Norwegian Radio Interview

GirlDreamer

I was contacted my a Norwegian Radiostation who wanted to interview me for a show called Juntafil. It's a readioshow mostly for young people about sex, body, feelings and relations. They have a doctor and a psychologist in the studio to answer texts that are submitted during the show.

They've been talking about asexuality on the show already, but they've never found anyone to interview who's an actual asexual. They managed to dig up a blog entry of mine that I wrote just after I joined AVEN, and commented asking me if I wanted to do it. Reluctantly, I've agreed to do it as it's too much of an opportunity for visibility here in Norway to let it pass. What's great is that they seem really positive to learn more about it and they have professionals (the doctor and phsycologist) working there that knows asexuality exists, so I decided to accept even though it's way out of my comfort zone. The reporter will call me tomorrow to learn more about me, and the interview will be on friday.

So, if anyone has any advice for me, I'm more than happy to hear them. I've never talked to anyone about my asexuality in RL, so this is really scary for me :unsure:

*cough*Visibility forum*coughs*

You go, you Norwegian you! I'm aware MichaelD did a radio interview (somebody else was on with him) about asexuality and as he's PT he will know how to hook you up with advice and things. I believe DJ does have his stream of contacts and has advice for those who do interviews so you can get in contact with him.

Goodluck Dreamy !!! Knock em dead ! faint.gif

Breathe and keep calm Sorry I'm not much help Idk what to tell you advice wise :(

*squeee* :D

They just called me to ask me some questions, and it's so awesome to see how curious they are and in a good way too! They're actually going to call me a little later today to do a short phone interview that they're going to include in today's show already, then I'm meeting with them tomorrow to do a more in dept interview for next weeks show.

I can't even begin to describe how amazing it's to see their positive enthusiasm about this whole thing sHa_shakeshout.gif

This just keep getting more awesome! I finished the interview today, and everything went fine as they made it really easy for me. But apparently they're going to give out a book too, and they asked me if it was okay if they published some of my interview there and if they could call or email me for more questions for that book :) And they're going to put an article about it on the internet :D

Huge cakes to GD for voulteering, and for Juntafil for doing a segment on asexuality! :cake: :cake:

GD puts the V and E in AVEN.

• 2 weeks later...

This is amazing! I'm happy for you! Go Visibility! :cake: