For 30-somethings and those around that age

test account

CompassRose

http:

Is this gonna work?

Oh for the love of God,how in the hell,do I post something on here.What did I do wrong?It was there,i swear.

No panic. :) You just typed Http twice. :) Here! Btw, it was LOL!!! :D

WOW I DID IT.

No.No you're right I didn't do it.Nothing at all.All my hard work was me actually copying off of Midnight.

I adore that clip.It makes me giggle everytime and I swear I have seen it hundreds of times.All the intellectual comedy in the World I love it all.And in the end,"some bird falling ower"(that was the message I recieved when I first saw it)is Comedy Gold.

That was LOL!!! Almost ROFL! :D

CompassRose

WOW I DID IT.

No.No you're right I didn't do it.Nothing at all.All my hard work was me actually copying off of Midnight.

I adore that clip.It makes me giggle everytime and I swear I have seen it hundreds of times.All the intellectual comedy in the World I love it all.And in the end,"some bird falling ower"(that was the message I recieved when I first saw it)is Comedy Gold.

No worries, you can have the glory. :)

Interesting, if she was fired after that or not?... How is her career as a model going?... ^_^

Hey, Dex, you wanna be one of our acorns as well? :)

Career! Heck! How's her ankle???

Ok...I heard, I think it was in chat once, that Mr. Google is on the site listed as a guest and maybe Yahoo also because they are the search engines used to access AVEN. I think. Why it would be on a particular thread though, I don't know.

Hi Dex! It's good you're back. :)

Did you tell anyone how much trouble I have with MSN M? Being in three places last night was kind of discombobulating. And this morning I tried to go back without any luck. I did manage to accept someone's invitation though...I think it was you Sweetex. :D I have a very tiny tech brain I think.

Google and Yahoo index threads so people who type in keywords (whatever that may be), can find results from AVEN. And honestly, even though I visited the site via links from LJ before joining, it was a Google search that resulted in me joining the forum.

Midnight Lady

Did you tell anyone how much trouble I have with MSN M? Being in three places last night was kind of discombobulating. And this morning I tried to go back without any luck. I did manage to accept someone's invitation though...I think it was you Sweetex. :D I have a very tiny tech brain I think.

That's ok, Lady. :) Computers can look intimidating, I agree. But like my very first ex used to say (he was an IT and programmer student, so, he was crazy about computers. Thank to his persuasion, my family bought me first computer when I was 18) : There is actually not that much you can ruin or damage which can't be fixed. Especially, with Windows. Those guys will asks 1000 questions before you can actually do anything. :)

So, the confusion comes from the difference between the actual Windows Live Messenger and the web-page. The actual messenger can be found in the Start-Programs button of the PC. I wish I knew how it happens with IPads and so on, but I am an old school. :) I use the cell phone which doesn't even have a cam to call people and the lap-top for everything else. :) But I suspect that in the app MSN or something it should have Chats function. Or something like that.

I thought I looked for an MSN app, and got nothing, but I can check again. Otherwise, I can wait till bedtime again, and stay up a little late to try the PC again after Mr. Lady Girl goes to bed...can't stay up as late as last night though, I was tired today!

That's what I did this morning, went to the main start button, I don't know why it didn't work.

Midnight Lady

I thought I looked for an MSN app, and got nothing, but I can check again. Otherwise, I can wait till bedtime again, and stay up a little late to try the PC again after Mr. Lady Girl goes to bed...can't stay up as late as last night though, I was tired today!

That's what I did this morning, went to the main start button, I don't know why it didn't work.

If you have problems, you can always PM me. Did you click the Windows Live Messenger in the Programs manu and then Sign in in the little window it should have opened there?

And it's ok! The fact that we are having the group in the messenger now doesn't mean we will have to be attached to the messenger 24/7. :) We can still be Busy or Away in the messenger, and reply slowly. So, no pressure to chat every free minute. :)

And again: computers can be our friends... :wub:

http://cdn-i.dmdentertainment.com/funpages/cms_content/9618/images/compulove.gif

Beachwalker

iframe>

I.G.I.V.E.U.P.

