex, as I have no stake in other people having sex. And I'm sure most Aces on here feel the same way, yet I constantly see fellow Aces saying they're personally disinterested in having sex.

Ok. MSN!

I invited Ace to the group. I added Lady. Now I am waiting for more members of the group. :)

Big oak trees from small accords grow. :)

Midnight Lady

Ok. MSN!

I invited Ace to the group. I added Lady. Now I am waiting for more members of the group. :)

Big oak trees from small accords grow. :)

We need more accords for the group to grow into the tree... ;)

Re: Nurse Jackie... nope, haven't watched it yet. Did you watch United States of Tara? I LOVED that show.

Re: Grammar. Small misspellings and grammar mistakes don't bother me because I realize people are posting on phones, tablets, and are in a hurry. Posts riddled with punctuation and grammar errors bother me because I have a really hard time deciphering them. And... I'm not gonna lie... if you can't spell anything properly I'm probably going to make certain assumptions about your intelligence. For the record, I'm aware a lot of people on AVEN speak non-english languages... but there's a noticeable difference between english-as-a-second-language and blatant disregard for spelling/ grammar.

AOC, how did you become editor? I don't mean that in a judgy way, I mean it in a "hey, what's the history of asexual news"? way. :)

test account

Ok, now we need to think about "Group Message" and "About the Group" parts. :) I don't want to take that responsibility, being relatively new. :P So... Sweetex and others! Go ahead!

I'm still recovering from the McDonalds sexual abuse video, if anyone else would like to make some suggestions?

@Skull, My hair is much shorter now but not as exciting as what you had done :)

Ok, now we need to think about "Group Message" and "About the Group" parts. :) I don't want to take that responsibility, being relatively new. :P So... Sweetex and others! Go ahead!

You could be a rebel and leave those parts blank. :evil:

Lucinda

Midnight Lady

I'm still recovering from the McDonalds sexual abuse video, if anyone else would like to make some suggestions?

Are you joining us on MSN ? :)

You could be a rebel and leave those parts blank. :evil:

Lucinda

And then people will be scared away totally seeing crazy rebellions... :)

AoC, how did you become editor? I don't mean that in a judgy way, I mean it in a "hey, what's the history of asexual news"? way. :)

It all started Feb 3, 2011 on LiveJournal. That day, I saw a post in the Asexuality LJ community about a new Asexual site looking for volunteer writers, editors etc. So, I commented that I'd like to be an editor (or something to that effect), as I had been waiting so long for the opportunity that I couldn't believe it at first. Later that day, I signed up to become an editor; and the rest is history.

Beachwalker

Re: Nurse Jackie... nope, haven't watched it yet. Did you watch United States of Tara? I LOVED that show.

nah haven't heard of the united states of Tara but will check it out after nurse Jackie :)

@Skull, My hair is much shorter now but not as exciting as what you had done :)

Are you suggesting, that we call ourselves, something along the lines of?

'The Non-Binary, Gender-fluid, Anti-McDonalds Video, Sex Abuse Group'

It has a certain ring to it, I guess, if you like yours made out of plastic!

Okay. Time for my long awaited grammar post. The reason for my intolerance towards bad spelling/grammar is rather quite evident in my signature. After all, one doesn't become an editor without getting peeved at other people using words wrongly.

For example, mixing up there, their and they're. The first one typically refers to a general place. (Such as, look over there). The second is a possessive pronoun and the last one is a contraction for they are.

Another example of mixing up words that I see a lot here on here on AVEN: Disinterested and uninterested. Disinterested means you have no stake in the outcome of a situation. Uninterested basically means not interested. For instance, I'm personally uninterested in having sex, though I'm disinterested in other people having sex, as I have no stake in other people having sex. And I'm sure most Aces on here feel the same way, yet I constantly see fellow Aces saying they're personally disinterested in having sex.

I usually think of the end product, whatever stepping stones we use to get there, always seem less important.

Oh, so that's how people do that. Not that I intend to do that, just curious as I see it every so often.

