For 30-somethings and those around that age

test account

3 minutes ago, LVG said:

I always just said hot if I thought I guy was really attractive. Nowadays, I typically just say good looking. 

I'm moving in the same direction.

Most of my friends have smallies and whilst I am (apparently) quite good at entertaining them for a few hours at a time I have 0 interest in having any of my own. Spent this weekend with my friends who have 3 girls under the age of 5, 2 dogs and a cat. Needed a day off after to recover and ended up spending the day with my sister-in-law and 4 and a half month old nephew. Last weekend I was at a school Christmas Fayre with my friend and his 2 kids (4&1) which led to some assumptions and quick explanations that I was simply auxiliary au pair for the day. Taste of a "normal" life expected of someone of my age and gender, happier being abnormal in that case...😆 as found it all exhausting!

• Like 4
bluedragonwings
19 hours ago, borkfork said:

I never understood people trying to show off pictures of their significant other 

I remember some of my older friends came home during xmas season showing off wallet photos of their girlfriends. It was annoying. So when two of them brought them out at the same time, I picked the friend that would be most embarrassed and said "She's hotter". They both got mad at me for different reasons, but man did it cheer me up to do that.

15 hours ago, Octo Claus said:

I cannot bring myself to refer to people as “hot” no matter how good looking they are...

I certainly don't use that much anymore. Although I have always used "cute" as a descriptor for physical appearance I liked.

• Like 4

So the other day I told my friend (who is gay) that I knew I wasn't straight, that I'm attracted to women (she knew that,) but that I don't consider myself gay because I don't desire sex, romance, or any sort of partnership. She is convinced that I'm a lesbian who just hasn't come into her own yet and that I need to hang out with more lesbians. I told her I'd be happy to, but not to hook up :P I finally reassured her that if some beautiful woman came along one day and swept me off my feet I wouldn't resist. She seemed pacified by that :P 

• Like 3
On 6.12.2017 at 3:41 AM, bluedragonwings said:

I remember some of my older friends came home during xmas season showing off wallet photos of their girlfriends. It was annoying. So when two of them brought them out at the same time, I picked the friend that would be most embarrassed and said "She's hotter". They both got mad at me for different reasons, but man did it cheer me up to do that.

Brilliant stuff :D

Given the early lesbian experiences I had, I would've probably figured it out a long time ago if it at all applied to me...

Yeah, and it's not like I have any reason to be invested in not acknowledging my orientation... It's not like I'm in a heterosexual marriage with kids that would lead to all sorts of upheaval or anything. Plus I was questioning if I was gay since high school so it's definitely not this unfamiliar concept that never occurred to me. I told her she was obviously just part of the gay agenda and was trying to recruit me :P 

• Like 3

At this point I believe that all these worries about sex among peers is either cultural or I am just exceptionally good at ignoring it.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, SaturnOOO said:

Yeah, and it's not like I have any reason to be invested in not acknowledging my orientation... It's not like I'm in a heterosexual marriage with kids that would lead to all sorts of upheaval or anything. Plus I was questioning if I was gay since high school so it's definitely not this unfamiliar concept that never occurred to me. I told her she was obviously just part of the gay agenda and was trying to recruit me :P 

I wish more lesbians would try to recruit me. :(

3 hours ago, Grinchmer said:

At this point I believe that all these worries about sex among peers is either cultural or I am just exceptionally good at ignoring it.

Probably a mix of both. I think it depends on personalities too. You kind of need someone bold enough to ask outright to get other people to start, at least in group environments like my workplace. Or even families. My family is not inclined to ask personal questions. It took my brother probably the better part of a year to outright ask me if I'm asexual, and after I simply and unambiguously said "Yes I am" we just moved on. There was no follow up. It was great. :D

• Like 2
Elftober Country
9 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

Perhaps the "gay pirate dog" stuff is confusing them, they think you've already been recruited. 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

Seriously? Or just as a change from being hit on by men?

11 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

It took my brother probably the better part of a year to outright ask me if I'm asexual, and after I simply and unambiguously said "Yes I am" we just moved on. There was no follow up. It was great.

No-one has ever asked me. And in those limited occasions where I've told people, the most frequent reply has been been something along the lines of "Oh, really?". Which is British for 'let's change the subject'.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Grinchmer said:

It probably seems more common than it is when reading AVEN because here is where we'll share it on the occasions when it happens to come up?

1 hour ago, Snao Cone said:

I've been here undercover trying to recruit you for ages, but you're skillfully evasive. :twisted:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Octo Claus said:

Perhaps the "gay pirate dog" stuff is confusing them, they think you've already been recruited. 

True! My shrine to gay pirates probably confuses people.

1 hour ago, Midland Tyke said:

Seriously? Or just as a change from being hit on by men?

I don't get hit on by men nearly as often anymore. I think it comes down to Canadian politeness, for both unwanted advances and people asking if I'm gay.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, SaturnOOO said:

I've been here undercover trying to recruit you for ages, but you're skillfully evasive. :twisted:

You know I'll do it for the gift registry.

• Like 1
Elftober Country
6 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

True! My shrine to gay pirates probably confuses people.

You had me fooled for a little while!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Snao Cone said:

You know I'll do it for the gift registry.

See? It's all a big joke to you isn't it? How dare you evade my agenda...

Edit : "joke" autocorrected twice to "hole" xD

• Like 1

I was sooo close to making a poor and inappropriate joke :D

40 minutes ago, Grinchmer said:

Don't let me stop you.

But I like you :P

• Like 1

I will never take something you say about me as an insult because I know deep down inside you love and respect me as your third favourite Canadian, following SaturnOOO and Celine Dion. 

1 hour ago, Grinchmer said:

were you going to get into a hole lot of trouble?

1 minute ago, Snao Cone said:

I will never take something you say about me as an insult because I know deep down inside you love and respect me as your third favourite Canadian, following SaturnOOO and Celine Dion. 

It's a good job that Canadians don't play proper football, or you'd all be relegated way down his list

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Snao Cone said:

following SaturnOOO and Celine Dion. 

Obvi

• Like 1
Elftober Country
4 minutes ago, SaturnOOO said:

Obvi

I gotta rethink my Canadian league table :huh:

4 hours ago, Octo Claus said:

I gotta rethink my Canadian league table :huh:

What's that??