Just another hint, videos are posted using the media button, not image. In other words, you should see the url link wrapped in [ media ] and [ /media ] (without spaces). I discovered this by hitting reply on a post that had a video in it, and looking at the syntax in their post :)

Very funny too by the way--it made me chuckle.

Yeh it made me laugh as well, the commentators were funny too. I did fee a bit sorry for her, how humiliating.

Beachwalker

Hiya Beachy! :)

Hey lady, hey all, how goes it in your neck of the woods? I have been doing some much needed gardening today. Can't believe it's Friday again already. Soon it'll be Easter, I think I will go camping.

Hiya Beachy! :)

Hey lady, hey all, how goes it in your neck of the woods? I have been doing some much needed gardening today. Can't believe it's Friday again already. Soon it'll be Easter, I think I will go camping.

It's going! I'm up too late again. :) Going to bed now though...camping sounds fun! :D

Winter Hill

Thanks! :)

Yeah, I saw Google several more times. Not only on this thread, but also on the forum. I thought it might be a user, but no, the name is not clickable. So, Google IS spying on us. :ph34r:

I don't know why the AVEN admins allow Google to index the 'community' part of the site. What is of value to general internet searchers in this sort of thread?

They should allow it to look into the asexuality-related forums, and the visibility section, but keep it out of these sections where people reveal a bit more personal information.

test account

I tend to agree D. Its useful to find AVEN's main page through Google, but things Just For Fun and Off A is not important to find at all.

Hey Lady, yes twas me who sent you a friend invite in msn :)

Bea, camping sounds great. Do you go places with showers and stuff or do you rough it?

Certain parts of AVEN are hidden from 'Google' - (h)AVEN for example and Mods only. If the rest AVEN were 'hidden' then it may be difficult for the new and curious to find us.

Beachwalker

I tend to agree D. Its useful to find AVEN's main page through Google, but things Just For Fun and Off A is not important to find at all.

Bea, camping sounds great. Do you go places with showers and stuff or do you rough it?

These days my places of preference have showers, toilets, grass, shade and a nice swimming hole. My favourite place is a place called Edith Falls. It's just beautiful but when I last checked it was still closed from flooding over the wet season. I have a friend who lives out bush and we can camp on their block and have the luxury of access to their house if needed. I don't have issues with squatting behind a tree under the stars for a wee.

Edith Falls has lots of awesome places for swimming and lots of lovely hikes to beautiful swimming holes and water falls. When I am there and swimming I am carefree and have had the thought more than once, that if a croc was to take me there and then at least I would die happy. I guess it is my version of Sweetexs divine.

Beachwalker

Certain parts of AVEN are hidden from 'Google' - (h)AVEN for example and Mods only. If the rest AVEN were 'hidden' then it may be difficult for the new and curious to find us.

What is (h)aven Peiagh?

I thought that was you Sweetex! :) I accepted you!

Beachy, your kind of camping sounds pretty nice, I'm not a camper, but I could handle that. :D

Of the two great modern inventions, the auto and the toilet, if I could only have one, it would probably be the toilet. :lol:

test account

These days my places of preference have showers, toilets, grass, shade and a nice swimming hole. My favourite place is a place called Edith Falls. It's just beautiful but when I last checked it was still closed from flooding over the wet season. I have a friend who lives out bush and we can camp on their block and have the luxury of access to their house if needed. I don't have issues with squatting behind a tree under the stars for a wee.

