Sometimes young people give me the faeces

test account

The best meal I ever had was cooked by my (then) sister in law - they'd bought a smallholding in Pentre Halkyn and there was one of those old ranges...you know the ones with a fire on one side and oven on the other...the meat was cooked to perfection and so moist...

When I first came south (and staying in Edgehill during the week) I stayed in a farmhouse and I really :wub: :wub: :wub: the AGA. If ever I won the lottery, I'd buy a house with a kitchen big enough for an AGA - they're the most incredible things...can't call them a 'cooker' they're so much more than that :lol:

*For our friends across the pond who may call them something else http://www.twyford-cookers.com/ProductRange.aspx?gclid=CMOHsfLPra8CFYgifAodVHrilw *

test account

The best meal I ever had was cooked by my (then) sister in law - they'd bought a smallholding in Pentre Halkyn and there was one of those old ranges...you know the ones with a fire on one side and oven on the other...the meat was cooked to perfection and so moist...

When I first came south (and staying in Edgehill during the week) I stayed in a farmhouse and I really :wub: :wub: :wub: the AGA. If ever I won the lottery, I'd buy a house with a kitchen big enough for an AGA - they're the most incredible things...can't call them a 'cooker' they're so much more than that :lol:

*For our friends across the pond who may call them something else http://www.twyford-cookers.com/ProductRange.aspx?gclid=CMOHsfLPra8CFYgifAodVHrilw *

I don't think I've ever seen a range cooker in real life! I didn't know you could still buy them. Are they really big then? Why do they have so many oven bits? Is it so you can cook lots of things at once? That would come in handy when I'm wanting to grill chops and heat rolls at the same time.

Beachwalker

I don't think I've ever seen a range cooker in real life! I didn't know you could still buy them. Are they really big then? Why do they have so many oven bits? Is it so you can cook lots of things at once? That would come in handy when I'm wanting to grill chops and heat rolls at the same time.

They are multipurpose all right, the one at my aunts house heated the water for the house and also provived heating for the house in these hot water pipe type heaters! Amazing!

Beachwalker

Am cooking roast lamb for dinner not in an AGA but in a regular electric oven, the smell is killing me.

I just bought a very expensive lamb roast two nights ago and basted it with ginger, honey, and dijon mustard, and it was heavenly. It made wonderful gravy.

Beachwalker

I adore lamb! Can I come to your house for dinner?

AAaaaaghhh!! Got to go to work. :(

Pity you had to work it turned out tasty. I bought a boneless roast lamb for the first time because as much as I love it I hate trying to carve the meat of the bone. Boneless was so much easier definitely the way to go. With the leftover lamb I'll make fried rice tomorrow :)

Archived