Something positive for once!

fretful lettuce

It was so good i'm going to read it again. Maybe bookmark it to send to others.

"We're A! Stay away! Get used to it!"

I love that one. I think I'll use it.

I didn't care for the whole "last to come out of the closet" attitude, though- as weird as it is to not want sex, I think people who are turned on by a woman changing a flat tire or wearing a cast are way way weirder (yes, those are real fetishes). Surely we're not considered perverts?

Live R Perfect
Of course! Without asexuality.org or the (heh) Frigidarium (www.geocities.com/decussationofthepyramids/index.html) – slightly grim but informative sites with links to a discussion forum and the few other resources out there for don't-wannas – there would be no movement. After all, despite ubiquitous comparisons to the early days of gay rights, there are comparatively few asexuals, and they have far less motivation to gather in bars to ... what? Not go home with one another? Nope, this is a movement destined to be born online and nowhere else. Connection without physical contact, how much more A could you get?

Ooh yeah! :D I like it!

VivreEstEsperer

We're A! Stay away!" Ha, that's great! We should chant that in our big A-pride marches :)

Imagine feeling that out of touch with your fellow humans and never being able to tell anyone without fear of approbation or, worse, pity. Frankly, I can. I imagine most asexuals feeling about sex the way I do about two equally near-universal passions I just don't get: God and baseball. I can see the appeal, maybe, sort of abstractly, but I just don't feel the pull.

Ha! love the God and basketball references - two things I don't get either.

Kate

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived