Lady Gaga: Born this Way

Story

BornThisWayUnicorn.jpg

Asexual Unicorn?

I remember Gaga talking about celibacy at some point as well. I know celibacy and A is different, but...food for thought?

The pink triangles represent the LBGT community. In Nazi Germany, homosexuals in concentration camps had to wear inverted pink triangles in the same way that Jews had to wear gold stars. Nowadays, the triangle is usually pointed upright as a symbol of LBGT pride (like at the end of the Lady Gaga video).

I'm sorry, this video was just horrendous and made me fall out of love with lady gaga

(i'm all for the LGBT community and all, yay pink triangles, or any triangles. I'm very pro triangle. but the video as a whole just didn't do it for me)

sinisterporpoise

There is a lot of symbolism in this video, but there is no Asexual symbolism in it. I don't really care for Lady Gaga myself, but people have thoroughly analyzed this video.

Oh, okay makes sense!

Yeah I too hated that video for more than one reason. She isn't the best dancer and a video of her just dancing in her underwear for the most part was blah.

I miss the FAME Gaga.

Unicorns actually appear a lot in gay pop culture. I guess because they go with rainbows and sparkles or something.

Look, I searched "unicorns in pop culture" and found that someone on the internet agrees with me.

Unicorns? Rainbows? Sparkles? A siren just went off in my head! The music video for Kesha-Blow had a bunch of dancing...well...I'll let you see for yourself. Does this have some kind of symbolism or is this just ordinary Kesha rubbish?

• 1 month later...
che*brava

Heaps of symbolism indeed. Ever since I first saw Lady Gaga's videos I couldn't help but think there are some strange, seemingly ominous, hidden messages in them. I couldn't resist asking Google and stumbled across this detailed analysis of the symbolism of Born this Way:

http://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusiness/lady-gagas-born-this-way-the-illuminati-manifesto/

The website also analyses her other videos, drawing many similar conclusions. I wonder though, if anyone interprets the meaning as something other than mind control and Illuminati.

Member 35376

I love the video actually. But then I also adore Atomic Kittens videos so that says it all, doesn't it? LOL!

I actually do analyse many mainstream videos and there is a TON of sublime messages in many of them. "Born this way" is so far the most jam-packed, IMO. Rihanna's "Umbrella" is also jam-packed with very strange sublime messages (triangle used there too in an even more obvious but yet still unclear way). I love "Umbrella" too, btw. Every time I look at these two particular videos I discover something new.

I don't know what to make of these things in a larger context.. even though I fancy conspiracies I am not sure if there is anything "strange" going on except producing "eye candy" and "emotional candy" in order to gain profit from it (which they do.. in insane amounts).

kelseygurl: Thanx for posting the Kesha vid.. that one was a bit interesting and also filled with sublime things.. and.. yea.. strange, lol :P

EDIT: My own interpretation of the line in Born this way which goes "It doesn’t matter if you love him, or capital H-I-M" is that it is a reference to that it does not matter what (mono)religion you believe in... it is the same god. Metaphorically speaking it would then be a way to tear down the barriers between mono-religions which dominates the spiritual aspect of humanity.

sinisterporpoise

And before this thread gets any more ground, the upside down pink triangle was used in Nazi concentration camps to identify homosexual inmates.

carried in bags

I am seeing Lady Gaga next Sunday :wub:

I can't freaking stop reading all the interpretations for her different videos! I know I was going to do something useful, but now I'm screwed. Her and her freaking weird ass videos..

Vampireseal

I thought it was just an awesome 80s style unicorn.

Yeah, I guess the pink triangle was a gay pride symbol and all. But it's also in an awesome 80s style pink. Personally, I thought the beginning of the Born this Way Video was cool, but the rest of the video didn't live up to the promise of the initial 30 seconds or so. The latest video to Judas is much better.

I'm jealous! Awesome! I'm such a little monster. Rawr!

dooomninja

Well i know unicorn in the polyamory community means a HBB (hot bi baby) that’s the ‘holy grail’ for strait guys (apparently a threesome with two girls is every guys dream :rolleyes: )

. . .but there are sounds

Well i know unicorn in the polyamory community means a HBB (hot bi baby) that’s the ‘holy grail’ for strait guys (apparently a threesome with two girls is every guys dream :rolleyes: )

I have never really understood that one, I can imagine very few ways in which two females and one male could all be "playing together" at once. It seems to me that most of the time someone would be cooling their heels on the sidelines as it were. Two males and one female makes a lot more sense, from, you know, a logistical point of view.

carried in bags
I'm jealous! Awesome! I'm such a little monster. Rawr!

it was awesome! i used to love her but now i'm totaly obsessed with her . i'm definatly going to see her again...

dooomninja

I have never really understood that one, I can imagine very few ways in which two females and one male could all be "playing together" at once. It seems to me that most of the time someone would be cooling their heels on the sidelines as it were. Two males and one female makes a lot more sense, from, you know, a logistical point of view.

this is a but TMI so i'll put it in spoilers

Well for a guy that likes oral he could have one girl on his face the other… you know

Or a girl could do something similar, or with toys there are more possibilities

Or the girls could go together while the guy watches (most like that apparently :rolleyes: )

Yh i’m off to wash my mind out now :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I like her songs, especially the "Fame" album....but her videos are too weird for me. ;) One viewing of each of them is enough for me. :) Her songs, however, I did enjoy. :)

EDIT: My own interpretation of the line in Born this way which goes "It doesn’t matter if you love him, or capital H-I-M" is that it is a reference to that it does not matter what (mono)religion you believe in... it is the same god. Metaphorically speaking it would then be a way to tear down the barriers between mono-religions which dominates the spiritual aspect of humanity.

It always makes me chuckle when i hear people say that it's all the same god, no matter which religion, because that's not how the believers see it, and people may not realise how offensive that apparently inclusive statement is to some people. Many religious people choose their religion because they think it's the right one. If it didnt matter, they probably wouldn't be religious, unless they just like the ceremonies and traditions. Saying 'its all the same god' is giving a religious opinion which not everyone will agree with. So if Lady Gaga is saying that, hoping to sound totally cool and inclusive, she has kinda failed. Sorry LG. You can haz failed :lol:

It always makes me chuckle when i hear people say that it's all the same god, no matter which religion, because that's not how the believers see it, and people may not realise how offensive that apparently inclusive statement is to some people. Many religious people choose their religion because they think it's the right one. If it didnt matter, they probably wouldn't be religious, unless they just like the ceremonies and traditions. Saying 'its all the same god' is giving a religious opinion which not everyone will agree with. So if Lady Gaga is saying that, hoping to sound totally cool and inclusive, she has kinda failed. Sorry LG. You can haz failed :lol:

LOL (not the insulting "lol" - rather as in "wow..thanx for the valid input" :) )! Well.. *ehrm* to you, The late AA.. I just happen myself to live, think and feel in some very utopian ways. There IS very much logic validity in what you say here as I see it! And it is NOT an "easy solved problem" in RL.. I mean.. ehh.. put a bunch of people who believe in ONE God in a room and let them speak their mind.. well.. that is the world we live in. Maybe it is even impossible to solve all of this in its "basic form".. the way I see it Lady Gaga expressed several utopian ways to look at actually many things in this very video. If she succeeded or not.. well.. she has made herself a name so I guess the future will answer that question. I myself have no clue as "utopian" in itself.. is utopian :lol: (did I just twist my brain there.. better call my.. brain-chiropractor)!

LOL (not the insulting "lol" - rather as in "wow..thanx for the valid input" :) )! Well.. *ehrm* to you, The late AA.. I just happen myself to live, think and feel in some very utopian ways. There IS very much logic validity in what you say here as I see it! And it is NOT an "easy solved problem" in RL.. I mean.. ehh.. put a bunch of people who believe in ONE God in a room and let them speak their mind.. well.. that is the world we live in. Maybe it is even impossible to solve all of this in its "basic form".. the way I see it Lady Gaga expressed several utopian ways to look at actually many things in this very video. If she succeeded or not.. well.. she has made herself a name so I guess the future will answer that question. I myself have no clue as "utopian" in itself.. is utopian :lol: (did I just twist my brain there.. better call my.. brain-chiropractor)!

hehehe 'brain-chiropractor'! I need one of those sometimes.

Something else as a weird side-point regarding the triangle thing... in the Nazi concentration camps, Jehovah's Witnesses were identified by an inverted purple triangle. Totally unrelated of course... :lol:

hehehe 'brain-chiropractor'! I need one of those sometimes.

I am so sorry.. the number to.. "HIM".. is top secret, lol (yea.. there was a twist there too).

Something else as a weird side-point regarding the triangle thing... in the Nazi concentration camps, Jehovah's Witnesses were identified by an inverted purple triangle. Totally unrelated of course... :lol:

:)

It is actually quite an amazing vid when it comes to symbolism and metaphors because I have so far not seen anything coming near it in that aspect. Well.. now I actually thought of mainstream music.. I mean.. you can find symbolism and metaphors far beyond any mainstream music in the underground area. A few examples.