Psychology Today [2009]

KestrelWings

I just found this googling asexuality and it made me happy so I am posting it here. I found it pretty accurate, though I don't see why an asexual as shown in the photo would refuse a box of what is presumably candy. ^_^

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/living-single/200912/asexuals-who-are-they-and-why-are-they-important

I'd be like, "YEAH! Free chocolate! Thanks!" *runs off with box* (Nevermind the heart shape to it, it's free and it's chocolate.) That girl would be going, "... What the hell?" Bahahaa.

Thanks for the share.

Hey, thanks for posting this! ^_^ It makes me smile to see that there are people out there who try to understand.

And I agree - I'd definitely take the candy!

Thanks for adding this! This is definitely one of the better articles I've seen about asexuality, as far as seeking to be understanding and knowledge gathering rather than just ignorance and semi-insulting portrayals. (Although I realize that all articles aren't like that... I just gave up looking a while ago, since I didn't want to have to try and sift through things that may or maynot make me feel bad or insulted.)

Yay for genuine interest and understanding!

And props to your for sharing. :)

I just found this googling asexuality and it made me happy so I am posting it here. I found it pretty accurate, though I don't see why an asexual as shown in the photo would refuse a box of what is presumably candy. ^_^

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/living-single/200912/asexuals-who-are-they-and-why-are-they-important

Interesting.. I'll read it now. Hope it doesn't just totally dismiss asexuals as some other life form but tries to understand it... my undergrad school actually wrote a pretty good article on asexuality a few years ago, as part of a special "Valentine's Day" issue...

And maybe i'm stating the obvious here but i think the guy is refusing the candy heart because the heart represents relationships/love, and apparently asexuals don't want that... or because chocolate represents sex. hmm.

EDIT: just read the article & it is very well written!! And references this site quite a bit. Good job. I read some of the comments in the 'Discussion' as well... interesting stuff. Some sexuals jumped to assuming asexuals have lower brain size or depression... but 90% of the comments (I read anyway) were asexuals defending their orientation with good responses... hopefully this will get more awareness out there.

Edited by vogue

I would NEVER turn down free chocolate. NEVER.

I really like Bella DePaulo's blog. When she's not writing awesome articles about asexuality, she's writing awesome articles about how awesome it is to be single.

Yes, a decent article, but the first comment on the article was just hilarious. Some skeptical person who had obvious problems believing the validity of asexuality suggested that

I think It's possible people are born with smaller brain anatomy which could effect sexual desire.

:lol: :lol:

The comments started to get better afterwards.

Yeah, the 'smaller brain' guy and the guy who said 'If you've ever had an erection/become wet, you like sex' were about the only bad posters I saw. The rest of the posts were pretty much just awesome. It's always nice to find an article like this.