For 30-somethings and those around that age

test account

As much as I like my job, right now I cannot imagine where I would find the energy to even just take my sleepy carcass to the office tomorrow, let alone do actual work. I feel more tired now than at the beginning of the weekend, even though all I did was play a little Need For Speed, watch TED talks and leisurely flip through my Dutch books - and nothing else, since Friday evening. How does that even work?? 

I was robbed of a weekend because I had to work yesterday. Granted, it was only half a day, but then I always nap afterwards so I lose a little more. Today I got my hair cut and car washed then watched tabletop game videos all afternoon. Kind of a wasted day, but I really didn't feel like doing anything else. Besides, once I get through the week, I'll be on my way to the beach for vacation. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Anewnameforme said:

Will you make it to sleep at night? When I take naps I cannot sleep at night normally. :(

I didn't fall asleep until about 3:45 in the morning, but part of that is because video games :ph34r:

Guest Invisible Pumpkin
12 minutes ago, Snao Çoñé said:

I didn't fall asleep until about 3:45 in the morning, but part of that is because video games :ph34r:

:oWhat video games do you play? 

:ph34r:

43 minutes ago, Anewnameforme said:

:oWhat video games do you play? 

:ph34r:

The one that kept me up last night is Civilization V. I don't play very many, and I went months without playing this one...but when I feel like I'm so close to winning, I end up staying up two hours later than I intended. :P

Guest Invisible Pumpkin
1 minute ago, Snao Çoñé said:

The one that kept me up last night is Civilization V. I don't play very many, and I went months without playing this one...but when I feel like I'm so close to winning, I end up staying up two hours later than I intended. :P

And you won? Please tell me you didn't, that would make me happy! hahahaha :twisted::lol:

Yes I won :P I play on an easy setting because I don't care about challenges. :D

Guest Invisible Pumpkin
25 minutes ago, Snao Çoñé said:

Yes I won :P I play on an easy setting because I don't care about challenges. :D

I'm that way too. I think there is something weird with me in relationship with the rest of the people who seems to be so motivated etc :mellow: 

@Snao Çoñé, your sleepy time was within two minutes of the time I was woken up by a furry facewash :mad:

• Like 1

I kinda feel like I wasted my weekend - I spent almost all of Saturday laying on the sofa listening to the radio. I don't want it to be Monday waaaa :(

• Like 4
Autumn Season
12 minutes ago, Anewnameforme said:

We need to make a support "it's Monday already" group.

BTW happy Monday!

Monday is almost over already! ... Okay, I'll stop... for now.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Snao Çoñé said:

Yep Easy Setting is best. Who played the original Civ back in the day? I used to go over to my neighbours house and play it there, then my brother received civ 2 for his birthday we would spend hours/weekends playing. So much fun and so easy to lose yourself in it.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, KayleeBear said:

Yep Easy Setting is best. Who played the original Civ back in the day? I used to go over to my neighbours house and play it there, then my brother received civ 2 for his birthday we would spend hours/weekends playing. So much fun and so easy to lose yourself in it.

Yup, I played a ton of original Civ and Civ 2! Like an unhealthy amount. :D Much less of 3 and 4, way too much 5.

Autumn Season
5 hours ago, KayleeBear said:

I did! I want to again, maybe it's on abandonia?

• Like 1

I had versions of it on my last desktop computer, but it's been a few years.

• Like 1

The only video game I play is the Sims, though I don't play it regularly. In fact, I haven't played it since I started back at work in the spring. 

• Like 2
bluedragonwings

I played some Civ. But my thing back in the day was Starcraft. Just being able to backstab your friends by turning off allied victory and then mass nuking them.

Autumn Season

Yesterday I played Caesar III again, hehe. I even have two versions of it, one is a remake.

I bought Inside over the weekend and played a little more while my FFXV was updating. Inside is the prime example of why I typically stick to Final Fantasy games. I hate being chased by things in games.

• Like 1
Autumn Season

Actually I'm considering playing more horror games. If I get comfortable with being afraid, I just might not run away from my fears in real life anymore.

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, Autumn Season said:

Yesterday I played Caesar III again, hehe. I even have two versions of it, one is a remake.

I used to love Caesar III, but I could never meet the prosperity requirements for the upper levels.

• Like 1
Autumn Season
2 minutes ago, Pramana said:

I used to love Caesar III, but I could never meet the prosperity requirements for the upper levels.

I confess I replay the lower levels a lot.

Guest Invisible Pumpkin

I got stolen my night :(.  

Spoiler

I decided to take some natural drops of valeriana?? to sleep at night (I do sleep well, I just sleep late) and they put me to pee all night long :redface: and sleeping in between. BRB I need to pee again lol:unsure:. I want my hours to sleep back!! :(

I had an okay sleep, but at the very end I had a light dream where I was talking about how I can sleep in until 8. So when my alarm went off at 7, I was confused for a couple of seconds.

• Like 1

After doing day shifts for two months, doing evenings this week is messing with sleep. I'm going to bed after midnight but still waking up before 7. Today got back to sleep for another hour, at least.

• Like 2

I had the strangest dream last night. In it, I dreamed my friend, who is cis-male, was transgender, and the way it was revealed to me was so bizarre, I'm not even going to bother explaining. I literally woke up thinking, WTF brain? 

• Like 2

Yep, I know what you mean. I had a semi nightmare the other day in which I encountered a guy who was quite clearly a sociopath. I won't go into the gross things he liked to do (not in the sexual sense, just in the gory sense,) but when I woke up I was like... Okay somehow it was my brain that came up with that... :mellow:

• Like 3