For 30-somethings and those around that age

test account

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

Go ahead!! i have to go to work, when im back i will try to write some of that what you are telling. :rolleyes: By the way if you have some friends around would be awesome if you tell them about this forum.

i'll tell my bf....he is hitting the margin. hahahahaha, i got 3 more years to go.....but after my first marriage...i already felt like 30 emotionally

• Like 1

I'm in my 30's physically, but socially less mature - so at times I blend in with the younger people here, and other times not. I think this is a much-needed forum, and I'd like to be able to connect with those few others in my age group.

• Like 10
Guest Invisible Pumpkin

These all blablabla on the other thread made me a bit tired lol! gosh really, im not such an argue person, its just that i cant believe that some people do not want to share a bit space, but the worse its that they are not actually the techs team who are the ones that must dislike the idea, if its so... :lol:.

Few days ago, "silly me" tried to cheer up an aven kid that was complaining about mom issues (well i must say the true i will never be old enough when its about this) I basically got a "this is not your business reply" and i deserved it!! I dont know if you guys have hear this saying, that its very common in Venezuela: Whoever who sleeps with children wakes up all wet of piiii (El que duerme con niños amanece mojado), really, messing, and just even to try to be with them is always a bad idea. I think we all gonna be fine here, and maybe now we are just 3 but those teens are gonna grow up some day, when that happens im going to be waiting all this bunch of kids in the older forum and im gonna see what they are gonna do :lol: im kidding haha!!!

So cheers for the 30´s! Those who wants to keep playing as a kid, loving life as babies and getting stressed as much as a teen its for bf/gf issues.

Ged of Earthsea

I dont know if you guys have hear this saying, that its very common in Venezuela: Whoever who sleeps with children wakes up all wet of piiii (El que duerme con niños amanece mojado), really, messing, and just even to try to be with them is always a bad idea. I think we all gonna be fine here, and maybe now we are just 3 but those teens are gonna grow up some day...

So cheers for the 30´s! Those who wants to keep playing as a kid, loving life as babies and getting stressed as much as a teen its for bf/gf issues.

That's a really cool phrase. I think there are more than 3 of us here. We just make less noise. I'm not even sure if the 25-45 age group is a tiny minority on this forum. They might just post a lot less.

Crazy Cat Lady

I don't really have anything specific to discuss, but I just wanted to pipe in that I'm another one here in my (late) 30s. Hi, everyone!

• Like 2

I don't know if anyone else here has ever felt this way, but there are days where I feel 34 going on 364! It's just that sometimes I feel my spirit/soul/personality feels a hell of a lot older than I am physically.

So who here remembers the Doomsday Clock? Were you scared? I was terrified.

What exactly is the Doomsday Clock?

BaronTheCat

I don't know if anyone else here has ever felt this way, but there are days where I feel 34 going on 364! It's just that sometimes I feel my spirit/soul/personality feels a hell of a lot older than I am physically.

Yeah, me too. But it's also the other way around. I feel like half kid and half middle-aged person. Not really like 30 :lol:

• Like 2

I'm 6 years away from being 30. Sooo I guess I'm not allowed in this thread yet for quite a few years unless Averillo referred to mental age, then I might have a chance :D :D

i don't know who is spreading the wrong info about but the title may say older..but it definately DOES NOT SAY..anyone one else isn't welcome

i don't know who is spreading the wrong info about but the title may say older..but it definately DOES NOT SAY..anyone one else isn't welcome

Don't worry about it PiF, I'm pretty sure mental age qualifies (but does not disqualify if physical age is applicable instead).

I've been wondering, how does hitting 30 make you feel? The next big milestone is a 40-something, so for a person who on the day before their birthday was still in their twenties, it might feel like a shock to next be looking forward to their forties. From the perspective of a twenty-something, looking forward to 30 rather than 40 might have a difference.

I kept my birthday quiet when I turned 30 - I knew the guys at work would be playing practical jokes left, right and centre if they knew! :D

• Like 1

wow, i can't believe i'm 30, and i'll be turning 31 in a few months, i remember the doomsday clock, those interesting yet painful slap bracelets, and madonna was amazing for everyone and michael jackson (r.i.p.) was black, and doctor who was on every friday night on p.b.s in my town. i was happy playing by myself in a neighborhood where there was only just me, and a forest for me to play with.

Ged of Earthsea

That chart in the article showed me why it was a big deal for me. I was 10 in 1984 when the dudes in charge considered us closest to world annihilation since WWII. We got nuclear bomb emergency drills at school (yeah, hide under your desk and you'll be okay?) and there were tv shows telling you how to build a bomb shelter in your back yard.

I think it is cultural. I wasn't aware the clock existed till much later and we never cared for it. Do you remember a film called The Man Who Saw Tomorrow? That freaked me out completely. Then the conflicts in the Gulf started and my sister and I thought it was all going to come true.

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

I'm 6 years away from being 30. Sooo I guess I'm not allowed in this thread yet for quite a few years unless Averillo referred to mental age, then I might have a chance :D :D

LOL Dont worry, nobody will kick ur ass out of this thread! if u feel you like this place better than other should be ok.

Crazy Cat Lady

I hadn't heard of the Doomsday Clock until just now...

As for turning 30, I don't really remember it bothering me. The year I was 29 sucked (health-wise), so it was probably a relief!!!! ;)

I do remember (only briefly) turning 20, though. I wasn't too thrilled about that. I have a twinge for about 30 seconds, though, every time there's a milestone, I guess. Including, hitting 27, 37, etc (in my LATE 20s or 30s! Eek! :o )