Arg, I had a response and it is gone.

Clubs: Lucky you saw that post! It's weird to think how different our lives would have turned out if it were for just a few small things.

Cakes: you are too freakin' funny!

Beach: US of Tara stars Toni Colette as a mother and wife with multiple personalities. It's very modern, smart, and funny. Plus, I love Toni Colette so seeing her play several characters was awesome.

Sweetex... how short?! Like above shoulder?

Yeah, I constantly wonder what if. In fact, just 3 weeks earlier-I found out that the case I supposed to be vetted for was canceled. I was so disappointed as I really wanted to be on the jury. Turns out, it was for the best that it was canceled.

I only got the job that I have now because a friend of the owner happened to chat with my partner in line at a convenience store... and they are both chatty enough that it was discovered that her friend owned a law firm in need of help and I happened to be dissatisfied with my job that week due to a crappy court ruling. It was like the stars aligned. I feel very lucky for that.

Beachwalker

Arg, I had a response and it is gone.

Clubs: Lucky you saw that post! It's weird to think how different our lives would have turned out if it were for just a few small things.

Cakes: you are too freakin' funny!

Beach: US of Tara stars Toni Colette as a mother and wife with multiple personalities. It's very modern, smart, and funny. Plus, I love Toni Colette so seeing her play several characters was awesome.

Sweetex... how short?! Like above shoulder?

Sounds food and I like Toni Colette! Have you seen Muriels Wedding? If not I highly recomend it.

CompassRose

*Scratches head*. How is it possible to quote a post without replying?

I hit reply, copied your post, then canceled the reply and just pasted this in the quick reply box.

Beachwalker

Hey hey! I haven't read anything since this morning...just wanted to say hi! I better go back and catch up with you all! :)

Hi lady, shit what time is it there? It's late in the USA isn't it? Your cats are very cute :)

You guys, I have a confession. I am a torrent addict. I have a 1.5 terabit drive full of tv and movies. SHHHHH.... :ph34r:

Here's a link to CANDYMAN... based on a Clive Barker novel, it's kind of like a mind-bending take on the bloody mary legend. It's very good!!

Did you ever see The Hand....CREEPY! It was not attached to a person and crawled around killing people. :lol: Paranormal Activity made me scream at the tv, this is so boring, NOTHING is happening!!!

Yeah, it's so past my bedtime, and little Henry is crying for me to come hold him like a baby on the back step...I'm being weird and replying willy nilly to the posts as I try to catch up! Hope you guys don't mind! :D

CompassRose

It's certainly late on the East coast. I'm off to bed, after I point out that I haven't seen Dex post in a while. Do we know that he's ok? I sure hope so.

Nighty night all.

Beachwalker

Yeah, it's so past my bedtime, and little Henry is crying for me to come hold him like a baby on the back step...I'm being weird and replying willy nilly to the posts as I try to catch up! Hope you guys don't mind! :D

Whatever works for you lady is fine :)

No laws that I am aware of anyway!

We are pretty cruisy

It's 8:45pm where I am. :)

Lady... never heard of the Hand. Idle Hands I know. I like the Paranormal Activity movies, but they all end pretty lamely. My family SUPER believes in ghosts. My mom and brother both believe that our house was haunted. My mom even hired an exorcist to cleanse it... she ended up giving me a painting that he said was possessed (I'm gay so I'm going to hell anyway...). Maybe that's why I have a fondness for the ghost stories, though, because I know what that tension of being afraid of every noise is like.

Hahaha now I made myself sound like a weirdo. Well, time to go pick up the girlfriend from the airport! Glad to have her home again! I won't sleep as well now that she's back (she snores)... though the last two mornings I woke up curled into a tiny ball because those two asshole pets you see in my avatar were hogging the bed.

Beachwalker

It's certainly late on the East coast. I'm off to bed, after I point out that I haven't seen Dex post in a while. Do we know that he's ok? I sure hope so.

Nighty night all.

Night compass :)

I dunno why Dexm hasn't posted. I hope he is ok to. I miss him :(