Edith Falls has lots of awesome places for swimming and lots of lovely hikes to beautiful swimming holes and water falls. When I am there and swimming I am carefree and have had the thought more than once, that if a croc was to take me there and then at least I would die happy. I guess it is my version of Sweetexs divine.

hehehe yes there is something romantic about being taken by a croc while swimming in a waterhole :P

I have never swum in a natural waterhole and it is one of the things on my wishlist. Oh, maybe I tell a lie...there was a big rock pool at a beach one time, and I think I might have taken a dip in that. But I was only small, and I remember it as big and deep and scary. Whenever I go to see waterfalls, if nobody is around, I paddle and if I can get close the fall I dip my head in it. So I envy you :) It sounds beautiful :wub:

Winter Hill

I love to go camping, too. I enjoy it even more when the weather outside is bad and you're laying there in your tent, with a book, listening to the wind and rain batter the outside, but all cosy and warm. Sleeping bags are wonderful, and more than once I've got mine out at home just because I love sleeping in them!

The only thing I really dislike is the showers and things at camp-sites. They're usually really dirty, and the privacy can be bad, especially at some of the more remote places. The best one I ever went to was up on North Uist, I didn't know it when I arrived, but it turned out that the site was brand new, and the showers were wonderful. There was even carpet in the shower block, a little kitchen and dining area to sit in, and sockets to charge stuff up! Inconsiderate campers tend to ruin stuff like that after a while, though :(

WOW I DID IT.

No worries, you can have the glory. :)

Interesting, if she was fired after that or not?... How is her career as a model going?... ^_^

Hey, Dex, you wanna be one of our acorns as well? :)

Career! Heck! How's her ankle???

I do believe that models' ankles are operated on,as soon as they get into that profession.They have their ankles reinforced with Adamantium(an X-Men joke there,just in case anyone on here reads it)the strongest metal of all the times.This procedure enables their ankles to withstand the pressure of 18 inch heels at 1 mm thickness.It is a VERY painfull procedure,but one that is entirely neccessary.

Like I said I do believe that is the case,but I have been none to be wrong.From time to time.

As for the Acorns bit.

Will I need maintenance?If so who maintains me?My propensity for exotic diseases may mean I get root rot.Or worse.I can prune myself and imbibe an adequtae amount of water,but I may need to wear sunnies,whilst getting my fix of the yella ball in the sky.

In a nutshell,yeah,why the hell not.

I love to go camping, too. I enjoy it even more when the weather outside is bad and you're laying there in your tent, with a book, listening to the wind and rain batter the outside, but all cosy and warm. Sleeping bags are wonderful, and more than once I've got mine out at home just because I love sleeping in them!

The only thing I really dislike is the showers and things at camp-sites. They're usually really dirty, and the privacy can be bad, especially at some of the more remote places. The best one I ever went to was up on North Uist, I didn't know it when I arrived, but it turned out that the site was brand new, and the showers were wonderful. There was even carpet in the shower block, a little kitchen and dining area to sit in, and sockets to charge stuff up! Inconsiderate campers tend to ruin stuff like that after a while, though :(

This I like.That to me is a British camping holiday.Bad weather.Nice sleeping bags(I have also slept in my sleeping bag,whilst in the house)Not a hint of Crocodiles.Just good old fashioned midges.Just a toilet,a sink,no shower as I just paddle in the lake and wash.For me it is having a brew after tea,using your little calor gas stove and feeling the warmth on your face and hearing............................nothing.We should all still live in caves in my opinion.

Any chance someone could remind ol' forgetfull chops here,how to get this thread into his content list.I know that was about three weeks ago,but once I get my tiny little technology shunning brain around,that then maybe I can try to figure out what all this other talk you guys are using.And for how long has Aven had a chat room?I must look a little more around this place.I treat like BIG SCHOOL at times and I'm like a year one student,nervous as hell of all the big people and big classrooms.

Winter Hill

This I like.That to me is a British camping holiday.Bad weather.Nice sleeping bags(I have also slept in my sleeping bag,whilst in the house)Not a hint of Crocodiles.Just good old fashioned midges.Just a toilet,a sink,no shower as I just paddle in the lake and wash.For me it is having a brew after tea,using your little calor gas stove and feeling the warmth on your face and hearing............................nothing.We should all still live in caves in my opinion.

