AVEN mentioned in textbook!

corduroyjackalope

corduroyjackalope

I am in college and enrolled in a sexuality class. As soon as I got the book I quickly looked through it and under asexuality was a mention of AVEN, what it stands for, what we do here, and the web adress. I was thrilled! :D There was also a quick story of how the Greeks thought androgynous started. Look up the androgynes. It's fun.

The textbook is Exploring the Dimensions of Human Sexuality fourth edition by Jerrold S. Greenburg, Clint E. Bruess, and Sarah C. Conklin.

theo_tatertot

:D :cake:

Ack! I can only view the second of the two pages that mentions asexuality! Page 357 is the one that talks about AVEN! *pouts*

But still... YAY for visibility!

This definitely says something. It truly does! The more visibility we get, the better. 8)

corduroyjackalope

I can't wait to get to that bit in the class! When I told my teacher how exited I was about AVEN being in the book, she said she didn't know that all of it is online. I think she thought we had some kind of organization headquarters somewhere (which would be so cool!) It's a smallish group who signed up for the class so we're really open and I'm glad I can put some asexual insight in the discussions.

But being asexual makes some questions a bit difficult like "How many of you practice safe sex habbits?" I didn't raise my hand and when asked why I said "It implies that I do that and I'm really carefull about that." :D

Wow. That's amazing!

It's always fun when organizations are assumed to be more "official", i.e. brick-and-mortar, than they actually are. (We may be [primarily] online, but we can still rock the world ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
corduroyjackalope

It was my 3rd happiest ace moment: 1)finding out I was ace and finding this place. 2)us getting a flag. 3)finding asexuality and AVEN in a textbook.