The great thing about midges is that they all bugger off as soon as the wind gets up a bit. They aren't a massive issue in the Hebrides, for instance, because it's all very close to the coastline, and hence windy. Some of the moors on Lewis and Harris get them, but not so much in the Uists or Barra. A trusty bottle of skin-so-soft keeps the nasty little things away, anyway!

Midnight Lady

As for the Acorns bit.

Will I need maintenance?If so who maintains me?My propensity for exotic diseases may mean I get root rot.Or worse.I can prune myself and imbibe an adequtae amount of water,but I may need to wear sunnies,whilst getting my fix of the yella ball in the sky.

In a nutshell,yeah,why the hell not.

Those who want to become acorns, should PM me their MSN (in new versions of Windows it is called Windows Live Messenger) email address. :P

Midnight Lady

Oh my... :( Like in the best years of my childhood... The third night spent with fever (this is the worst part)... other "beautiful" symptoms in their "beauty" (as if several knives cut my throat every time I swallow)... I look terrible, sound terrible, and feel terrible... :( But the difference from childhood is that now I have to go to work, since my supervisor doesn't answer the calls, and I can't inform anyone that I am not coming... So, I am coming... *Walking Dead*

Sweetex, and that person was arguing that being sick is a fulfilled and happy life... :wacko:

Thanks! :)

Yeah, I saw Google several more times. Not only on this thread, but also on the forum. I thought it might be a user, but no, the name is not clickable. So, Google IS spying on us. :ph34r:

I don't know why the AVEN admins allow Google to index the 'community' part of the site. What is of value to general internet searchers in this sort of thread?

This thread is in the Asexuality section of AVEN, not the community section.

What is (h)aven Peiagh?

It's a private forum (not open to general members) for those who want to discuss very personal issues but in a completely secure and accepting forum. You apply if you have a specific problem or set of very personal problems you would like help with or just get them off your chest. There are strict criteria, all applications are debated by the admod team and the 'rules' are necessarily far stricter than the open board. For example, one (upheld) complaint is an immediate ban from the forum (not the general board) and readmittance is only if agreed by all members of the forum.

The great thing about midges is that they all bugger off as soon as the wind gets up a bit. They aren't a massive issue in the Hebrides, for instance, because it's all very close to the coastline, and hence windy. Some of the moors on Lewis and Harris get them, but not so much in the Uists or Barra. A trusty bottle of skin-so-soft keeps the nasty little things away, anyway!

There was one time I camped as a Scout in Scotland and my word was that the largest collection of flying,biting,annoying creatures I have ever seen.When I returned home after a week,mother dearest took one look at poor Dex and whipped the Bible out,just to see if there was ANYTHING she could do for a possible outbreak of Lepresy.There were some truly amazing sights,as every Scout thought up new ways of counteracting the threat from the little buggers.Not at all helped,might I add,by 4 days straight worth of rain.We bloody loved it :)

Oh my... :( Like in the best years of my childhood... The third night spent with fever (this is the worst part)... other "beautiful" symptoms in their "beauty" (as if several knives cut my throat every time I swallow)... I look terrible, sound terrible, and feel terrible... :( But the difference from childhood is that now I have to go to work, since my supervisor doesn't answer the calls, and I can't inform anyone that I am not coming... So, I am coming... *Walking Dead*

Sweetex, and that person was arguing that being sick is a fulfilled and happy life... :wacko:

What have you caught Midnight?I think I may have become contagious just through reading your message.

As for the person that finds being sick fullfilling,try and see how full I have been filled with illness and see if they find it fullfilling then.

Greatest random insult of the week.

One Footballing playing lad,whilst kicking said Football at his pal:"F**k off,you fat,skinny bastard".He then procceded to blast the ball at his mate,from about 3 metres away.And missed.A huge roar of laughter came from the boy who was being mocked and the rest of the crew.

DexM was struggling with his shopping bags,but that piece of schoolboy tomfoolery,spurred him home.